By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why do people specifically enter a thread to bash on something

JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:
which thread, the rare one?
I'm not sure I saw any trolling.

Let's be honest about that thread.  905 of the people in there are in there to talk trash about Rare.  And im not just talking about rare

Perhaps you're missing something here.
Ask yourself, "what is the point of the OP".

Your OP's point was Rare has only made one kinect game, and therefore using logic, they must not be a kinect-only developer. This statement is used as evidence to substantiate their work on 3 upcoming games, one of which having a AAA budget that may use kinect.
Then you tell people to think. So we did.

Rare has literally 0 personnel left from when they worked with nintendo. They are LITERALLY just a name.
They made Viva Pinata (a creative, good game that never really hit success due to the superficiality of the game).
They made Banjo, which took the series in completely the wrong direction and flopped.
And they made kinect game.

Meanwhile, they had been developing prototypes for games that would then get canceled (which you forgot to mention)
Kameo, Savannah, Conker, Killer Instinct. These games all had been worked on to some degree, killer instinct even planned to use kinect.

We then have an ex employee who says that Rare wanted to work on all kinds of games, and MS wanted them to focus specifically on kid games and kinect. He says MS' vision had greatly demoralized the studio because Rare is known for its diversity, not its kid games. He says MS wanted all their games to use kinect.

So when I read your OP, and then when I consult my own knowledge of Rare, and then am told to 'think', I come up with an answer that says, "this OP is not worth responding to seriously". Fortunately, responding seriously is not a requirement of posting. Nor is anything in that thread considered "trolling"

The answer is, they've not been 'hiding away developing new titles for 720'. They've been developing game after game and getting rejected or canceled over and over. Now you say they have a AAA budget? They haven't made a core game in 5 years. Be careful what you wish for.

PS: I would also suggest you look up what trolling is. :D There is no trolling in that thread XD

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

Let's be honest about that thread.  905 of the people in there are in there to talk trash about Rare.  And im not just talking about rare

Rare is fucking dead to me so I pretty much don't talk about them at all, but start mentioning XBL and I have a lot of negative things to say about it for sure.

theprof00 said:
JayWood2010 said:
theprof00 said:

Perhaps you're missing something here.
Ask yourself, "what is the point of the OP".

Your OP's point was Rare has only made one kinect game, and therefore using logic, they must not be a kinect-only developer. This statement is used as evidence to substantiate their work on 3 upcoming games, one of which having a AAA budget that may use kinect.
Then you tell people to think. So we did.

Rare has literally 0 personnel left from when they worked with nintendo. They are LITERALLY just a name.
They made Viva Pinata (a creative, good game that never really hit success due to the superficiality of the game).
They made Banjo, which took the series in completely the wrong direction and flopped.
And they made kinect game.

Meanwhile, they had been developing prototypes for games that would then get canceled (which you forgot to mention)
Kameo, Savannah, Conker, Killer Instinct. These games all had been worked on to some degree, killer instinct even planned to use kinect.

We then have an ex employee who says that Rare wanted to work on all kinds of games, and MS wanted them to focus specifically on kid games and kinect. He says MS' vision had greatly demoralized the studio because Rare is known for its diversity, not its kid games. He says MS wanted all their games to use kinect.

So when I read your OP, and then when I consult my own knowledge of Rare, and then am told to 'think', I come up with an answer that says, "this OP is not worth responding to seriously". Fortunately, responding seriously is not a requirement of posting. Nor is anything in that thread considered "trolling"

The answer is, they've not been 'hiding away developing new titles for 720'. They've been developing game after game and getting rejected or canceled over and over. Now you say they have a AAA budget? They haven't made a core game in 5 years. Be careful what you wish for.

PS: I would also suggest you look up what trolling is. :D There is no trolling in that thread XD

I changed the title to bashing.  Most likely before you finished writing this lol

Anyways , I made that thead after the original rare thread where everybody was coming into bash them.   

Maybe you should read through those and then comment on this.  Like i said Im also not only talking about those threads but many others as well.

Probability.

Also, hahahahahaha.

bananaking21 said:
every time i enter a thread i really expect it you to be the author

Kresnik said:
Goodness me you're making a lot of pointless threads today.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Akvod said:

Probability.

I replied to this once in the other thread too, but i see you feel the need to spam this in all of my threads too huh?

Around the Network

Hmmm I wasn't aware of a thread before, but, well I don't understand what you want. I gave you your answer. :D Nobody likes Rare.

But yes, I did write that post before you changed the name to bashing.
Bashing something is not against the rules...which reminds me of a certain ban I received recently where I was.

Akvod said:

Probability.

Also, hahahahahaha.

bananaking21 said:

Kresnik said:

This graph is clearly spin designed to make 7 threads seem like a lot.

theprof00 said:
Hmmm I wasn't aware of a thread before, but, well I don't understand what you want. I gave you your answer. :D Nobody likes Rare.

But yes, I did write that post before you changed the name to bashing.
Bashing something is not against the rules...which reminds me of a certain ban I received recently where I was.

I know what ban you are talking about.  You was flaming more than bashing.  And yeah ive been banned on occasions i dont agree with either so you arent alone on that one.

But yeah, people dont like rare so why comment in rare threads?  that is my question.  I mean if someone doesnt like Sony  and god of war then why go in the thread to bash it.  I understand some threads where people get into disputes due to a disagreement.  I just dont understand the ones that specifically goes into bash something.  

JayWood2010 said:
Akvod said:

Probability.

I replied to this once in the other thread too, but i see you feel the need to spam this in all of my threads too huh?

Meh, I'm bored.

theprof00 said:
Akvod said:

Probability.

Also, hahahahahaha.

bananaking21 said:

Kresnik said:

This graph is clearly spin designed to make 7 threads seem like a lot.

Do you want me to do this for multiple pages? You'll probably get similar results. What's important are the proportions, not the absolute values.