By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

I assume Seth is not posting because he sees no reason to post when the day is ending soon. Maybe he needs to be reminded to post. I'm not posting because I'm fairly busy and I have already voted. I'm sticking to my vote as well. No reason to show any doubt now.

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
AstroGamer said:
I assume Seth is not posting because he sees no reason to post when the day is ending soon. Maybe he needs to be reminded to post. I'm not posting because I'm fairly busy and I have already voted. I'm sticking to my vote as well. No reason to show any doubt now.

There's still more than 24 hours til the Day comes to a close. Plenty can happen in that time. What happened to your concern about any of your actions being a stupid move?

yeah,now that i think about it more, that post came off a little too cocky. I should have elaborated in that i haven't seen you change much during the game so far. Also, I'd find more accurate reads once the first death actually occurs. Most of my reads are about the same as yesterday and most are probably inaccurate currently. Also, someone should PM Seth if they haven't already

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Linkzmax said:
Bong Lover said:
Linkzmax said:
Noctis returns and acts very townish with his first post. yay

Bong, which arguments can be proven?
With luck you'll be scanned(or killed) at some point, which will avoid a mislynch if you are town.
About your feeling. What do you think the attention is being diverted from?

Any argument that is based on exsisting posts, either in this thread or somewhere else can be proven. For an example look at HappyDolphins claim that Radishhead flipped his position within a few hours. That can be proven by showning links to posts that clearly demonstarte his point.

Your ongoing case against me is based on what you think I am capable of thinking in my head, there's no way you can point to any concrete evidence to show that I couldn't and there's no way to show a printout of my thought process to show that I acctually did. What I have been thinking can't be proven either way. It's all speculation on your part.

Your case against me is as losly founded as if I were to say that since you don't understand the difference between an argument based on hard evidence and speculation then I don't think you could have come up with your current push against me, so you have to be scum. It would be ridicoulous reasoning, but just as solid as what you're currently engaging in.

And my feeling is based on what seems to be overly pushing an agenda that is basically just some speculation. That makes me think that maybe HappyDolphin was not completely off when he said you would be threatened by players displaying deductive thinking skills, he even sort of hinted that a push of some sort would be coming. It started with my speculation that SethNintendo could have been coached by scum to act the way he did, since then you've been all over that point and Seth has all but disappeared.

"radish contradicted himself" is not much of an argument, though yes it can be proved. "radish contradicted himself because he is scum" is an argument. The counterargument is "radish contradicted himself because he is town and terribad." Neither can be 100% proven or disproven without his flip.
Out of curiosity, what do you consider arguments that are based on disproven premises?

Yes, it's speculation. Wouldn't be enough for a lynch any Day besides toDay, and you are safe toDay as I ascribe to the rule of not lynching newbs on Day 1. You are probably the only one I'd hold that to since the others aren't even trying.(Yes, even Seth if a majority wanted his lynch, despite my thinking he's town)

I understand that it's very difficult to show proof leading up to a theory, but as I said you rightfully left out Rol's post which explicitly would let first-timers off the hook. And as I said earlier to pointing that out, Seth's response to it destroys the idea of scum [secretly] coaching Seth.Another "defense" you had is thatif you were scum you wouldn't have slipped about something you were coached on. But missing thge Rol/Seth posts, confusing Seth and I, and time-travel quote all prove you can make mistakes.

If I was scum and did consider you a threat, trying to build a case against you Day 1, when you're basically unlynchable, is the worst imaginable strategy. Killing you is far easier.
Anyway, you're saying that I removed the attention from Seth and brought it on you? But the attention also must be on me as well. If you flip town at some point it puts a spotlight on me. And if I'm scum and flip at some point then Seth will be staring at the torches and pitchforks.

Seth's response (which you hyperlinked) wans't an answer to Rol's post about first timers being off the hook, but about the "sit back and watch" approach being dispicable. It does mean that first timers may want to sit back and learn, but it doesn't mean that they are off the hook, it just means that they are off the hook when it comes to a "sit back and watch" approach. A lot of this logic is icky.

In terms of it writing off the idea that he's being coached, I'm sorry but there is no easier tactic to have as scum as to say "I'm sitting back and watching because I know nothing" when scum already prefer to say the least amount possible so as to make sure not to let the cat out of the bag.

As for the argument that bong is not stupid because he makes mistakes, that is a great way to make someone feel good about being incorrect. The truth is that he wasn't incorrect on the points you highlight

1) Missing the Rol/Seth affair. Apologies if I misunderstood but what Rol's "we don't pick on the newbies day 1" have to do with scum newbies being coached?

2) Where did he confuse you and seth exactly? I've been following the convo and I haven't seen that personally.

3) What is time-travel quoting.

Yet again a post you make that feels like you're building a big case out of thin air. Just my gut screaming at me is all.

Regarding you getting spotlight on yourself for putting a bad light on Bong and the risk of post-flip guilt, you are fully aware that you could mangle your way out of that. Of course you won't get him lynched on Day 1 given how people have verbalized against that (though I was new day 40 and that didn't stop town from lynching me either), but you can certainly cast suspicion on him to build up a case as the game goes on, and hopefully even waste town actions on him.

If everyone votes for a player to be lynched, you'd never be to blame. Also, what kind of scum would kill a player he's put suspicion on for a whole day, and who would logically argue that?

Time is running out...

unvote Radish
vote Linkzmax

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

Seth's response (which you hyperlinked) wans't an answer to Rol's post about first timers being off the hook, but about the "sit back and watch" approach being dispicable. It does mean that first timers may want to sit back and learn, but it doesn't mean that they are off the hook, it just means that they are off the hook when it comes to a "sit back and watch" approach. A lot of this logic is icky.

In terms of it writing off the idea that he's being coached, I'm sorry but there is no easier tactic to have as scum as to say "I'm sitting back and watching because I know nothing" when scum already prefer to say the least amount possible so as to make sure not to let the cat out of the bag.

As for the argument that bong is not stupid because he makes mistakes, that is a great way to make someone feel good about being incorrect. The truth is that he wasn't incorrect on the points you highlight

1) Missing the Rol/Seth affair. Apologies if I misunderstood but what Rol's "we don't pick on the newbies day 1" have to do with scum newbies being coached?

2) Where did he confuse you and seth exactly? I've been following the convo and I haven't seen that personally.

3) What is time-travel quoting.

Yet again a post you make that feels like you're building a big case out of thin air. Just my gut screaming at me is all.

Regarding you getting spotlight on yourself for putting a bad light on Bong and the risk of post-flip guilt, you are fully aware that you could mangle your way out of that. Of course you won't get him lynched on Day 1 given how people have verbalized against that (though I was new day 40 and that didn't stop town from lynching me either), but you can certainly cast suspicion on him to build up a case as the game goes on, and hopefully even waste town actions on him.

If everyone votes for a player to be lynched, you'd never be to blame. Also, what kind of scum would kill a player he's put suspicion on for a whole day, and who would logically argue that?

You haven't been following at all have you?

Bong said he came up with the idea that scum might coach a newbie to play up the newb card because he got the impression that newbs are given slack. I asked him to give evidence of what would give him that impression. He left out Rol's post.(which in case you are interpreting it differently says that for first-timers it is not dispicable to sit back and watch Day 1) I am saying this may have been on purpose, because Seth's response kills the whole idea that scum secretly coached him to play the newb card. He was literally given a pass right out in the open!

Your argument that a scum Seth saw Rol's post and said "sweet, I'll kick back and relax" is a fair one.

Bong is the one that has said over and over that he's not an idiot. I never have called him one. Only pointing out that his mistakes show that it's possible he slipped about something mentioned in the mafia QT.

1) See first paragraph above.

2) http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5195983 and http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5196059

3) When I asked Bong for evidence that newbs are given slack, he gave Rol's post in the second link from 2. The trouble is Rol's post clearly quotes Bong's theory.

You should ignore your gut, it's wrong.

I can, like I mangled my way out of Day 2 last round? I'm also more likely to be scanned or something by pushing a case that has so much verbalization against it. Town actions used on a suspected townie that isn't going to be killed is far from a waste. He'd then be confirmed.

You're missing the point anyway. If Bong really was a threat to a scum me, I'd never have mentioned him at all and simply killed him, or tried to get him mislynched later down the line.

Yes time is running out, and this quiet has me rather convinced that it's a town-town lynch and scum are just sitting back waiting for one of us to hang.

Nacho was online 8 hours ago. zero's done nothing for the second half of this game. Noctis was busy for two days, but only made one post upon returning. MT's been on but hasn't posted in 3 days. Seth's been on and posting elsewhere.

Yes that reminds me, losing a town radish if that turns out to be the case isn't that much of a loss either.

Stefl's also gone into limbo, but that's what he does when he's basically confirmed as town. nen was right, he sucks.
So of the people I listed I'm most interested in hearing from zero again. raddishead has that guilty scan on him anyways.

Vote: zero

Why are you "trusting" me Rol?

AstroGamer said:
yeah,now that i think about it more, that post came off a little too cocky. I should have elaborated in that i haven't seen you change much during the game so far. Also, I'd find more accurate reads once the first death actually occurs. Most of my reads are about the same as yesterday and most are probably inaccurate currently. Also, someone should PM Seth if they haven't already

Aren't PMs outside the rules?