By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Sorry about my lack of posting. Now that spring break is over I have been busy with homework.

About my list. I don't feel the need to explain it any more because it has changed a bit.

I voted Nacho because I feel he is scum: 3rd on the lynch wagon, not addressing my vote for him at all, not wanted to accept a no lynch option, and his general play compared to other games.

I am a bit more suspicious of Rol and Linkz now as well. Yeah, my reads are all over the place.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network

He was, and quote was fabricated, as indicated by the misspelled names and words that neither Rol nor radish would use.

I am getting progressively more suspicious of Bong and radishhead, and I know which one I'd rather lynch today.

Vote radishhead.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Bong Lover said:
Linkzmax said:
When you have time then.

It isn't stupidity to not come up with the theory. It's normal. And one doesn't have to be utterly stupid to slip up. You keep insisting you aren't an idiot, but I haven't attacked your intelligence at all.

Ok, ask and you shall recieve

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5192945

This post struck me as very helpful. Perhaps it's some devious plan to mislead town and kill with kindness, or an attempt to get people to play at a decent level.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5195637

Here happydolphin indicates that picking on the new guy is not necessarily good form

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5196030

Here Rolstoppable spells it out clear that there's an unwritten rule against giving new players too hard of a time.

As for your second point, I have to differ. It's pretty damn stupid to not be able to piece that argument together on your own. I acctually felt pretty stupid for not realizing it sooner.

1st quote is helpful yes, but it's a stretch to say that indicates newbs will be given slack just for being new.

2nd quote yes, but in voting the new guy he's also showing it is okay to push someone that is new if they're not playing well. So he's demonstrating that playing the newb card is not a good tactic.

3rd quote clearly quotes the post of yours in question. I don't know how that could have lead you to the theory.

Since you seem to have combed the thread pretty good, why didn't you mention Rol's other post:

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

So the right answer is to support killing people day 1 for no reason? The only policy I support is a Day 1 no lynch!

A policy lynch means that we get rid of a liability. Someone who hardly participates and is prone to drunkvoting is detrimental to town. But maybe we are lucky and FF flips scum which would be two birds with one stone.

If you think "no lynch" is the best option on Day 1, then vote for it. The longer Day 1 lasts, the more fed up people get from paranoid accusations which increases the chances for a mislynch. The "I'll sit back and wait for something to happen" attitude on Day 1 is despicable, unless it happens to be your first game of Mafia. I am fine with no lynch on Day 1, because it brings the most annoying Day to a quick end.

What do you think about stefl's miller claim?

The vets who have experienced firsthand scum that suggest playing/avoiding the newb card didn't even mention it, so it's definitely not a matter of beying too stupid to realize it. So like you said earlier, consider it a compliment if you really did think of it by yourself. I just don't buy it.

zero129 said:

I dont know how i missed that and though rol was only joking x_x .

Still i dont know why Radish said that unless he was joking or is lying, id like to hear some more from him on it.

Radish scanned you last Night... got a guilty scan. Where have you been :S

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
I am getting progressively more suspicious of Bong and radishhead, and I know which one I'd rather lynch today.

Vote radishhead.

Can I ask what you find suspicious about my play?

Linkzmax said:
Bong Lover said:
Linkzmax said:
When you have time then.

It isn't stupidity to not come up with the theory. It's normal. And one doesn't have to be utterly stupid to slip up. You keep insisting you aren't an idiot, but I haven't attacked your intelligence at all.

Ok, ask and you shall recieve

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5192945

This post struck me as very helpful. Perhaps it's some devious plan to mislead town and kill with kindness, or an attempt to get people to play at a decent level.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5195637

Here happydolphin indicates that picking on the new guy is not necessarily good form

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5196030

Here Rolstoppable spells it out clear that there's an unwritten rule against giving new players too hard of a time.

As for your second point, I have to differ. It's pretty damn stupid to not be able to piece that argument together on your own. I acctually felt pretty stupid for not realizing it sooner.

1st quote is helpful yes, but it's a stretch to say that indicates newbs will be given slack just for being new.

2nd quote yes, but in voting the new guy he's also showing it is okay to push someone that is new if they're not playing well. So he's demonstrating that playing the newb card is not a good tactic.

3rd quote clearly quotes the post of yours in question. I don't know how that could have lead you to the theory.

Since you seem to have combed the thread pretty good, why didn't you mention Rol's other post:

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

So the right answer is to support killing people day 1 for no reason? The only policy I support is a Day 1 no lynch!

A policy lynch means that we get rid of a liability. Someone who hardly participates and is prone to drunkvoting is detrimental to town. But maybe we are lucky and FF flips scum which would be two birds with one stone.

If you think "no lynch" is the best option on Day 1, then vote for it. The longer Day 1 lasts, the more fed up people get from paranoid accusations which increases the chances for a mislynch. The "I'll sit back and wait for something to happen" attitude on Day 1 is despicable, unless it happens to be your first game of Mafia. I am fine with no lynch on Day 1, because it brings the most annoying Day to a quick end.

What do you think about stefl's miller claim?

The vets who have experienced firsthand scum that suggest playing/avoiding the newb card didn't even mention it, so it's definitely not a matter of beying too stupid to realize it. So like you said earlier, consider it a compliment if you really did think of it by yourself. I just don't buy it.

bolded: That's pretty embarrasing, I didn't realize what post he was answering to.

italics: Is that something a veteran player would notice and not mention to see if the tell could be reinforced? I don't know, I guess it's excellent reasoning on my part, quite outside the relm of what is usual apparently. I'll just chalk this up to me being freakishly smart. Anyway, there's nothing I can say that will prove one way or another that I can think of this for myself, so we'll just have to wait and see what I flip when all is reveled sooner or later.

Linkzmax said:
prof, can you clarify your rules if a timelimit is hammered?

there is no time limit.

time limit hammered, just like me, 182 hours limit go!

jk, let's do 48 hours to go