By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

DarkThanatos said:

So basically, he's so bad, he is town? 

This is first of all reliant on mafia having daytalk- which is by no means certain. Why are you so sure? 

Secondly, he could be seperated mafia, something you have also ignored the possibility of. I was in my first game. 

Can you also re-give your opinion for Bong being scum? 

More like he's just bad, which doesn't necessarily mean he's scum. And if he was scum, I think he'd have a noticeable change.

Like I said, talking at Night in the thread is allowed, so it is safe to assume scum can talk in their QT during the Day.

Sure, he could be a SK too. It's incredibly difficult to hunt for loner roles on Day 1.

Can do. Here he brings up the idea that scum have coached Seth to play the newb card. This being his first game ever, I find it hard to believe he'd think of that on his own, because he should have no idea if acting in such a manner is a good or bad thing.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
My reasons for voting Linkz are bad. I agree that my read on him is correct, and I found his play kind of biased towards Seth, but coming to think of it it's an mediocre explanation that is acceptable when taking a step back. It's based on the premise that scum would coach their players, it doesn't mean their infallible but his opinion on Seth's play is that it is uncoached and I'm okay with that.

His suspicion of Bong is that Bong is coached. But I disagree with that. Though I disagree, I can now with a step back understand where he's coming from, at least.

Ultimately this concession is based on the idea that Linkz isn't playing perfectly, and maybe I over-estimate him.

I don't like my vote anymore...

unvote Linkz

As I said, the basis for your suspicion is that you think I was aggressive from the get go in Round 50, and I simply wasn't. From there you've twisted everything I've said as further reason that I'm scum. Good of you to get out of the tunnel.

Bong Lover said:
Well, recent events leaves me no other option than to

unvote nen-suer

Why now? Did you simply forget that you had your vote on nen after his claim?

zero129 said:
Damnit this thread is moving way way too fast for me to keep up with .
I didnt really like the push on Nen and i also dont like this new push on radish, imo looking how radish played in other games he just seems like himself to me so why exactly are people pegging him as scum atm?.

So you were okay with the push on me?! I thought we were besties now. :*(

RolStoppable said:
Final-Fan said:
"I'm not paranoid, I'm just such a threat to mafia that I have to deal with them trying to get me with their mind control powers"

Take a stance. Is he town or scum in your eyes?

Leaning scum.  I don't buy -- at all -- the argument that assumes that his scumbuddies would be giving him advice that he would follow to avoid this situation if he was really scum.  However, I am keeping in mind that radish has a history of scummy play as town. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:
Bong Lover said:

unvote nen-suer

I didn't forget, I simply took my time as I did when I voted for him as well. It took me some time to figure out the significance of role claiming also, and when I did you took that as another scum tell on me.

To your point of suspicion about me, why is it so inconcievable that I would come up with that theory on my own? In any case, if that is too advanced for me to understand on my own, does that mean you think I've been coached by scum to present that theory? How would that be a benefit for scum exactly?

To address your concern: Over the course of day one I have realized that being new at this game is a great disadvantage and that the experienced players know this and cut noobs like myself some slack. At least for the first few days it seems like you can get away with claiming ignorance, thus it would be a benefit for scum to advise their new players (I am assuming there is at least one new scum player for the sake of balance btw) to appear like they don't know everything that goes on. Note that I never said I think that Sethnintendo is being coached by scum, I just commented that he several times went out of his way to point out how little he understands of what's going on and that it could be possible that scum has told him to play up to his status as new that way.

RolStoppable said:
zero129 said:
Damnit this thread is moving way way too fast for me to keep up with .
I didnt really like the push on Nen and i also dont like this new push on radish, imo looking how radish played in other games he just seems like himself to me so why exactly are people pegging him as scum atm?.

Because he claimed being the cop and having a guilty scan on you.

Here's how it started zero:

RollStopable said:

raddishead said:
Yeah, I wanted the attention, so scum would think they could lynch me.

I scanned zero guilty.

That's a contradiction. You must be scum

vote radishy

Nachomamma8 said:
Bong Lover said:
Nachomamma8 said:
Bong Lover said:

Can brighter heads than mine give a plausible explanation how a flip like the one radishhead did here could be anything but a strong scum tell?

Radish gets paranoid very quickly, so the fact that he doesn't have a strong player as town for long isn't too big of a surprise.

Unvote
I'm not sure who I want to look at next, but I'll do a little more reading when I have a little more time.

How do you view his (in my opinion) pretty weird argument that only scum would pick up on him blatantly contradicting himself?

It's a weird argument, but it's an argument that Radish wouldn't have put forth if he didn't feel it felt some validity, regardless of alignment. Scum normally don't throw out arguments that they see obvious flaws in unless they think the town wouldn't pick up on it. I don't think Radish is that type of player, hence it's most likely just Radish logic.

Just Radish logic.

So you're telling me I can't just look for scum tells, I also need to keep in mind that not everyone has a great sense of logical reasoning and could present all sorts of jibbrish while seriously thinking it makes excellent sense? Oh my ...

Bong Lover said:
Linkzmax said:
Bong Lover said:

unvote nen-suer

I didn't forget, I simply took my time as I did when I voted for him as well. It took me some time to figure out the significance of role claiming also, and when I did you took that as another scum tell on me.

To your point of suspicion about me, why is it so inconcievable that I would come up with that theory on my own? In any case, if that is too advanced for me to understand on my own, does that mean you think I've been coached by scum to present that theory? How would that be a benefit for scum exactly?

To address your concern: Over the course of day one I have realized that being new at this game is a great disadvantage and that the experienced players know this and cut noobs like myself some slack. At least for the first few days it seems like you can get away with claiming ignorance, thus it would be a benefit for scum to advise their new players (I am assuming there is at least one new scum player for the sake of balance btw) to appear like they don't know everything that goes on. Note that I never said I think that Sethnintendo is being coached by scum, I just commented that he several times went out of his way to point out how little he understands of what's going on and that it could be possible that scum has told him to play up to his status as new that way.

You mentioned the "very real chance [you] were wrong [about nen being scum]" and "serious doubt [about your strong scum read of nen]". Regardless of my take on your role claiming question, if you are so hesitant to vote because of the risk of being wrong, what harm is there in quickly unvoting for someone you are highly considering isn't actually scum. Again, what "recent events" forced you to unvote now?

Yes, I think it is quite unlikely that at that point in time you'd have come up with such a theory. I don't think you were coached by scum to present said theory, but I think there was coaching that mentioned to/not to play up the newb card. I think you took the idea of playing the newb card and then pushed it against Seth.

You are going to have to show me where you think vets give newbs slack, because at the point you presented your theory I don't find any evidence of it. Your note is contradicting itself, plus you did:
"now that I've slept on it and thought about it a little more it's entirely possible that he's been coached by scum to say what he says? I don't remeber how long after the original question that he replied but I have a feeling there would be plenty of time for scum to interfere and give him an acceptable reply."

Bong Lover said:

Just Radish logic.

So you're telling me I can't just look for scum tells, I also need to keep in mind that not everyone has a great sense of logical reasoning and could present all sorts of jibbrish while seriously thinking it makes excellent sense? Oh my ...

Gotta love meta ;) Don't worry, it'll become part of your game too.