By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Nachomamma8 said:
Bong Lover said:

Can brighter heads than mine give a plausible explanation how a flip like the one radishhead did here could be anything but a strong scum tell?

Radish gets paranoid very quickly, so the fact that he doesn't have a strong player as town for long isn't too big of a surprise.

Unvote
I'm not sure who I want to look at next, but I'll do a little more reading when I have a little more time.

How do you view his (in my opinion) pretty weird argument that only scum would pick up on him blatantly contradicting himself?

Around the Network
DarkThanatos said:
AstroGamer said:

Something about Linkz is rubbing me the wrong way so

Vote: Linkz

I had a semi- scum read on you- til you posted this. Perhaps there are two smaller scum teams this game? Two teams of 3 wouldn't be too unbalanced depending on what roles people have. Might be something to consider

Are you implying that Astro and Linkz are on different scum teams here?

happydolphin said:
hatmoza said:

I don't remember ever successfully lynching a scum Radish. He seems to always roll town. I find myself asking, however, are we really going to lose anything if we mislynch Radish?

Though for once, I'm actually feeling good about his lynch.  Plus, I'm also very bored of day 1.

Unvote DT

Vote Radish

We would lose because if he's truly scum then he gives us breadcrums. Best keep him alive and get the others

So you're saying we should leave someone that is scum alive because he isn't a threat? Last time town did that mafia went in to have a flawless victory. I was starting to seriously consider the possibility that you and Linkz were town fighting it out but after this post I'm not so sure anymore >.>

radishhead said:
I wouldn't say I get "paranoid" - all I'm saying is that the Mafia tend to put anti-Radish sentiments into the minds of the town to get me lynched

This has to be one of the most oxymoronic statements I've read in a while haha. Unfortunately for Radish however, knowing him in real life means that I know he starts to act this way when he is uncomfortable (contradicting his own statements, acting forgetful etc.) so from where I am standing it seems like he had something to hide right from the moment he started to contradict himself. As such;

Unvote: DT (This vote is void now anyway considering the reasoning behind it)

Vote: Radishhead

radishhead said:
I wouldn't say I get "paranoid" - all I'm saying is that the Mafia tend to put anti-Radish sentiments into the minds of the town to get me lynched

No, you get paranoid.

benao87 said:

After a refreshing morning, and a look at the very handy vote summary from truck, I see how close we were from lynching nen, he was at L-3

Over the weekend I felt that linkz was trying too hard to state why it would be right to accuse nen, I don't feel that very townie.

Vote: Linkz

So you think that town is lazy and scum is tryhard?

happydolphin said:
My reasons for voting Linkz are bad. I agree that my read on him is correct, and I found his play kind of biased towards Seth, but coming to think of it it's an mediocre explanation that is acceptable when taking a step back. It's based on the premise that scum would coach their players, it doesn't mean their infallible but his opinion on Seth's play is that it is uncoached and I'm okay with that.

His suspicion of Bong is that Bong is coached. But I disagree with that. Though I disagree, I can now with a step back understand where he's coming from, at least.

Ultimately this concession is based on the idea that Linkz isn't playing perfectly, and maybe I over-estimate him.

I don't like my vote anymore...

unvote Linkz

I am glad that you did this, still want to see your other reads.

Bong Lover said:
Nachomamma8 said:
Bong Lover said:

Can brighter heads than mine give a plausible explanation how a flip like the one radishhead did here could be anything but a strong scum tell?

Radish gets paranoid very quickly, so the fact that he doesn't have a strong player as town for long isn't too big of a surprise.

Unvote
I'm not sure who I want to look at next, but I'll do a little more reading when I have a little more time.

How do you view his (in my opinion) pretty weird argument that only scum would pick up on him blatantly contradicting himself?

It's a weird argument, but it's an argument that Radish wouldn't have put forth if he didn't feel it felt some validity, regardless of alignment. Scum normally don't throw out arguments that they see obvious flaws in unless they think the town wouldn't pick up on it. I don't think Radish is that type of player, hence it's most likely just Radish logic.

i don't like the latest radish push that much, and I don't like that I feel like all of the vets who i am familiar with aren't really engaging this round, save Linkz.

RolStoppable said:
radishhead said:

Out of the people who voted for you so far, who do you think is scum? Also, feel free to say who else you think is scummy.

The mafia members this round are Mario, HD, Yoshiya, Spurge and one of the new players- not sure which one

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Around the Network

"I'm not paranoid, I'm just such a threat to mafia that I have to deal with them trying to get me with their mind control powers"

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

All his reasoning is bs. I've tried to think maybe he could come out clean, but how long did it take for him to come clean on the contradiction, then all the denial.

Forget it man, he is just scum

vote Radish

@Nacho. Hey, glad that pleased you. I try to be reasonable and sensible, doesn't always work. My clearest read is above ^ on radish.

@Yoshiya. Source and it was a strategy that was made clear in the open, if you disagree then explain no need to get suspicious (unless you have an agenda of course).

happydolphin said:

@Yoshiya. Source and it was a strategy that was made clear in the open, if you disagree then explain no need to get suspicious (unless you have an agenda of course).

I'd be happy to source it but before I waste any effort trying to find it, I seem to remember there being a database/thread for all this stuff which makes returning to old games a lot easier. If this does exist would someone with quick access to it be so kind as to post it? If it doesn't exist then just say and I'll look for it myself.

For the record, the game in question was the one I skipped which Hat hosted. Tabaha was clearly scum and everyone agreed on this, however, because they felt he was a weak player they didn't lynch him, which meant that after mislynching that Day and then scum hitting with their Nightkill, he and his scummates (DT and Spurge) won the game without any of them being lynched.

Yoshiya said:
happydolphin said:

I'd be happy to source it but before I waste any effort trying to find it, I seem to remember there being a database/thread for all this stuff which makes returning to old games a lot easier. If this does exist would someone with quick access to it be so kind as to post it? If it doesn't exist then just say and I'll look for it myself.

For the record, the game in question was the one I skipped which Hat hosted. Tabaha was clearly scum and everyone agreed on this, however, because they felt he was a weak player they didn't lynch him, which meant that after mislynching that Day and then scum hitting with their Nightkill, he and his scummates (DT and Spurge) won the game without any of them being lynched.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121381&page=1

happydolphin said:
Yoshiya said:
happydolphin said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=121381&page=1

Game 49, page 54 (first page I've seen the first comment where people pretty much knew Tabaha was scum).

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=149622&page=54

I'll admit that my memory was a little off on what happened but if you look at the scenerio, pretty much everyone left was under the correct assumption that Tabaha was scum but they kept saying they would leave it until tomorrow, and, as I said, this cost them the game as it allowed mafia to win at the end of that Day.