By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Linkzmax said:

You are making less sense as this Day goes on. If anything you're applying the meta backwards. If he's good enough to realize scum might use reverse psychology to keep townies from lynching them, then he should be good enough to question why a townie would lie about their role.

You see me jumping on everyone that has suspected others? Nope, just ill-reasoned suspicion that is in the wrong place.

Imho no, it's first easier to suspect mafia to lie than to suspect town to lie. Expecially if he's sniffing for mafia, he'd be looking at reasons why he shouldn't vote for nen right now, and why the claim is actually a town tell for him. Town lying is a more advanced step imho.

Around the Network

DT is back an ready to post a shit load of quotes at y'all. I am on my phone, so don't expect a logical order to them, and if they repeat themselves I'm sorry- but there is a lot from across like 7 pages.
If I miss anything out you want to ask me that I don't cover- give me a buzz. I have been given usage of Internet by the owners of my residents back.
As I am on phone quotes don't appear as I don't have the sidebar- so I'll respond when I see them after I've posted all my stuff.

So hyped for Rome 2: Total War

radishhead said:
Linkzmax said:
radishhead said:
Oh for the record, DT, Yoshiya and I were all out last night - DT has been away longer because his internet was disconnected, but I imagine he'll be allowed to use it again soon

Really? He didn't seem to have trouble posting in 3 other threads yesterday.(Well between 1 and 2 days ago, but roughly a day after his last post in this thread)

you'll have to ask him about it - maybe he was posting on his phone or something

I was direct linked to those pages by Yoshiya IRL. I was reading the thread and catching up whilst waiting for the Sim City servers (how I hate them. Fucking ridiculous. Rant for another time.) then my Internet was cruelly taken away from me whilst I was doing that which is what radish and Yoshiya were referring to. Saturday I was working entire day and went straight from work out with radish and Yoshiya. Yoshiya knows I had Internet back because he crashed over mine last night and this morning I played sim city with him. When he left I spent the day out with my family for Mother's Day and the Rest of the time doing the project I mentioned before I signed up. Then I spent the last hour and a half catching up the thread. 

hatmoza said:
RolStoppable said:
Yoshiya said:
Also, I'm not the first to point this out but I'm definitely not liking the way that Spurge is asking for the go-ahead to lynch FF or the "new lurkers" as he puts it. It's rubbing me up the wrong way considering he's normally happy enough to throw his vote around and for that I'll;

Vote: Spurge

Yes, let's do this.

Vote: spurge

Where is DT?

DT disappeared after I grilled him with a series of question that went unanswered. I'm hoping he responded to at least some of them as I catch up or he's a guaranteed scum in my book.

Hopefully I quoted them and I'll get to them as I work through. If not, ask them again or link me to original page 

happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:

You are making less sense as this Day goes on. If anything you're applying the meta backwards. If he's good enough to realize scum might use reverse psychology to keep townies from lynching them, then he should be good enough to question why a townie would lie about their role.

You see me jumping on everyone that has suspected others? Nope, just ill-reasoned suspicion that is in the wrong place.

Imho no, it's first easier to suspect mafia to lie than to suspect town to lie. Expecially if he's sniffing for mafia, he'd be looking at reasons why he shouldn't vote for nen right now, and why the claim is actually a town tell for him. Town lying is a more advanced step imho.

I think you are confusing the viewpoint. It's not the perspective of looking at nen as scum. It's Bong looking at role claims from a scum's perspective, where he sees it as something risky to lie about as it would lead to lots of suspicion. Not from a town's perspective of a roleclaim being a way to validate oneself as town(though he did say it when I asked him) or to trap scum.

Around the Network
happydolphin said:

This! I am pretty confident we have something with Linkz, we just need to push it and not let him get the higher ground as scum because if that happens he will manipulate the whole game, he has that ability.

I agree entirely. Linkz is one of my leaning scum reads, and you are one if my town reads. 

Linkz is always worth reading, but read it detached from the game and actually consider what he is saying with his points. I love how he accused you of cherry picking after he had just done the same thing to you the day before.

uunvote

Vote Linkz

Wooooooosh!

nen-suer said:
Linkzmax said:
I did. Just because you don't have the energy to look doesn't mean I need to explain it again.

Oh and I did look at some of your town games, and despite you thinking otherwise there is a difference in your play. Your sowing of distrust doesn't fit either mold though, so it's simply anti-town.

Sowing distrust s not anti-town. Only an anti-town would think that (or plain Ignorant)

Only scum trusts each other not townies. I havbe no idea who is my enemy and who is my ally.

Sowing distrust meaning there were trust before and anyone who trusted others in mafia gamesis either a lying scum or really bad player

and i think your the former.

I think Linkz meant more like spreading FUD.  But I guess that's a conversation for another day. 
Unvote nen-suer

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Bong Lover said:
happydolphin said:

Stop flip-flopping. Also, if you think he's town, what do you think of his defence of Seth as town (here and here)?

Can brighter heads than mine give a plausible explanation how a flip like the one radishhead did here could be anything but a strong scum tell?

Have I missed any important developments in between the two wildly contradicting points? I am asking because something like this looks like almost a dead give away, and from other posts it's obvious that this is not radishheads first game of mafia, so would he make a mistake of this magnitude as scum?

If this is a strong a scum tell as it seems to me, what does that say about Linkz? I get a feeling I might have smelled more scum on him then was warrented.

If he changed his mind for a reason he can explain, it's not that scummy (of course you can question his veracity).  But if he did it for no apparent reason, especially in a short amount of time, it's pretty suspicious.  His current claim that he did it to bait scum to accuse him based on the flip-flop is, if anything, even more suspect. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Linkzmax said:

I think you are confusing the viewpoint. It's not the perspective of looking at nen as scum. It's Bong looking at role claims from a scum's perspective, where he sees it as something risky to lie about as it would lead to lots of suspicion. Not from a town's perspective of a roleclaim being a way to validate oneself as town(though he did say it when I asked him) or to trap scum.

I know, Linkz, I understand that. But I'm pretty sure it's based off of looking at nen and wondering "Could he be lying right now?".

After some thought that was my understanding of it. I thought you'd see that too, but I accept that you may not have. The fact that I'm suspicious of you already doesn't help me seeing this as you intending to cast suspicion on Bong where there is none to be cast.