By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Nachomamma8 said:

HappyD pursuing Linkz over not being as aggressive as he normally is makes it unlikely that he is scum pushing a townLinkz. There's absolutely no reason for him to throw himself on Linkz's radar like this as scum. Also getting a town read on Linkz by this point; it started out strong from the prodding and holding back a bit as he got a baseline on some of the new players, but his response to happyd seems pretty town, especially since he's combing through the thread and picking up on other things while refuting happyd's arguments.

Linkzmax said:
Cool. Seth is probably town. Bong is likely scum. Reads are unrelated, just wanted to hear Bong's answer before I gave the read of Seth.

Could you explain these reads?

nen-suer said:
Last few pages I give :
Town points for Mario, Linkz, HappyD and Rol
Scum points to spurg, Zero and FF.

Reasoning, reasoning, reasoning. Also, you state reading Linkz is all about first impressions, you say Linkz is getting early town points from you... why isn't he a townread?

While happy's original point is still incorrect, I do agree with the assessment of him. This is his town play, useless "supportive" posts and all.

I explained the read for Seth here and here, and Bong here.

nen was "on" me early, though he never addressed the counterpoints. And then tried to say that my observation came before his actions. nen did in fact rush to say Bong's post was a null tell, and turned the suspicion on hat for saying such a thing. The "linking" of hat and Bong did come after my original statement, hence why I said '[nen has] further gone on to..."
So though I think his suspicions aren't justified, and likely false, he has at least voiced a first impression that I'm scum. The second impression is that I'm town.

Around the Network
Linkzmax said:

1. While happy's original point is still incorrect, I do agree with the assessment of him. This is his town play, useless "supportive" posts and all.

2. I explained the read for Seth here and here, and Bong here.

nen was "on" me early, though he never addressed the counterpoints. And then tried to say that my observation came before his actions. nen did in fact rush to say Bong's post was a null tell, and turned the suspicion on hat for saying such a thing. The "linking" of hat and Bong did come after my original statement, hence why I said '[nen has] further gone on to..."
So though I think his suspicions aren't justified, and likely false, he has at least voiced a first impression that I'm scum. The second impression is that I'm town.

@1. That wasn't a supportive post, I wasn't supporting him. I was expressing my excitement in his disputation ability.

@2. I already mentioned that those were bs, because scum can also make mistakes and be corrected after the fact in QT.

Damn, I go over to a friends house last night and come back today to only find HappyD and SuperMario are trying to nail me as scum! I'm going to revise my list and post later. I still don't have that much to go by and I don't want to make anymore blind accusations. I'll try to post as much as I can this weekend but I need to get off my fat ass and work out. I'm probably going to go with a no vote myself for day1 unless I somehow get a strong read on someone.

Nachomamma8 said:
Final-Fan said:

17.  Expecting to lose a town on the first day lynch doesn't really make it less damaging.

I'm not sure what part of my reasoning you are referring to re: expecting to lose a town on the first day lynch (I agree with that sentence completely, for the record)

"a mislynch won't really hurt the town that much because it's sort of expected."

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

sethnintendo said:

Damn, I go over to a friends house last night and come back today to only find HappyD and SuperMario are trying to nail me as scum! I'm going to revise my list and post later. I still don't have that much to go by and I don't want to make anymore blind accusations. I'll try to post as much as I can this weekend but I need to get off my fat ass and work out. I'm probably going to go with a no vote myself for day1 unless I somehow get a strong read on someone.

unvote Seth

vote Linkz

I think that's more fair, it's day 1 and you're learning, take a breath.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
You guys who are actually town have got to be the dumbest MF's on the planet. So full of yourselves in real life, in this game, and on the site. But in actuality you are garbage players.

I was being sarcastic and wanted to see who would actually vote for FF. What do you mean skipping over? I went back to Final Fans post. What did I miss? He said he was a JOAT from what it looks like and he added Miller in the mix? Did he not? Am I blind? If the MF'er did, then he is saying he is miller as well as stefl. Fucking Mario hinted at it. The fuck is the problem? Like Prof last game, I fail to believe you guys are this stupid. I was defending you FF! The hell is your problem. I Rol is off his rocker this game or he is scum.

Stefl, happyd, Rol, and someone else I would like to keep private are on my radar. I /hunk it is obvious so I mentioned them. Not feeling Nen to be honest, since others are on him. Linkz is no giving me any scum vibes as well.

spurge ... I said I was "miller, cop, mason, and doctor".  Jack of all Trades is a bunch of one shot skills that are different, right?  But think about it.  How could you be a "one shot" mason?  I guess you could hypothetically be a one shot miller, but that's dumb because you'd very seldom get investigated twice and it would only confuse the issue.  So I'd have to be miller, mason, and a Jack cop and doctor.  Aside from that, didn't it seem like a ridiculous amount of powers?  Including the fact that there had to be another cop because of the miller part, and yet if I got mis-investigated I could just claim mason and my buddy would back me up. 

Overall, it was really a ridiculous fakeclaim, a little joke I made for Rol, and I was flabbergasted when you took it seriously. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

spurgeonryan said:
That is not what I expected from my last posts.

O_o

Also. Yoshia jumping after astro. Why would scum tell him to come in and go after linkz? Why after watching this game would he send a "no reason" post, voting scum at linkz?

I would rather think he is town.

It's not impossible that the scum team is very inexperienced and thus basically acting randomly, or on the other hand very experienced and set it up so that your thought on the matter would come up. But I'd agree it's likely he wasn't told to vote for me.

Okay, nen-thoughts part 1 incoming (I will not make everything just yet...)

Let's leave out his first reaction about my miller claim, and let's go to this, well, not that important, just that he is willing to lynch FF and make it his mission to get FF lynched when he does not get active.

Trying to discredit hatz actions. Well, this one is 50% lulz, 50% repetition.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5191907

first part I deem okay, second part (commenting on linkz)... umm... yeah, linkz pretty much nailed the head of what I was thinking about you that moment and I will claim that this is what you are still trying to do (that is also why you threw my name after a bit of inactivity) you want to break up the town vibes by discrediting people whenever you can (>lurking Stefl == scum Stefl). Anyway, you don't bring up much... except... that his post is not a post he would make as a townie (on which I disagree).

Then we have this one, were you are joking about your high scum ratio, joking about happyD's post and then saying that you would lynch me just to teach me a lesson, oh yeah, the lesson being, it is not about me. Duh, no I just claimed my role because I think I am so awesome ;P Anyway, there was already enough arguing about my role, and why I claimed it like I did. (leaving some posts out because they are only related to the initial post, and don't really build out the case in any way)

Now we go onto discrediting people again (what a surprise... once again).

(one one-liner, then pause)

Okay after not posting for a bit you make this post, at least keeping your promise that you will go after FF if his activity is low (oh, no, you didn't really go after him, but fine by me)

First post that has harvested you some townie points on my account, because here you are not trying to solely discredit a person.

That one has been argued enough by other (anyway, yes it was not you who asked the question, but doesn't really matter either).

I am not going into the 3 most recent posts before I claimed to built my case.

Anyway, to get to my reasoning: You are discrediting people instead of trying to discredit people more than actually scumhunt > sow distrust

You can call it parroting or try to discredit it in any way you like, but the result of further trying to discredit rather than scumhunt will only strengthen my view of you.

Also, I am left with the impression that if nen is scum, and flips scum, I can say that it would increase the towniness of hatz and linkz dramatically.

>also - lol @ the part 1, since I actually thought going over most of nen's posts will take me longer.

happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:

1. While happy's original point is still incorrect, I do agree with the assessment of him. This is his town play, useless "supportive" posts and all.

2. I explained the read for Seth here and here, and Bong here.

@1. That wasn't a supportive post, I wasn't supporting him. I was expressing my excitement in his disputation ability.

@2. I already mentioned that those were bs, because scum can also make mistakes and be corrected after the fact in QT.

1. YOU'RE CHERRY PICKING!

2. I think you misread, Nacho asked for my explanations.