By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Final-Fan said:

17.  (@nacho)  That is terrible logic.  Expecting to lose a town on the first day lynch doesn't really make it less damaging.  Your statistics are interesting, but I'm not sure how relevant it is to a different community (different "meta" of playing) and more importantly a totally different setup (size etc.).  

I'm not sure what part of my reasoning you are referring to re: expecting to lose a town on the first day lynch (I agree with that sentence completely, for the record), but when no lynching is beneficial, it's usually when the setup is broken (able to be instantly won by town thanks to role combinations),  and we have no way of knowing that at the moment. 

spurgeonryan said:
Would a scum final fan get so upset and post like this? If he was scum he would just fake catch up like usual when he is scum and he would just brush off the "lurking" comments like he has hundreds of times.

It was an aggressive post, he made double sure to make people read it. If he was scum, I agree with you that he would just post an easy catchup post, stop lurking, and coast on people calling him town for posting a lot. This seemed more genuine and more of a defense of him being a perpetual lurker like people are framing him as.

HappyD pursuing Linkz over not being as aggressive as he normally is makes it unlikely that he is scum pushing a townLinkz. There's absolutely no reason for him to throw himself on Linkz's radar like this as scum. Also getting a town read on Linkz by this point; it started out strong from the prodding and holding back a bit as he got a baseline on some of the new players, but his response to happyd seems pretty town, especially since he's combing through the thread and picking up on other things while refuting happyd's arguments.

Linkzmax said:
Cool. Seth is probably town. Bong is likely scum. Reads are unrelated, just wanted to hear Bong's answer before I gave the read of Seth.

Could you explain these reads?

benao87 said:
...but even as a joke, rol's point stands true...

What does this mean?

spurgeonryan said:
Happy dolphin. These facts that you seem to know. Linkz is scum with Seth, da bong is town. Where are you getting these 100 percent reads?

You are "laughable " if you are town. But these type of thigns do not happen often. Besides last game when Prof was trying to prove a retarded point and gave the game away.

You are scum.

I feel like happyd is more likely to get paranoid about things when town, and I think the latest Linkz push is a case of paranoia. Do you disagree with either of these things?

supermario128 said:

scum list: 
Spurge, Nen, Hatmoza, SethNintendo, Noctis

town list: 
Mario, Stefl, Linkz, Zero, Rol, Bong Lover, Radish, FF, Yoshiya

not sure:
Nacho, MT Zehover, Benao, Astrogamer, Thanatos, HappD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just my general feeling so far. I didn't base this list on much, so it may change rather dramatically as time goes on. Don't feel too bad if you are town on my scum list. If you are scum on my town list let me know so I can fix that. Thanks.

What is your reasoning where you have it?

Bong Lover said:

If I have been playing so good then perhaps Rol is onto something with his frank assesment of the level of play in these games. Or, perhaps these various attempts to toot my horn is ment to inflate my ego and encourage me to keep slipping in my own theories?

Becoming more cautious when people start calling you town is a strong town indication, and hard to fake as scum. Initial reaction when you're called town as scum is something along the lines of "gotcha ;)", whereas as town being called town doesn't really help you much.

nen-suer said:
Last few pages I give :
Town points for Mario, Linkz, HappyD and Rol
Scum points to spurg, Zero and FF.

Reasoning, reasoning, reasoning. Also, you state reading Linkz is all about first impressions, you say Linkz is getting early town points from you... why isn't he a townread?

nen-suer said:
No you won't you'll probably hope we'll forget about it later on, but I'll have to force you to make one

The case comes before the vote. If you dony have one yet wait until you do next time.

And don't repeating what Hat said next time, that how I always play and it didnt seem to think this way before.

Plus you're always online so I expect you post ALOT that plus we all know you lurk when your scum :P

Scum points for you for being super defensive about my remark , parroting Hat and voting moi.

Well this is a scummy response to a vote. "You have to make a case before you vote me" feels like scum trying to throw suspicion on Stefl with technicalities, and I really, really don't like how he tries to paint Stefl as the defensive one and somehow parroting Hat, which feels like scummy case padding.  

spurgeonryan said:
So... yoshia votes out of the blue for me and this is normal? No reason? Oooh! Let me read on!

Yoshiya had a reason.

Around the Network

Vote: nen

I don't like his response to Stefl's vote, and I don't like his list that he gave after mario gave his. It looks like he saw town doing something and tried to mimic it. I don't think it's coming from a town mindset because he gave Linkz early townpoints for his posts, then went on to talk about how reading Linkz was based on first impressions but he was unsure of him at the moment. It was nen-scum keeping his options open, and I don't like that.

Spurge doesn't feel like his usual self, so I see where the votes on him are coming from. However, I pulled that card too early in round 52, and I'm not really overly excited to go stumbling into making an old mistake again.

nevermind spurge is town

radishhead said:

What do you think of nen and spurge?

spurgeonryan said:
By the way. Whenever Rol asks for policy this or policy that.....what is he everyone?

Also where is happyd? He argues with linkz because that is natural. I ha e never agreed with happyd on the chartz and the same goes here from what I have seen. Finish my thought because I am watching new tom and Jerry and now Johnny test.

See! There is my thought, want me to continue posting un thought out Shit everyone?

HUG! You need a big juicy hug!

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
Linkzmax said:
Final-Fan said:
spurgeonryan said:
I do no know roles well enough. Can he be JOAT and us have a miller? Why would Joat have a miller in it?

But if that is something that can happen, then stefl is lying. Or it was one hell of a claim by FF.

Oh wow, thank you Rol for causing this to happen.  Everybody look at this please, and know it is in response to this and this (#10). 

Yeah... so what do you make of this in respone to this?(apologies if I fuxed up the linkz)

That was IMO a more ordinary level of spurge weirdness.  Although it was possible (now extremely likely) that he just wasn't really paying much attention, at the time it was also possible he simply assumed mario was leading up to an actual counterclaim. 

I guess SM128 deserves a bit of town credit for his own contribution though, which I wasn't taking into account when I FOSed him along with nen and seth. 

spurge has a broken sarcasm meter. He still does not realize you weren't actually claiming miller or any of those powers.(spurge that answers your question as well)

happydolphin said:

Tunnel moar. Or if you'd prefer constructive criticism, don't mold every single event around one thought.

Linkzmax said:
happydolphin said:

Tunnel moar. Or if you'd prefer constructive criticism, don't mold every single event around one thought.

Okay.

spurgeonryan said:
Ok. Yeah and so do you guys.

I read no sarcasm in his post. You post something and I believed it. Where was their sarcasm? Also what does it tell you about Rol? If he was pushing a lynch because of it?

It was sarcastic because I'm pretty sure it's impossible for him to be all those roles, even as JoaT, it was an exaggeration. I didn't take it at face value personally, just sayin'.

nen-suer said:
Final-Fan said:
Also, I believe seth when he says he was not a player in any previous game. I might be misremembering but I have a definite memory of him in VGC Mafia, so I'll believe that he was checking in to see what crazy thread game we were doing. Therefore, I'll

Vote nen-suer.

You're voting me becouse seth is new ? I've seen stupid reasons for votes before,  but thats......I dont know what do say!

My bad about zero/Linkz, but it's you who apparently isn't paying attention. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!