By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

@Final Fan - Yes, this is my first game (I don't even know what FoS means) . Perhaps, I might have commented in a previous Mafia game wondering what the heck was going on in the thread. I don't really have much to read on you right now. I did act a little hasty jumping on the bandwagon to lynch you. I have my eyes on you though especially after calling out my terrible Mafia skills!

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:
happydolphin said:
Back to FF, in game 50 (the game where I suspected Linkz since day 1), FF was lurking pretty much the whole game, and he was scum. Just to give you an idea.

I don't think you even know what point you're trying to make anymore. Seriously, what point do you think you are making in regards to me in comparison to Round 50?  Also you must love having me prove you wrong, as I will do once you answer this question.

And as for FF he lurks just as heavily as town. See every round in which he's been town. Hence Rol's push for his lynch right from the get go.

@bold. So you're saying Rol most likely wants to lynch a townie?

Yeah, I have a love-hate relationship with your desire for dominance :P If you can't see the point I'm not sure how I'm the one who needs explaining. My point was that going for a policy lynch on FF is hit or miss, and has no bearing on his alignment (which Bong had reasonably misunderstood due to thinking PMs were allowed, which they are not. I can't blame him for not understanding that rather it's a town tell to me.)

Rol is pushing the lynch of "deadweight" even if FF is more likely to be town than not. You tried to assert FF's inactivity as a scum tell when it isn't.(And yes FF, the absolute statement of "every" is harsh, but you haven't played to what I think is your potential in quite a while)

@Underlined. This is why I berate you. I ask for you to clarify what you are saying about ME and you give an explanation about FF.
An explanation that in no way is expressed in your original post by the way, since it indicates lynching FF would be a hit with no caution about how it could not be true this time around.

nen-suer said:
zero129 said:

5. Nen going after new players with a weak question of "Can you day talk" was also a bit strange of a question to ask imo.

Nen did what now? No Nen did no such thing (maybe you meant hat).

You are correct. It was actually Noctis: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5192014

Stefl1504 said:
happydolphin said:

I'm not feeling sethnintendo. He's just way too non-committal. I'm getting no town reads from him at all and he hasn't posted anything of value or deductive reasoning, in contrast with the other newer players.

This post worries me a bit:

sethnintendo said:
So are we going to lynch FF?

Asking others if voting for a player is okay takes away responsibility from a vote. I don't mean to pick on the new guy, but there are other new players and I'm comparing them an I'm getting scum vibes from seth.

vote: SethNintendo.

I concur, but you are forgetting Astro Gamer, who also hasn't contributed yet.

Don't forget the lone post of MTZehvor's: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5190553

zero129 said:
Linkzmax said:

1. Perhaps it was unintentional on hat's part, but it's pretty clear you have no idea what I was refering to when I said "I see what you did there."
2. This is worded poorly. Are you saying Yoshiya is acting strangely, thus is probably scum?
3. Mario didn't try to counter claim, but why is it odd?
4. Why is it odd that Stefl claimed Miller so fast? What if Mario is killed instead of lynched, or Nacho/FF claim Miller?
5. Why do you consider that strange and not hat's question towards newbs?

2. No i mean Yoshya is acting his normal self when he plays as scum imo.

3. Well him saying "what would you do if i claimed miller" to stefl is imo as good as him testing the waters for a counter claim or for him trying to see how many people would go along with the 2 miller thing so if he did decide to claim to also be miller .

4. Its just a bit odd anyone would say what Role they are, but then in case of stefl i can understand him wanting to get it out of the way so fast. And if anyone else was to claim miller i would be looking into both cases but i wouldnt really be able to pick what one would be real unless one was lynched .

5. Cos hatz question was really a trick question that newbs could fall for. Nen asking a new player "Can you day talk" is a bit weak imo as clearly the newb will prop say "yeah" since if the new player is town he can day talk as we are doing it right now in this thread!.

Nen would then imo try to use that as an excuse to tunnel the new player by trying to say he made a slip and has admited to being able to day talk when really the new player most likely wouldnt of understood the questions meaning in the first place. But yeah it just stood out as a weak question and one that was being used prop just to seem active .

Why no response to 1?
Though you confused Nen with Noctis, good points with 3 and 5. It's what I expect of you after last round.

Around the Network
Bong Lover said:

nen-suer said:

1- So is this your first mafia game ever or your first mafia game on VGC?

1. This is my first mafie game ever and my first mafia game on VGC

Would I be correct in assuming you've followed(read as they occured) some games here though?

Linkzmax said:
happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:
happydolphin said:
Back to FF, in game 50 (the game where I suspected Linkz since day 1), FF was lurking pretty much the whole game, and he was scum. Just to give you an idea.

I don't think you even know what point you're trying to make anymore. Seriously, what point do you think you are making in regards to me in comparison to Round 50?  Also you must love having me prove you wrong, as I will do once you answer this question.

And as for FF he lurks just as heavily as town. See every round in which he's been town. Hence Rol's push for his lynch right from the get go.

@bold. So you're saying Rol most likely wants to lynch a townie?

Yeah, I have a love-hate relationship with your desire for dominance :P If you can't see the point I'm not sure how I'm the one who needs explaining. My point was that going for a policy lynch on FF is hit or miss, and has no bearing on his alignment (which Bong had reasonably misunderstood due to thinking PMs were allowed, which they are not. I can't blame him for not understanding that rather it's a town tell to me.)

Rol is pushing the lynch of "deadweight" even if FF is more likely to be town than not. You tried to assert FF's inactivity as a scum tell when it isn't.(And yes FF, the absolute statement of "every" is harsh, but you haven't played to what I think is your potential in quite a while)

@Underlined. This is why I berate you. I ask for you to clarify what you are saying about ME and you give an explanation about FF.
An explanation that in no way is expressed in your original post by the way, since it indicates lynching FF would be a hit with no caution about how it could not be true this time around.

I didn't try to assert FF's inactivity as a scum tell, on the contrary. It was a counterpoint to Bong Lover's understandable expectation that a lurker is townie because otherwise he would get harassed by his scummates. I was trying to show him the contrary and gave a counter-example where FF lurked and was scum.

I'm not sure why you're berating me when you're making flagrant mistakes too.

Putting the blame game aside, yeah I realize now I misread you. But in all fairness, I still don't understand what underlined relates to, so you'll have to be a tad clearer.

I don't want any replacements, because it will end Day for absolutely no good reason.

Okay, at underlined. The parenthesis was a jab at you, because you said I never doubted you early game that game. I went back to the thread and I don't have time to dig it up but I was suspicious of you early on, let's put this aside for now and I'll try to remember to get that for you later. Anyways for now it's your word against mine so feel free to also dig it up on your own time since you contradicted me, the onus after all is on you.

@happy:
Yes, now that I've read the non-cut post you were saying he could be any alignment.

I'm not talking about your play in that game. You mentioned as a side note that you suspected me from the beginning in that game. You earlier made a read on me based on a comparison to that round. What point do you think you are making?