By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Nachomamma8 said:
STOP VOTING NO LYNCH
WE ARE NOT NO LYNCHING IT IS A HORRIBLE THING

You seem very suspicious, it seems you want people to be lynched as fast as possible. Not very protown

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Nachomamma8 said:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13969

i feel i'm going to be posting this lynch a lot
if we lynch today, we have a non-zero chance of hitting scum
if we don't lynch today, we have a zero percent chance of being scum, and we lose a lot of information
how can scum be afraid if someone isn't going after them, trying to lynch them?
answer? they won't be. at all.
day 1 is hard, but it's a day where town can get a huge advantage early whereas a mislynch won't really hurt the town that much because it's sort of expected. but we can definitely lynch scum today. we've done it before, we can do it again. unless we no lynch.

This data was compiled by taking a look at the outcomes of newbie games. It's not really comparable to VGC Mafia, because we have yet to reach such a high standard for play.

Why does this matter? The principle for good moves and bad moves is still the same. Instead of letting mafia take a free shot at power roles/strong scumhunters, town tries to lynch scum. We gain information based on who is on the bandwagon and who is off the bandwagon. 

I'm not trolling - I genuinely believe that No Lynch is almost always the best option on Day 1.

FoS Nacho

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

RolStoppable said:

This data was compiled by taking a look at the outcomes of newbie games. It's not really comparable to VGC Mafia, because we have yet to reach such a high standard for play.

Took me a while to get this one :P

AstroGamer said:
Nachomamma8 said:
STOP VOTING NO LYNCH
WE ARE NOT NO LYNCHING IT IS A HORRIBLE THING

You seem very suspicious, it seems you want people to be lynched as fast as possible. Not very protown

Nah, he always plays like this, it's his policy. No lynch = evil.

I never really got it, but I at least get the reasons for it (not voting player is basically telling them you're unarmed and ready for slaughter).

Having said that, it's all a question of perspective. If we avoid a mislynch, we are armed with power. If it's used in a context where we did all we can and stil can't get a sure hit and abstain, that's power. If we're just being lazy and default to no lynch, then I fully agree with Nacho.

Around the Network

If we mislynch, we are still armed with power
if we lynch scum, they are armed with less power
magical, magical power

Nachomamma8 said:
magical, magical power

You're forgetting: if we lynch a town power role, we've got less power and the mafia have the same amount

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Essentially the way it works is that you state your position with your vote. The reason votes are useful is because they denote consensus. If enough players feel that one player is scummy, they peg that player and that leads to a lynch.

Bottom line, if you don't have any reads at any given moment, it probably means you have more work to do.
If you're just completely confused and a deadline is coming, feel free not to vote. Better not vote than make a bad move. Having said that, you can't be too picky on your vote either. If it's a bad vote, it'll fix itself (the player will explain). That's why it's best to vote not too early, but certainly not near a deadline.

My two cents.

radishhead said:
Nachomamma8 said:
magical, magical power

You're forgetting: if we lynch a town power role, we've got less power and the mafia have the same amount

and that's why we have people claim before we lynch them.

PLEASE READ THIS AND RESPOND IF I AM ASKING YOU SOMETHING.  I HAVE A LOT OF COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS HERE. 

(@Rol)  "Drunkvoting"?  Are you mixing me and someone else or just making shit up? 
2.  I don't feel DT's enjoyable use of flavor can be considered indication of alignment.  Same for Bong Lover. 
3.  I sympathize with people saying scum would be unlikely to come right out and claim miller at the start of Day 1, but you never know.  WIFOM 
4.  (@DT)  Aw, you're just sore.  (EBNR*:  later posts invalidate this remark) 
5.  Nen comes in and is incredibly defensive.  Scum points for nen and bonus points for the people suspecting him. 
6.  (@Nen)  So if you're scum 80% of the time, you'll agree that it's a smart move for a townie to lynch you Day 1? 
7.  (@Linkz)  I know you were joking, but you may recall nen (IIRC) had a habit of typing "am" to mean "I'm"; now he's apparently migrated to doing the opposite. 
8.  I did the links retroactively before here. 
9.  (@DT)  "booby role like Mason"?  What? 
10.  (@Rol)  I'm not only miller, but cop, mason, and doctor as well. 
11.  Bong is shaping up into quite the newbie MVP; we'll see whether it's as town or scum.  (EBNR:  People who are saying he would never be savvy enough as a noob to refer to the flavor as scum should consider the overall high quality of his play, regardless of being a first timer here.  NACHO) 
12.  benao is fine, I'm keeping my eye on him but he looks like at least a decent contributor.  Looks like a good game so far. 
13.  (@seth)  Really?  That's all you've got to say? 
14.  (@nen)  It was two posts, you idiot. 
15.  It may have actually been noctis.  I thought it was a weak question also, because "of course I can day talk, I'm doing it right now!" 
16.  (@zero)  I'm still confused.  Do you mean yoshiya is acting as he normally does when scum, or that when yoshiya is scum he acts normally (i.e. same as when town)? 
17.  (@nacho)  That is terrible logic.  Expecting to lose a town on the first day lynch doesn't really make it less damaging.  Your statistics are interesting, but I'm not sure how relevant it is to a different community (different "meta" of playing) and more importantly a totally different setup (size etc.). 

*EBNR:  edit but not really

FoS nen-suer, sm128, sethnintendo

I'd vote seth but he may fall under the noob protection clause.  But is this really his first game?  I thought he'd done one before. 
Anyway, nen would be my second choice.  Actually he's my best suspect, but if he survives and is town I think he's more likely to be an asset than seth is, no offense seth. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!