By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Stefl1504 said:
happydolphin said:

I'm not feeling sethnintendo. He's just way too non-committal. I'm getting no town reads from him at all and he hasn't posted anything of value or deductive reasoning, in contrast with the other newer players.

This post worries me a bit:

sethnintendo said:
So are we going to lynch FF?

Asking others if voting for a player is okay takes away responsibility from a vote. I don't mean to pick on the new guy, but there are other new players and I'm comparing them an I'm getting scum vibes from seth.

vote: SethNintendo.>

I concur, but you are forgetting Astro Gamer, who also hasn't contributed yet.

That's true, to be honest Seth's play is more of a scumtell than lurking for now, imho, but I won't say Atro's lurking is not going unnoticed.

Around the Network

^Check the post above yours Spurgey.

radishhead said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

@bold
Why because you are a scum?

I've always believed that long day 1s play into the hands of the Mafia because it allows them to collect lots of amunition to use against town on later days as well as generally stirring up confusion that can negatively impact the town for days to come. 

The game just started. You are giving me the impression that you want the day to end quickly. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
radishhead said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:

@bold
Why because you are a scum?

I've always believed that long day 1s play into the hands of the Mafia because it allows them to collect lots of amunition to use against town on later days as well as generally stirring up confusion that can negatively impact the town for days to come. 

The game just started. You are giving me the impression that you want the day to end quickly. 

I don't want the day to end for a few days yet, but I don't want this to last for another 2 weeks. Your twisting of these events to make it seem as if I've hammered timelimit already put you near the top of my suspcion list

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

I'd have to admit my play probably seems pretty suspicious for the vets. I should improve my mafia skills soon after I read up on this game. It seems pretty hard to figure out who everyone is and I don't really trust anyone. You guys seem like very good liars! I need to brush up on my detective skills.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
I'd have to admit my play probably seems pretty suspicious for the vets. I should improve my mafia skills soon after I read up on this game. It seems pretty hard to figure out who everyone is and I don't really trust anyone. You guys seem like very good liars! I need to brush up on my detective skills.

Just toss some opinions/questions into the room for now...

RolStoppable said:
Bong Lover said:
haha! awesome. so sethnintendo is very likely town then. I thought as much.

What exactly makes you think that sethnintendo is town?

Here's the solution to the Wii U problem:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=151767

If I recall he was confused by the missing Quick Topic thread, much like I was myself when the question came in but I didn't mention it in my reply. Of course, now that I've slept on it and thought about it a little more it's entirely possible that he's been coached by scum to say what he says? I don't remeber how long after the original question that he replied but I have a feeling there would be plenty of time for scum to interfere and give him an acceptable reply.

Looking at it now, he again posts something to reinforce how he doesn't understand the game and is very new, which does seem a little redundant. Could it be scum trying to paint a picture of him as lost and unskilled in the ways of the game? I guess anything is possible but I can't help shake the feeling that I am getting overly paranoid with that line of reasoning.

Stefl1504 said:
sethnintendo said:

Just toss some opinions/questions into the room for now...

Spurge might be scum because I just can't trust anything he says after he let man bear pig have control of his account.

Rol seems like a good guy and I don't think he is scum.

I'm a little suspicious of nen-suer but he might be a townie.

Radishhead is playing Mr. Innocent and that makes me a little suspicious.

HappyDOlphin looks like a well groomed detective and I don't think this guy can bring himself to tell a lie unless he truely believes it.  I think HappyD is probably a townie.

Hatmoza is possible scum because of his VGC reputation.

SuperMario seems like scum to me but I think I'm getting a misread on him.

Linkzmax said:
Welcome Nacho! I think you misunderstood Stefl. He was telling nen, who frowned upon Stefl claiming right away, that he'd still do it if he got the role again.
...and this takes care of my Stefl-paranoia for now.

AstroGamer said:
Hm.. I am just a generally quiet guy. I prefer observation over action especially if any action I make could be a stupid move.

Also if FF does not report in soon, I guess I'll vote to lynch him

Why?

Bong Lover said:
haha! awesome. so sethnintendo is very likely town then. I thought as much.
I think you and I are seeing different sethnintendos. Why is he town?

Seth, why do you think you are misreading mario?

nen-suer said:
Bong Lover said:

You are right, I've never played mafia with any of you before so I am left with having to go by pretty general observations. That said, this is what makes you so suspicious:

The early jump on Mario, wrapped in a joke but none the less, a rush to lynch none the less

The early joining in on the FF policy lynch

Other players have recommended to not live by, but not ignore your first impression either

And finally, you trying to downplay my experience, perhaps the stronges indication so far?

1- So is this your first mafia game ever or your first mafia game on VGC?

2- What do you mean ? What benefit would i gain as scum from rushly voting someone with no votes on him & without giving

any real reasons?

3- I stated my reasons for joining FF lynch I got a history. Let's just leave at that

4- ok?

5- But you admitted your new.....some I'm not downplaying your experience I'm just stating a fact.

Seems to me you're just listing everything I said and trying to justify your suspicion.

Be honest and just admit you don't like me casting suspicious on you (and Hat).

If it makes you feel better I'm less suspcious of you :)

1. This is my first mafie game ever and my first mafia game on VGC

2. Scum in general benefits from a rushed lynch I would think, anyhow, it is probably not good scum strategy to draw early attention as trigger happy, so that counts against you being scum

3. Sure, you're not the only one whos said the same things. Yet, early in on a potential lynch bandwagon is not promising

5. Yes, I am a new player, everyone knows it, and it is showing in my game. It's not a secret, but you used the fact to weaken my reasoning which is a suspicious move. My argument is my argument regardless of my experience, it's either weak or solid on it's own. Opening with something like "That's a noob if I ever saw one" is a blatant attempt to make your claims carry more weight by appealing to your own superior experience. To me it's a pretty strong scum tell.

Anyway, I'll be competely honest and say that I don't feel the least bit bad about the attempt at linking me and Haz and color us scum. It is however one more attempt to point the finger, another distraction if you will, perhaps a good thing for scum that as many as possible get the shadows of suspicion cast upon them?

I'll also be completely honest and admit that I am not any less supicious of you.