By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Mafia Round 54 - METROID

Linkzmax said:
sethnintendo said:
So are we going to lynch FF?

Better question, do you want to lynch FF?

Rol seems like a pro and was the first to call for his head.  I'd probably lynch almost anyone right now besides myself since this is my first Mafia game...  Looking forward to some action so...

I'm down for lynching FF.

Around the Network
hatmoza said:
Linkzmax said:
hatmoza said:
I have a question for the new players, and only the new players.

How do you feel about mafia games so far? Also are you confused between this thread and the Quick topic thread prof sent you in the PM? Because if you are, I can give you friendly beginner's advice on how they work.

I think they're lots of fun. I am confused now. I didn't get a quick topic thread, but I'll ask prof if I should have one. Finally, I see what you did there!

If you consider yourself new than I will acknowledge your response with full seriousness.

I certainly don't, though as fruitless as I thought your question would be, I was sure not to ruin it's potential. You can acknowledge my response with full seriousness if you'd like. I may choose to "dance" around any questions you have if I don't think the answers should be said though.

spurgeonryan said:
What makes you think about anything Stefl? Just a ping that I wanted to push out there since everyone was lurking.

So far you have not been very talkative since I brought it up. You basically have answered a question with two questions.

Thank God you are the Miller!

I am just curious why you wanted to divert attention back to that.

I already gave my personal opinion on what I think about it.

happydolphin said:
Linkzmax said:
happydolphin said:

As for Linkz, his pro-active participation doesn't remind me of a town Linkz, who is just much more aggressive. My memory of that is in my game with him and Miz, until the end I was sure he was scum. This game he's good, nice and fun, making jokes and trying to be inquisitive. I feel estranged by it. As much as I enjoy it it's a scum tell for me sadly (given his meta-game: the analysis of his playstyle).

Why are you comparing my day one Day One play here with the endgame play of Round 50?

Because even early game you were more aggressive. I like this you better but it's still a scum tell for me.

You are making this up to suit your case, because a) I am fairly certain you admitted to not paying much attention in the early game of that round(and I am going to fact check this) and 2) I was playing catch up most of Day One because of how quickly it exploded. There was no aggression until I was adamant that tabaha would not be lynched due to a BS claim by a stupid day-vig, which was quite a few days after it started.

@Seth
If this wasn't your first Mafia game, you would consider lynching yourself?

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
Thanks stefl. Nothing else was happening and I just did not want people to forget that it happened.

Hi happydolphin!

Well, but if you don't ask follow-up questions you will hardly spawn any discussion, thanking for others opinions will get you nowhere.

Linkzmax said:

You are making this up to suit your case, because a) I am fairly certain you admitted to not paying much attention in the early game of that round(and I am going to fact check this) and 2) I was playing catch up most of Day One because of how quickly it exploded. There was no aggression until I was adamant that tabaha would not be lynched due to a BS claim by a stupid day-vig, which was quite a few days after it started.

We'll have to meet in the middle because though I was active all game I missed day 2. That's it. I think I pegged you scum early on though (day 1) and it got worse on day 3.

I don't know why you think I'm making this up. They asked me my reads and I gave them. Now you're being critical again, which is a scum tell again (getting aggressive when pegged).

I'll retract that you said you weren't paying attention in the early game. As I said in that game, you simply weren't paying attention to the very things you said yourself. You did admit to not remembering things, so I'll take your misremembering the early part of the round as simply that.

Perhaps you accused me of being scum day 1 or 3,(but pegged is incorrect since I was town) but I know that you had called me town until I proposed the idea of you being Mafia Busdriver, where you did a 180.

zero129 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Zero! 5 initial thoughts you have about this first day of play so far!

5 ok lets see.

1. Linkz acting like he didnt know anything about Hatz PM trick to catch the newbs was a bit strange.

2. Yoshia lurking and then calling other people out saying they are lurking when he is playing the same as he always does as mafia, plus him being so quick to go along with the FF lynch but then none of that seems strange to me if he turns out to be mafia but its still actions that stood out.

3. Mario trying to counter claim stefls miller claim and then also looking to go with the FF lynch was odd to me.

4. Stefl claiming miller so fast in the first place was also a bit odd, but could also be in his best interest if he really is what he claims and i have no reason not to believe him unless mario got lynched and turned up miller.

5. Nen going after new players with a weak question of "Can you day talk" was also a bit strange of a question to ask imo.

Thats 5 things that stood out to me today.

1. Perhaps it was unintentional on hat's part, but it's pretty clear you have no idea what I was refering to when I said "I see what you did there."
2. This is worded poorly. Are you saying Yoshiya is acting strangely, thus is probably scum?
3. Mario didn't try to counter claim, but why is it odd?
4. Why is it odd that Stefl claimed Miller so fast? What if Mario is killed instead of lynched, or Nacho/FF claim Miller?
5. Why do you consider that strange and not hat's question towards newbs?

Vote: sethnintendo

Radish is a very strong townread of mine; a lot of his reasons for signing up for the game was proving Linkz wrong and showing that he can participate, and this play so far demonstrates that pretty well. He's also showing the paranoia that town-Radish often shows (last round, Halo), and it's nothing like the panicky scum-Radish in LyLo that we saw in round 50? I think?

I agree with hatmoza that Bong Lover is town for the "transmission received" comment. Sure, all role PMs probably had the same format, but I seriously doubt that a newbie would realize that, and I seriously doubt that his scumteam would coach him instantly into saying something like that. New scum players are usually slow to get started, lay low, that sort of thing.

Stefl's miller claim is fine I don't mind it at all, but the response to mario's fake miller claim feels a bit off. The whole "I would claim miller again and do the same thing!" sounded kind of weird, considering natural response to another miller claim should be "other miller claim is scum".

Mario seems pretty town for the fake miller claim, though. You can see his though process evolve with the "well, what if I claimed miller?" move which was enough to shake Stefl up a bit, and fake counterclaiming what is essentially worse than vanilla role is not really worth sticking your neck out as scum (because if you mess it up, you could get lynched and confirm the miller as town).

I haven't liked sethnintendo's play so far. Maybe it's just a slow start, but the whole "so, we're lynching FF? let's lynch FF!" mantra he's been posting seems like he's too overly focused on the lynch candidate and not really looking anywhere for scum by himself. Benao's been playing similarly, but I like that he isn't trying to jump on the FF wagon like Seth has been.