By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Half-Life 1 Remake Mod for Half-Life 2

You got my hopes up....I thought they had actually released Black Mesa Source. I wonder when we'll get a release date? (besides "when it's done")

Around the Network

Looks awesome, I have been on a mod dl spree lately. I got Pirates, Vikings, Knights and Battlegrounds II mods in the past few weeks. I was thinking about getting The Hidden. Man those screens look awesome.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Lol, you should call this the Black mesa Source thread.
Screenshots has been out since forever

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Kenoid said:
Lol, you should call this the Black mesa Source thread.
Screenshots has been out since forever

That thread is 2 years old....

AND IT STILL HASN'T BEEN RELEASED >:(

Yeah, i feel the same way too =(

Around the Network

nice job digging !!!

OT :
wait, hasnt there been a source version of half life 1 included in the orange box ? by valve itself ?? im pretty sure !
who knows more ?

btw. im coincidently just playing half life 2 for the first time, great great game, no FPS has reached its class since .

How can 720p be considered HD when it looks like ugly snow grains on my 22'' screen?

Hey, I also playing Half life 2, all episodes, and the story is amazing with the maps being extraordinarily designed.

I think the source version you are referring to is Half life source?

isn't half life source the same thing??

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280/

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Hephaestos said:
isn't half life source the same thing??

http://store.steampowered.com/app/280/

no. That's a port of half life.. This is a remake.. just look at those images compaired to mesas and you'll find out.

Check out my game about moles ^

Of course this is only for PC. It's an unofficial mod - entirely fan-developed. Valve has absolutely no connection to this at all.

Now, that's not to say Valve won't end up buying it off of them and releasing it, but it's definitely not anything being professionally released as of yet.

Anyways, it's been in development since the moment that Half-Life 2 released. If not for the fact that it's just using the same engine (though upgraded a couple times) that's been out SINCE '04, I'd expect it'll never release.

SW-5120-1900-6153