By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339
dahuman said:

And last night's online session ^_^b:

Watch live video from Totally Random on TwitchTV

Very nice, how do you upload these videos then? 

And I don't see any VGCers there...will you be jining the event tonight?

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

Anybody playing online now? Im ready to hunt!!!

I have a few questions. Does this game support cross play between Wii U and 3DS? What if you do split screen on the Wii U version?

TheKoreanGuy said:
I have a few questions. Does this game support cross play between Wii U and 3DS? What if you do split screen on the Wii U version?

you can use the 3ds to play cooperative play with wii u, and you can also trade files fromboth versions (needs an app off the eshop which comes tomorrow)

Sharu79, CET, Hammer/(will try hunting horn), seasoned, active. )))

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

I'm down.  I don't think I have you added on my 3DS or Wii U.  I only have the Wii U version.  Do you just have 3DS or both?

TheKoreanGuy said:

It does support cross play, but I don't think you can play multiplayer JUST on the Wii U, so you'd need the 3DS' to hook up with it to do so. In addition, you can play the game on the Wii U, then copy it across to the 3DS, where you'll have all of the same stuff as on the Wii U version, play for a few hours, then copy it back across and all of your progress will be on the Wii U version as well. A very clever mechanic.

Sharu said:
Sharu79, CET, Hammer/(will try hunting horn), seasoned, active. )))

Updated, thanks! Do you have the game then?

sethnintendo said:
tbone51 said:

I'm down.  I don't think I have you added on my 3DS or Wii U.  I only have the Wii U version.  Do you just have 3DS or both?

you kno i love nintendo! Both(got 2 cuz my bro needs the 3ds version). I'll be honest im new at this, i kno your good! I'll be good soon though! My Nintendo ID is Tbone51

tbone51 said:
sethnintendo said:
tbone51 said:

you kno i love nintendo! Both(got 2 cuz my bro needs the 3ds version). I'll be honest im new at this, i kno your good! I'll be good soon though! My Nintendo ID is Tbone51

Yea, well I still have leather gear and crappy weapon.  I can do some low level online quests though.  I'll add your I'd through Miiverse in a sec and you should get notfication or you can add me SethNES.  You going to host?  Not too sure how online works for this version.  I went to the cat and played with it for a sec but haven't played online yet.

Can we join online games like the 3DS from the friends list?  Or does the Wii U not support that yet?