By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

I picked up the 3DS version anyways so I can gather stuff when I have time lol..... seems like I'm just that addicted.....

Around the Network
dahuman said:
I picked up the 3DS version anyways so I can gather stuff when I have time lol..... seems like I'm just that addicted.....

You hooked already? MH can do that with you!

Also those videos were pretty good, glad you're enjoying it.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
dahuman said:

I usually rack up a good amount of time in MH games lol.

dahuman said:
Conegamer said:
dahuman said:

I usually rack up a good amount of time in MH games lol.

Half my damn time is spent mining ore, catching bugs, picking weeds and mushrooms.  Actually, that is pretty much what I do with my real life except the mining is mining for boogers.

3nix said:
I have to look more into the time zones so we can work together because those online hunts are already not easy. Hunting the qurupeco was not easy because it kept calling the rathian lol, but we killed it. I would highly recommend spending at least like 5 to 7 hours playing offline to get better equipment. Fought the royal Ludroth as well Mad55 attacks were bouncing off and normal Infinite S1 bullets weren't doing any justice :p. In the end Mad55 died (I think) and there was about 1 minute left AND I got teamed by little ludroths.

Sounds like a noob massacre...  Must get better equipment!

Around the Network

I just noticed... They give you all the base weapons at start. I don't think that was the case for the Wii version. Thank the gods! I can equip a switch axe already!

I remember it taking me awhile to get the switch axe in the first game. 

sethnintendo said:

I just noticed... They give you all the base weapons at start. I don't think that was the case for the Wii version. Thank the gods! I can equip a switch axe already!

lol how do you think I already was using it online on the first day on my live stream? :P

Luckyyyy, i envy you guys! Im waiting on my copies. Damn Estimate of Friday~Tuesday. Knowing my black/Irish luck it'll come to me Tuesday -_-

BTW Conegamer, this thread will get way over 200 pages! This and Fire Emblem FTW

dahuman said:
sethnintendo said:

lol how do you think I already was using it online on the first day on my live stream? :P

Starting to feel a little slow here....  I just talked to merchant and she explained the book of combos.  Apparently, I missed that explanation on the Wii version because I just bought the books and kept them in my stash and not on my character.  I thought it just added to my combo knowledge (know more recipes) not keep it on your character to increase combo rates in field...  Feel like such a noob right now.

sethnintendo said:
dahuman said:
sethnintendo said:

Starting to feel a little slow here....  I just talked to merchant and she explained the book of combos.  Apparently, I missed that explanation on the Wii version because I just bought the books and kept them in my stash and not on my character.  I thought it just added to my combo knowledge (know more recipes) not keep it on your character to increase combo rates in field...  Feel like such a noob right now.

awww :/ It's okay man, those were only useful for harder hunts where you made traps, mega pots, and bombs on the fly, or if you are a ranged attacker where you would make ammo on the fly. I wouldn't worry about it too much otherwise lol.

I'm really loving the Wii U gamepad intergration in this game though, you don't have to fill it up either, I just have like emotes, player call, combo menu, and ammo select menu on there, all the rest I'm still doing classic style since it's better to have those on the main screen hehe.