By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Thread! PLEASE Join the Hunt!

Will you be getting Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate?

Yes, for Wii U 158 45.66%

Yes, for 3DS 38 10.98%

Yes, for both 57 16.47%

No, but I'll pick it up ... 7 2.02%

No, I'm not interested 25 7.23%

No, I'm waiting for it t... 22 6.36%

See results 32 9.25%

Total:339

*peeks in*

I am interested in the 3DS version. I downloaded the demo on the eSHop and...I think I am doing it wrong. I ran around, killed some monsters and found the big guy was supposed to get for the mission. So I begin fighting. I wail away on this monster a good 15 minutes. I have no bar to show if I am actually hurting him. I gave up eventually (about 25-30 minutes) because had no idea how to kill it. Is there a trick I am missing? Always thought this series looked fun, but wanted to better understand it before buying an entry.

If there's a beginner's or novice guide be appreciated.

Around the Network
3nix said:

I will be on tonight for sure. Does anyone know if you can fight two monsters at the same time on MH? That would be awsome!

You can fight as many as surround you.  So if 3-4 Jaggi surround you and you are aiming right then you can at least hit 2-3 of them at the same time.  Later on in MH3 (Wii) you might have two major boss monsters in the same area on the map.  You gotta be careful when that happens.

Augen said:
*peeks in*

I am interested in the 3DS version. I downloaded the demo on the eSHop and...I think I am doing it wrong. I ran around, killed some monsters and found the big guy was supposed to get for the mission. So I begin fighting. I wail away on this monster a good 15 minutes. I have no bar to show if I am actually hurting him. I gave up eventually (about 25-30 minutes) because had no idea how to kill it. Is there a trick I am missing? Always thought this series looked fun, but wanted to better understand it before buying an entry.

No trick, there simply isn't any life bar or anything. Just keep on attacking to lower its health (go for the Ice-bunny thing) and eventually you should see it getting tired. It's ears will fall down and as such it will lose balance when it charges, for example. The most common sign of a monster being near-death is it limping, however. When that happens you're mere seconds away from victory!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

That's one of the fun things about the game. The enemy health bar is invisible. You just keep attacking it until it dies lol. There are also signs to let you know that its near death like limping.

sethnintendo said:
dahuman said:
decided to get from eshop anyways since i didn't want to wait lol. 6221mb download. and i also have need for speed queued up at 6123mb :)

I assume you are using an external hard drive?

of course :) and I also just confirmed that wifi just sucks. for testing sake, I started with wifi, and the time was 3 hour something, then changed back to usb ethernet and viola, 1hour25. they should have at least given us a 5ghz option, 2.4 just blows these days.

or let me hook up a ralink wireless adapter to it for 5ghz n at least, drivers pls nintendo!

Around the Network

I was lucky to get far enough on MH Tri to see two enemy bosses, but will there be any quest that let you take two on?  A Rathalos and a Rathian would be overkill.

3nix said:

I was lucky to get far enough on MH Tri to see two enemy bosses, but will there be any quest that let you take two on?  A Rathalos and a Rathian would be overkill.

oh yes, you will get combos like that even on very hard missions, they are fucking great fun.

I should have kept playing it lol. Using a bowgun I would probably run out of ammo, but that rarely happens. Fighting two bosses can really test your skill and have you sweating at the same time.

Conegamer said:
Augen said:
*peeks in*

No trick, there simply isn't any life bar or anything. Just keep on attacking to lower its health (go for the Ice-bunny thing) and eventually you should see it getting tired. It's ears will fall down and as such it will lose balance when it charges, for example. The most common sign of a monster being near-death is it limping, however. When that happens you're mere seconds away from victory!

Yeah, the ice bunny.  So, it is normal to take a half hour to kill him then?   Is this a game can play with others?  I think that would help me a lot.

Augen said:
Conegamer said:
Augen said:
*peeks in*

Yeah, the ice bunny.  So, it is normal to take a half hour to kill him then?   Is this a game can play with others?  I think that would help me a lot.

Oh yeah, half an hour is most regular, the key is to just keep going and you will see what difference you're making. And it is a game which can be played with others, and is best experienced when you do that. Sadly the 3DS version only has local play, so the online talk in this thread and the OP relates to the Wii U version only.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.