By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Nintendo DS: Can it hit 100m This year?!

By the end of this holiday season, do you think the DS can reach 100m? I would say it's certainly a possibility. Right now it's at 67m, and it shows no signs of slowing down. As of now, the handheld needs to move 33m more units by years end; that is an average of 750,000 systems sold per week, a feat that is certainty possible for the DS. New colors and possible price drops will certainty keep sales strongs. Furthermore, heavy-hitting games like Dragon Quest will also boost sales, and I expect that game specificly to give the DS an all-time high level of momentum for months. Consider this my prediction: By years end, the DS will have reached 100m.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!

Around the Network

not really sure but i am guessing around 80 something.

Proud owner of all three consoles and handhelds.

Gamertag: MrKetchup911 (Add me up)

I'd say 92 milly for DS.

These things are still selling like nothing we've seen b4..Oh, except the Wii

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

100 is a bit high i think

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Yes, but only if Nintendo ships 35 million +

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network

No way! although i love nintendo id say 2009 is the year

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

i would say 80m by september, 90-92m by end of year, depends on whether it can keep sustaining such high levels of sales.

I Think it'll reach the 90 million range by years end

95m by dec 31 probably march 09 for 100m

Doubt it, its only selling around 420k a week avg so far and while the holidays will raise that average a decent amount its not going to raise anywhere near 330k. Doing some quick math I would expect around the 92-95 range. Sales will pick up in the summer as usual slowly bringing that average up and my guess is it will end the year with around a 520k weekly average after X-mas etc.. is included.

Considering last year was 590k weekly average it sounds about right. Its not impossible for it to sell more this year than last but I find it unlikely at the moment. But of course time will ultimately tell...

To Each Man, Responsibility