By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What happened to the PS3 price drop?

I thought there was going to be a price drop for PS3 after the PS4 meeting.  Or that's what Pachter said......

My phat 60 gig is starting to struggle.  Need to upgrade.

Around the Network

That was just a rumor/hopeful hype.

Though even I expected it.

NNID: crazy_man

3DS FC: 3969 4633 0700 

My Pokemon Trading Shop (Hidden Power Breeding)

you know what they say about pachter and that the opposite is always the truth but i also expected a price drop.

That's what Patcher said. So it didn't happened. Pure logic.

BasilZero said:
Whatever Pachter says = The opposite happens.

You should of gotten the $199.99 Black Friday PS3 bundle that came with Infamous Trilogy and Uncharted Dual Pack.

Even if that was just Uncharted that's an amazing deal!

Around the Network

I haven't learned much in my short time following this industry, but I have learned that Pachter is so full of shit that he should open a manure factory. I can't believe people follow what he has to say. Ever.

they will keep up the price as long as they can as the PS3 is actually making some money right now - sales still look good, so I think they might keep the price until summer or even fall

savisn said:
I haven't learned much in my short time following this industry, but I have learned that Pachter is so full of shit that he should open a manure factory. I can't believe people follow what he has to say. Ever.

Dis guy gets it.

It would be more likely for Sony to drop the PS3 price closer to the launch of the PS4. Like September/October.

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Honestly, why would they? They continue to outsell the 360 on a weekly basis and, more importantly, they are making profit. Which is very badly needed. I expect a price cut within a week or 2 of the ps4 launching.