By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 top 100 million?

No will not happen

Around the Network
superchunk said:
I have no intention of reading the entire thread. So, to answer the OP.

No it will not come close to 100m. I am putting the PS3 at a high of 50m.

Just thought I would quote myself from JANUARY when this thread was actually made. Though, since then I might up my PS3 total to like 60m.

I think sony has lost a HUGE part of the market to nintendo.
That saying, if they keep up the currenc sales figures for 10 more years, maybe they have a chance. Question is, will they be able to do that? I'm leaning more towards a no than a yes on that one.

This is invisible text!

Yes the PS3 will reach 100 million during its lifetime due to a couple of reasons
1) While Nintendo Wii is selling incredibly well I have no doubt in my mind that a good portion of it is to new gamers and thus they have really expanded the video gaming market.
2) Sony wants it to be a ten year product i don't think it will be that hard to sell ten million units a year.

I predict that by the end of the generation there will be 190 Million Wiis, 110 Million PS3's and 80 Million 360's.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

royalcaribcruiser123 said:
Yes the PS3 will reach 100 million during its lifetime due to a couple of reasons
1) While Nintendo Wii is selling incredibly well I have no doubt in my mind that a good portion of it is to new gamers and thus they have really expanded the video gaming market.
2) Sony wants it to be a ten year product i don't think it will be that hard to sell ten million units a year.

I predict that by the end of the generation there will be 190 Million Wiis, 110 Million PS3's and 80 Million 360's.

wow i think you might be to high on all

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Brute said: wow i think you might be to high on all

I don't think the numbers are high at all considering how revolutionary the Wii has been. Each time a Video Game Console has been see has revolutionary the number of systems sold in that generation has increased. on a personal note I am from a particulary large family. most of my cousins have kids that are in elementary school now and their very first video game expereince has been on the Wii. Currently I would say that the breakdown in my family is 50% Wii, 30% PS3, and 20% 360.

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

brute said:

wow i think you might be to high on all
I think he might be high, period.

The ps3 still costs 400 bucks. If the ps3 cost 300 we wouldn't even be having this discussion because the wii fanboys would have something to do other than post biased crap on forums all day.

Do NOT click on this link.

DO Click on this link.

yes the ps3 will top 100mil, take a picture of this statement so i can refere to it when it does lol

I really don't think so. Considering the fact that Microsoft and Nintendo will already have their new consoles released no one will buy a PS3 because no developers will spend money making games for it due to its high costs unlike the PS2. And also SONY wont make the same mistake releasing a year after the 360. So even SONY developers wont make games for PS3 as they will be working on the PS4.