By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Will PS3 top 100 million?

@Avinash_Tyagi,

If its about price then why wouldn't they just get a Wii?
Which of these games coming to Wii?

PlayStation 3 Blu-Ray Games

Afrika - Rhino Studios
The Agency - Sony Online Entertainment
Big Time Revenge - Anygame Company
Bipedal Movement Simulation - Artdink
Brave Arms - Cellius
Buzz Quiz TV - Relentless Software
Chain Limit - Cellius
Coded Arms Assault - Konami
Digimon World Online - Namco Bandai
Disgaea 3 - Nippon Ichi
DC Universe - Sony Online Entertainment
Driver - Reflections Interactive
Eight Days - Sony Computer Entertainment London
Hot Shots Golf 5 - Clap Hanz/Sony Computer Entertainment International
Eyedentify - Sony Computer Entertainment Japan
Fifth Phantom Saga - Sonic Team Sega
Final Fantasy XIII - Square Enix (Maybe 2009)
Free Realms - Sony Online Entertainment
The Getaway 3 - Sony Computer Entertainment London
God of War 3 - Sony Computer Entertainment Santa Monica Studio (Maybe 2009)
Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Polyphony Digital Entertainment
Gran Turismo 5 - Polyphony Digital Entertainment
Haze - Free Radical Design
Heavy Rain - Quantic Dream
Infamous - Sucker Punch Studios
Killzone 2 - Guerilla Games
The Last Canyon (the Team Ico game supposed name)
LittleBigPlanet - Media Molecule
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots - Kojima Productions
MotorStorm 2 - Evolution studio
Naruto: PS3 project - CyberConnect2
Nobi Nobi Boy - Namco Bandai
Resistance: Fall of Man 2 - Insomniac
Second Season 01 - Cellius
Singstar - Sony Computer Entertainment London
Socom: Confrontation - Slant Six Games
Tekken 6 - Namco Bandai
Valkyrie The Battlefield - Sega
Wardevil (Maybe 09) - Digi-Guys
White Knight Story - Level5
Yakuza 3 - Sega

Echochrome
Wipeout HD
Dark Mist
More Eyetoy Games
Ace Combat 6
Beautiful Katamari
Devil may Cry 4
Dynasty Warriors 6
Eternal Sonata
Grand Theft Auto 4
Silent Hill V
The Last Remnant
Lost Planet
Resident Evil 5

@Gnizmo,

Really? So We have Smash Brothers Brawl, Mario Party 9, Mario Kart, Zelda Wii, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Tales of Symphonia: Knights of the something, Wii Fit, Wii Music, Okami, Monster Hunter 3 and Baroque in addition to other unnannounced games and all of that is 2 games. Gotcha.
Oh, with NOT Big BRAND games, PS3 will have over 40-50 GREAT games.
Xbox 360 exclusives can still have the same effect as a PS3 or Wii exclusive.
Which??? Most of x360 games come to PC. Others are inferior to PS3 games. About most wii games care Nintendo fanboys only, ot around 25 mln. prvious GC users, while behind PS3 are 120 mln. PS2 users.
They sell it to retailers for around $350 I would guess,
It`s your OPINION, this doesn`t convince me. Only FACTS work on me.

If Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time, and Mario 64 couldn't save a system I don't know what can.
Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Metal gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII, Gran Turismo, Tekken3, Vagrant Story, Xenogears, Grandia and etc.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

Ah but if they really wanted those games they would buy the system, if its about money on the other hand then they are likely to just get a Wii rather than wait for a price drop i nthe future

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

I love you CrazzyMan.

MGS4 ,LBP,KZ2, GT5, FF13, WKS. R2, MS2, GOW3

Huge game lists.

Endless 2001 mln PS.2 AMAZING mln PS2 1st year. 17 mln. 1st 7 years mln. sales 1st year 2nd. SAME mlncompare launch. they want . 3dyear mln AMAZING games. mln 18. moron. 2002 mln. 120 mln WANT HD 2nd year compare mln. HD GAMES mln. PS3 mln. 2nd year1st 7 years mln.18mln sales 1st year 2nd.

And your ban was funny, the way you came back so soon.

@Avinash_Tyagi,

Ah but if they really wanted those games they would buy the system,
We back to the beginning.
Why is that bad/wrong to wait 299$ PRICE And then BUY???
on the other hand then they are likely to just get a Wii rather than wait for a price drop i nthe future
Which of these^ games coming to Wii?

p.s. likely = opinion.

@Slimebeast, edit your signature in NOTEPAD. Gaps between ps3/wii/x360 is not needed.
Wii - 18 million (actual sales: 19.1 mill)
X360 - 16 million (actual sales: 16.1 mill)
PS3 - 7.5 million (actual sales 8.8 mill)
like that.

And again, you are just Sony hater. You don`t love PS2 games, you won`t like PS3 either. So just begone from "Sony Discussion".

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I think if sony sticks to its 10 year plan,it will pass 100 million no doubt.

Around the Network

No body knows. The Ps2 started just like Ps3 and now see it. It's the best selling console on the world.

CrazzyMan said:
Ah but if they really wanted those games they would buy the system,
We back to the beginning.
Why is that bad/wrong to wait 299$ PRICE And then BUY???
on the other hand then they are likely to just get a Wii rather than wait for a price drop i nthe future
Which of these^ games coming to Wii?

p.s. likely = opinion.

But then we are back to the money, so those games aren't really important to them, price is more important than those games, so then they don't care if Wii dosn't have those games as long as it has other good games at a low price

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

CrazzyMan said:
I should not write it at all.

like this? y i agree

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

No.
For the hardcore market PS3 will not outsell 360 like PS2 did it with the original Xbox. PS3 will dominate Europe and Japan, but 360 will be strong in NA, maybe it will be a 60/40 advantage for Sonys PS3.
Most 3rd party party developers will go multi, they will not develop exclusive games for the PS3, look at AC, COD4, GTA4 etc.

For the casual market Sony has nothing to compete with Wii Sports, Wii Fit, M&S, MP8, SMG etc. Nintendo has better games and better controls for casual gamers. A 10 button joypad is a clear disadvantage, 399 EUR/$ too.

@Avinash_Tyagi,

But then we are back to the money, so those games aren't really important to them, price is more important than those games, so then they don't care if Wii dosn't have those games as long as it has other good games at a low price
You DON`T get it. Price AND games BOTH are important.
When BOTH options are at needed level, consumer buy a system.

@kirby007, what nintendo fanboy doing in this thread?

@dp666, 399$ price will be forever? ps3 won`t have games to compete with wii forever? OK.. Just because you said so. =) I remeber PSone and PS2 doing same. =]