By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - VGLeaks RUMOR: Durango CPU Overview

Proclus said:

I like how you keep passing of rumours and speculation off as facts, wait for the official announcement before you start pretending like you actually own a up to date Durango devkit.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it could be right, I'm saying you have no actual proof of the full and up to date Durango specs.

Yeah like I have no prof about the PS4 hardware too lol.

When Microsoft delay the Nextbox to 2014 we can start to discuss others specs but while that these specs will not change.

Around the Network

What about AMD's announcement of a tweeked jaguar at 1.8ghz? It was suggested to be used in next Gen consoles. I doubt they will stick with 1.6ghz

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:
What about AMD's announcement of a tweeked jaguar at 1.8ghz? It was suggested to be used in next Gen consoles. I doubt they will stick with 1.6ghz
Jaguar cores is suppose to go over 2Ghz... there are rumors about that in PS4 too... so I agree both will go with a little high clock CPUs.

PS. This change is possible because nothing in the design is changed... only a increase in clock speedy in the same CPU.

ethomaz said:
Proclus said:

I like how you keep passing of rumours and speculation off as facts, wait for the official announcement before you start pretending like you actually own a up to date Durango devkit.

I'm not saying you're wrong, it could be right, I'm saying you have no actual proof of the full and up to date Durango specs.

Yeah like I have no prof about the PS4 hardware too lol.

When Microsoft delay the Nextbox to 2014 we can start to discuss others specs but while that these specs will not change.

Again you're twisting facts with rumours, Sony has OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED their RAM and other aspects of their system.

Proclus said:

Again you're twisting facts with rumours, Sony has OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED their RAM and other aspects of their system.

So you understand the Nextbox specs will be CONFIRMED too.

Around the Network

Nothing new here and been in my thread for awhile. Also, should be noted this is same CPU architecture in the PS4.

Its really just the RAM and GPU where they differ. Kinda funny how they came to the same CPU base. Obviously neither company put much thought into the CPU beyond getting a good basic base to build everything else off of.

Proclus said:

Considering the PS4s only different between its rumors and the real deal were a change from 4GB to 8GB of ram and that this change was even new to developers.... I'd say the specs we have for nXBox are accurate unless MS delays the entire console. I also argue that it won't matter as they are both close enough that no one should care as we won't see any major differences in gaming.

http://cdn.arstechnica.net//wp-content/uploads/2012/06/xbox720specs.png
Here's a link to the specs that were on the 58 page document that MS had pulled from websites if anyone is interested. Funny they mention ddr4 as the memory in it plus other changes. Be interesting to see which one is closer to the final build

ethomaz said:
Proclus said:

So you understand the Nextbox specs will be CONFIRMED too.

*facepalm* Yes, they will be confirmed, when it's OFFICIALLY announced and the specs are OFFICIALLY shared.

ethomaz said:
Adinnieken said:

It's GDDR3 memory, and GDDR3 memory has less latency than GDDR5 memory.

I can have a 100Mbps uplink to the Internet, but if my latency is 500ms, a 10Mbps connection with 10ms latency will always be faster.  The higher latency of GDDR5 memory undoes the performance the higher bandwidth offers.  By using eSRAM with GDDR3 memory, Microsoft more than makes up for the lower bandwidth. 

It's DDR3... and GDDR3 have high latency than GDDR5.... what the internet uplink have to do with memory bandwidth?

GDDR3 has lower latency than GDDR5, but GDDR5 has 2x the bandwidth on the same BUS.

Bandwidth-wise, GDDR5 on 256bit BUS=GDDR3 on 512bit BUS, and this fact is in noway related to the PS4 or the Nextbox, it's simply to keep you informed and so that other people reading this would not be misinformed by the post that I'm replying to.

Just to be clear again, this post has nothing to do with what the Nextbox will actually be running. What Adin was trying to say is that it'd have a faster response time, but it will carry less data at one time "IF" the Nextbox's main memory is GDDR3, which I also doubt the Nextbox will have as well considering that DDR3 is maybe only 5% slower than GDDR3.