By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NintenDomination: Anybody That Wants To Play Together Online(3DS) in Either MK7 or Kid Icarus...

Which LOZ Title are You Purchasing This Year?

Wind Waker HD 130 48.51%

A Link Between Worlds 34 12.69%

Both Games 54 20.15%

I'll Be Purchasing One or Both Next Year 7 2.61%

None for Me 12 4.48%

Total:237
Kaizar said:
S.Peelman said:
You Double Dash!! voters are such hipsters .

Also, tbone, would you please change my US/EU predictions for Luigi to 256k and 209k respectively? Thanks. Wasn't too far off with my JP prediction, but seeing the pre-order charts, I'm thinking I'll be too low for the west.

Lastly, a track designer in MKU would be awesome. And a perfect fit for the GamePad; imagine you could more or less 'draw' the track on the touchscreen! And about the number of racers, I think 12 is a good number. If you really wanted to you could include an option for 8, 12 and 16 racers.

I'm the opposite have a hipster.

You clearly have never played Double Dash, or don't remember the experience.

As someone who has played every Mario Kart game, I can tell you that both Double Dash & 7 are the best Mario Kart games ever and way to easily at that. It isn't even a competition for crying out loud.

Heh.

I'm sorry to disappoint you that I voted for Mario Kart 64. I've played them all, a lot too and during the times that each of them were relevant. I remember the experience very clearly, whether it be Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 7. 64 is the best, because it has the best tracks and is balanced the best in my opinion. Double Dash!! comes after 64, Wii and 7. It's tracks are less memorable, some items don't work as good as in the other games, it's gameplay is slower and I never understood the need for two character's on a kart or why it's so cool. Also, even though I rarely play the mode, the Battle-mode in DD is notably inferior to the ones in the games I mentioned. I do like the concept of character specific items though, they should bring that back. And the All-Cup Tour.

But anyway, the game's still a lot of fun. As they all are and it's still better than Super MK and Super Circuit. Really, it's a difference in rating of a 9 or a 10; it's insignificant.

Lastly, you should've noticed the '' behind that sentence of mine.

Around the Network

Nintendo head-honcho (President and CEO), Satoru Iwata, recently reminded us of the upcoming April update for the Wii U which will shorten loading times on the system. He wrote the following on MiiVerse, just as a reconfirmation:

Hello, this is Satoru Iwata of Nintendo.

As we announced in the January Nintendo Direct, we plan to release two Wii U system updates. One in spring, and one in the summer.

Today, I would like to let you know the status of these two updates.

We are planning to release the spring system update in April, which will improve the time it takes to launch software, and the time it takes to return to the Wii U Menu.

We still have tests remaining, and it will take a little more time until we can release the update. But today, we have prepared a video so you can see how the loading time will change when returning to the Wii U Menu with the system update, so please take a look if you are interested.

In the future, we would like to share announcements about Nintendo Direct events here, so we appreciate your continued attention.

And lastly, like in other Announcement Communities, please understand that while we read every comment, we are not able to reply. Thank you.

What does seeing Iwata reconfirm the update mean to you?

MARCH 28TH, 2013

Sumo Digital has been hard at work to improve their masterpiece, Sonic & All-Stars Racing. Luckily for the development team, patching games on the Wii U is easier than ever before, and so they’ve given us this list of improvements for the game:

Networking

• Vehicle collisions in online races handle high latency much better.
  • X360 – Increased timeouts to allow for less network errors.
  • Rating reset issues should be resolved.
  • -100 Rating Penalty for players who quit races intentionally (even for router resets).
  • Starlight Carnival – Road shader adjusted to prevent ‘driving in the sky’ issue.
  • Super pick-ups in arenas should work in all cases now.
  • Rare issue leaving players unable to return to lobby addressed.

Difficulty

• Tuned the difficulty of Traffic Attack, Ring Race, and certain Race events in World Tour.
  • Corrected certain traffic attack gates not giving you extra time.
  • Made the ‘Skip event after 3 failed events?’ option appear on all difficulties.

Achievements

• Team Sonic – Made achievable in local gameplay so this is easier to get.
  • Yokozuna – No longer unlocks when you only beat Sunshine Tour Expert Ghost.
  • ‘Beat someone 500 points higher than you’ sticker no longer awarded unless criteria met.
  • ‘Meteor Strike’ No longer triggers incorrectly.

Misc

• Time Attack – Multiple exploit fixes.
  • Online play – Multiple exploit fixes.
  • Co-op swap weapon slot now allows you to swap if you already have a weapon.
  • Improved front end leaderboard caching.
  • In-games triggers now handle physics tunnelling better for very fast players.
  • incorrect HUD showing ‘Lap 2’ cases addressed.
  • Improved motion controls for Wii-U
  • Favourite character in license no longer incorrect.
  • Hot-Rod physics effect in Arena’s clamped.
  • Occasionally being able to drive through Swarm attacks corrected.

Audio

• Announcer should now say correct finishing position in high latency games
  • All-Star music volume level corrected
  • Reverb effects removed when audio disabled.

Anyway, yeah, just a couple more hours to go before I can go get my Luigi's Mansion's copy !

S.Peelman said:
Kaizar said:
S.Peelman said:

Also, tbone, would you please change my US/EU predictions for Luigi to 256k and 209k respectively? Thanks. Wasn't too far off with my JP prediction, but seeing the pre-order charts, I'm thinking I'll be too low for the west.

Lastly, a track designer in MKU would be awesome. And a perfect fit for the GamePad; imagine you could more or less 'draw' the track on the touchscreen! And about the number of racers, I think 12 is a good number. If you really wanted to you could include an option for 8, 12 and 16 racers.

As someone who has played every Mario Kart game, I can tell you that both Double Dash & 7 are the best Mario Kart games ever and way to easily at that. It isn't even a competition for crying out loud.

Heh.

I'm sorry to disappoint you that I voted for Mario Kart 64. I've played them all, a lot too and during the times that each of them were relevant. I remember the experience very clearly, whether it be Super Mario Kart or Mario Kart 7. 64 is the best, because it has the best tracks and is balanced the best in my opinion. Double Dash!! comes after 64, Wii and 7. It's tracks are less memorable, some items don't work as good as in the other games, it's gameplay is slower and I never understood the need for two character's on a kart or why it's so cool. Also, even though I rarely play the mode, the Battle-mode in DD is notably inferior to the ones in the games I mentioned. I do like the concept of character specific items though, they should bring that back. And the All-Cup Tour.

But anyway, the game's still a lot of fun. As they all are and it's still better than Super MK and Super Circuit. Really, it's a difference in rating of a 9 or a 10; it's insignificant.

Well, as long as both DD & 7 are on your top 3 LOL.

I hope we get all the other tracks come in 7 thru DLC. I would like to play Bowser Castle 3 & 4 from Super Circuits with 3D graphics in 3D, and there are lots of other retro tracks I want to play in 3D that I can't think of right now. But anyways I want all the old tracks via DLC in Mario Kart 7.

The Fire Emblem: Awakening polls that were done on Facebook are finally showing the results
Marth comes out on top at 1840 votes followed by Walhart at 1508 votes and Henry at 1482 votes.
Check out the rest at https://www.facebook.com/Nintendo3DS/app_162848913870953

My Hummingbird

3DS Friend Code: 047387541842

Around the Network
Kaizar said:
S.Peelman said:
Kaizar said:
S.Peelman said:

Heh.

Well, as long as both DD & 7 are on your top 3 LOL.

I hope we get all the other tracks come in 7 thru DLC. I would like to play Bowser Castle 3 & 4 from Super Circuits with 3D graphics in 3D, and there are lots of other retro tracks I want to play in 3D that I can't think of right now. But anyways I want all the old tracks via DLC in Mario Kart 7.

Yes, I'd like to see a lot of retro tracks as well. At least we can be sure we'll probably get at least 16 new ones in Mario Kart U. Personally I'm still waiting for Wario Stadium (N64) and Wario Colosseum (gotta give DD a win with that one) .

Is Suda 51 Teasing No More Heroes 3 Starring Shinobu?

Suda51 was waiting for the next Nintendo console to work with for No More Heroes 3 and confirmed Travis's story was done with NMH2 so it makes sense that Shinobu would stae as the main character for NMH3. We'll just have to wait and see.

gentii said:

Is Suda 51 Teasing No More Heroes 3 Starring Shinobu?

Suda51 was waiting for the next Nintendo console to work with for No More Heroes 3 and confirmed Travis's story was done with NMH2 so it makes sense that Shinobu would stae as the main character for NMH3. We'll just have to wait and see.

never got to play no more heroes but heard good things about it (have one friend who loves the franchise). Great find 1coin+

Yes! Mario Kart 7!

Where are the 2 people who voted for Super circuit lol