Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
ethomaz said:

nnodley said:

Saw this eariler.  If it turns out to be a really good wheel then I may get it sometime.

Seems like a great whell for $100... of couse if you want something more power you will need close to $500.

Yeah some of them are just awesome, but I don't play racers too often so $100 would be perfect.

Around the Network

No 'game over' in Beyond: Two Souls, but Jodi can die
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/22/no-game-over-in-beyond-two-souls-but-jodi-can-die/

There is no "game over" in Beyond: Two Souls – the screen never fades to black, there's no inspirational quote in sight, and, most importantly to creator David Cage, the story doesn't come to a complete stop.

"I've always felt that 'game over' is a state of failure more for the game designer than from the player," Cage told me at Gamescom. "It's like creating an artificial loop saying, 'You didn't play the game the way I wanted you to play, so now you're punished and you're going to come back and play it again until you do what I want you to do.' In an action game, I can get that – why not? It's all about skills. But in a story-driven experience it doesn't make any sense."

Instead, Cage said he focused on giving consequences to failures without hindering the narrative. In one scene, two police officers hunt down Jodi, the protagonist, on a moving passenger train. Jodi is able to circumvent the officers and run away, leading to an intense standoff on the roof of the speeding train. "Failing" this scene means the cops capture Jodi before she has a chance to bolt, and in the standard video game design scheme, this would mean cut, fade to black and try again. In Beyond, players are given an alternate story path, this time where Jodi is locked in a train car with the officers standing guard, and she has to escape.

Players who "fail" the train scene won't see the rooftop battle, but those who "beat" it won't experience the escape narrative. In at least one of these scenarios, a path can lead to Jodi's death. This raises a question that humankind has asked itself for eons: What happens when we die?

"It's a game about death, so you can imagine that death plays a role in all of this," Cage said. "Actually, it's one of the big discoveries – one of the big mysteries in the game is to discover what's on the other side. And it's definitely not a black screen."

Whatever happens after death, it probably won't come at an expected time, since Beyond's story is told out of order. The game covers 15 years of Jodi Holmes' life with the spiritual entity, Aiden, attached to her, and this ghostly peculiarity leads to a life trapped in high-tech science labs and thrown into violent situations. Aiden can impact the physical world with invisible force powers, and he is protective of Jodi as she grows from a young girl to a young woman. He thinks Jodi is "his thing," Cage said.

Telling this complex story out of order can appear counterintuitive to Cage's goal to make the story accessible to as many people as possible. For example, the Beyond Touch controller app is an effort to endear more casual players to Beyond. He wants players to understand the narrative and bond with Jodi, and thinks the best way to do that is to place the events of her life in non-chronological order, from the age of 8 to 23.

Hundreds of people have play-tested Beyond, and Cage said that in the beginning they're lost. But then it clicks:

"Slowly, the pieces of the puzzle come together, but it's not something that I told you. It's something that happens in the player's mind. He just connects the dots by himself. He sees the pieces of the puzzle coming together and he recreates the story by himself. I believe it's more powerful in many ways just because you're not passive in the storytelling; you're actually active in recreating the story."

Remember, no matter how active Beyond players will be, they'll never be able to add a "game over" sequence.

nnodley said:

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus gifs.  Got to say the game looks pretty amazing.  

Ratchet and Clank is back!!

ethomaz said:

The best GT news you only gets here.

I'm your man guys.

Yamauchi Confirms Gran Turismo 7 (GT7) For PS4 - Full Interview 

this is great news and im glad GT6 is not a lauch title for the PS4 unlike its rival

i found this video at gamersyde, http://www.gamersyde.com/news_gc_gt6_gameplay-14466_en.html

it looks a lot better than the E3 version so with high hopes the frame rates stays solid, all thats needed is to sort the jaggies and shadows out, there was no sound apart from chatter from people so i cant comment of the games sounds but just judging by the car models and general graphics its looking better than GT5.

i want PD to spend as much time as they can making GT7 as good as they can as i dont want to see a next gen title looking only slightly better than the gen its replacing, we saw that with PGR3 (it didn't look any better than the previous gen and im sorry but 2 years just isn't long enough to develop a new game on a next gen console especially if it has as much content as GT has, the thought rushed springs to mind), i just hope PD wont rush GT6/7, if it's not ready i dont mind waiting till it is.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

Around the Network

^ Gorgeous screens there mate. Damn ... definitely a day one. I need to catch up with the older games too. So many games, so little time (and money) lol

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:

Just out of curiosity, what combos you guys intend to use for next gen? Or are you going only with the PS4? I'm thinking PS4 + PC + Wii U and both handhelds. I'd like to see what other spaces we could link up on besides PS2 square.

PS4+PSV I know im a elitist

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Mmmfishtacos said:
Just watch the new trailer for Knack, They game look good, And could be fun for family's and any kid that see's it going to want it. I think it was a good move to include a game like this at launch.

I agree, the more zi see of Knack the more an think it'll be a proper title to add to the already strong launch lineup as opposed to just a shallow game which looked pretty, which Is what I felt initially. 

Guess we will have to see a little bit later to see if it's a game which fulfils on it's potential, though.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Weedlab said:

Just out of curiosity, what combos you guys intend to use for next gen? Or are you going only with the PS4? I'm thinking PS4 + PC + Wii U and both handhelds. I'd like to see what other spaces we could link up on besides PS2 square.

As I already have a Wii U, PSV and 3DS, and will be getting a PS4 ASAFP, along with my, now ageing PC, it looks like it's gonna be that. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

All sony studios working on the PS4 means Vita support is dead lol