Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

pezus said:

Euphoria14 is the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard!

Who should be the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard?

Euphoria14 24 48.98%

think-man 10 20.41%

thismeintiel 15 30.61%

Total: 49

Me and my men ride out to fight and die valiantly for our King and for the Great Playstation Nation.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
nnodley said:
Weedlab said:

Beat the trials on hard on my second try. Not hard at all actually. I died the first time because I got caught in Medusa's ray and it turned into a stone statue. Before I could shake it off I got a thunder bold in my arse lol But it was fun! It forces you to think and use Kratos' moves wisely. Most fun I've hard all year! Adam Sessler is a huge punk, especially since he played this game on normal and had to call people for help. I'm so pissed they're patching it. I hope they just put checkpoints between the trials instead of making them easier. :/ But it was truly amazing going from trial to trial with almost no health. You just have to use the strategies you picked up along the way with the different enemy types. Button mashers beware!

Your the second person on VGChartz to say it wasn't hard at all.  I'm getting the feeling that reviewers are just noobs and just mash one button the whole time.

only the first round is difficult,

1st round: 4 medusa's(or medusa like creatures) and 4 lightning witches(wriaths?)

2nd round 2 spearwomans and about 6-8 harpies with one lighning stone hammer-warriors

3rd round: one centurion and two sickle wraiths

though I must admit it was challenging, took me about 10 tries. the best thing to do is to use your amulet to slow eneimes down(should have it maxed for better effect) and the item that allows the shadow-like kratos  to fight along side you(again have that maxed out both are pretty cheap red-orbs wise) the rest is just dodging and blocking(or parrying if you feel confident enough) 

Edit: also for an added bonues I'd use the shield as your sub weapon

arcane_chaos said:
nnodley said:
Weedlab said:

Beat the trials on hard on my second try. Not hard at all actually. I died the first time because I got caught in Medusa's ray and it turned into a stone statue. Before I could shake it off I got a thunder bold in my arse lol But it was fun! It forces you to think and use Kratos' moves wisely. Most fun I've hard all year! Adam Sessler is a huge punk, especially since he played this game on normal and had to call people for help. I'm so pissed they're patching it. I hope they just put checkpoints between the trials instead of making them easier. :/ But it was truly amazing going from trial to trial with almost no health. You just have to use the strategies you picked up along the way with the different enemy types. Button mashers beware!

Your the second person on VGChartz to say it wasn't hard at all.  I'm getting the feeling that reviewers are just noobs and just mash one button the whole time.

only the first round is difficult,

1st round: 4 medusa's(or medusa like creatures) and 4 lightning witches(wriaths?)

2nd round 2 spearwomans and about 6-8 harpies with one lighning stone hammer-warriors

3rd round: one centurion and two sickle wraiths

though I must admit it was challenging, took me about 10 tries. the best thing to do is to use your amulet to slow eneimes down(should have it maxed for better effect) and the item that allows the shadow-like kratos  to fight along side you(again have that maxed out both are pretty cheap red-orbs wise) the rest is just dodging and blocking(or parrying if you feel confident enough) 

Edit: also for an added bonues I'd use the shield as your sub weapon

The first part sounds really annoying.  Definitely gonna use the items like you and aldro suggested.

nnodley said:
Weedlab said:

Yea it's not really hard if you're conscious of what you are doing. The first part is the hardest part. Those medusas are a pain! I don't know about the other guys, but the Hades elemental power was my best friend throughout the thing. I used the special (army of Hades I think) whenever I built up my rage meter and it worked wonders. During that part I played more defensive. A lot of keep away tactics but getting hits in here and there. I didn't use my magic right away. I saved them for when the medusas teamed up with the lightning sirens.

And as the others suggested use your special items strategically. For instance, the L2 Plus Square move that temporarily slows down enemies. I tend to use it when a bunch of them are concentrated in an area, that way they'll all get affected, and not just the primary target. You get some free hits in to build rage meter. I slowed them down in groups and threw shadow Kratos and the army of Hades behind them simultaneously.

After that the other trials are easy. Just don't take them lightly and you should be fine.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Oh and ... did anybody get wind of the theory about Joakim Mogren from Moby Dick Studious? People are saying it's Cliffy B. Any thoughts?

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Weedlab said:

Oh and ... did anybody get wind of the theory about Joakim Mogren from Moby Dick Studious? People are saying it's Cliffy B. Any thoughts?

That would be crazy if true.  Would be pretty hilarious too.

Weedlab said:
nnodley said:
Weedlab said:

Yea it's not really hard if you're conscious of what you are doing. The first part is the hardest part. Those medusas are a pain! I don't know about the other guys, but the Hades elemental power was my best friend throughout the thing. I used the special (army of Hades I think) whenever I built up my rage meter and it worked wonders. During that part I played more defensive. A lot of keep away tactics but getting hits in here and there. I didn't use my magic right away. I saved them for when the medusas teamed up with the lightning sirens.

And as the others suggested use your special items strategically. For instance, the L2 Plus Square move that temporarily slows down enemies. I tend to use it when a bunch of them are concentrated in an area, that way they'll all get affected, and not just the primary target. You get some free hits in to build rage meter. I slowed them down in groups and threw shadow Kratos and the army of Hades behind them simultaneously.

After that the other trials are easy. Just don't take them lightly and you should be fine.

I really hate the medusas and the lightning sirens in this game.  Everything else is pretty easy. That L2 triangle is a life saver sometimes.  

I have been playing about 4 or 5 hours today and I just got to the trial.  Once I saw it pop up I was like yep I'm quitting for a little bit then come back to it later.  Should be pretty easy really.  

Just found some details about The Last of Us that someone from TLOU forums found by going through the god of war ascension files of the last of us demo. Hoping they are true. It's got some things about multiplayer and supposedly had the cutscene names from the game but a mod took them out.

DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS. THESE THINGS MAY BE CONSIDERED SPOILERS FOR SOME AND NOT FOR OTHERS.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-General/New-Details-Found-in-GoW-Ascension-Demo-Countdown/m-p/39869501#U39869501

I thought you was asking for this thread to be locked? lol It has taken off well though and has good conversations in it though

Weedlab said:
nnodley said:
Weedlab sai

I'll post a pic of my collector's ed when I get it. Amazon messaged me a few hours ago. That sucker has been shipped!!!

Anyway ... more sales guys.

Ubisoft Sale (PS3, PSP and PSV)

Game Title                               Normal Price--Sale Price--Plus Price
* Shaun White Snowboarding (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway (PS3) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
* Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* CSI: Fatal Conspiracy (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Michael Jackson The Experience (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* The Adventures of TinTin: The Game (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.60
* Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
* Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Classic Trilogy HD (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
* Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Just Dance 3 (PS3) $39.99 $27.99 $19.59
* Rayman Origins (PS3) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Babel Rising (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* CellFactor: Psychokinetic Wars (PS3) $4.99 $3.49 $2.44
* Mad Riders (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* Prince of Persia Classic (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* Shoot Many Robots (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* Voodoo Dice (PS3) $4.99 $3.49 $2.44
* I Am Alive (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
* Outland (PS3) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* The Expendables 2 Videogame (PS3) $14.99 $10.49 $7.34
* Rayman Origins (Vita) $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
* Asphalt: Injection (Vita) $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
* Dungeon Hunter Alliance (Vita) $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
* Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita) $26.99 $18.89 $13.22
* Michael Jackson The Experience (Vita) $35.99 $25.19 $17.63
* Brothers in Arms D-Day (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* Michael Jackson The Experience (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Petz Dogz Family (PSP) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
* Petz Hamsterz Bunch (PSP) $29.99 $20.99 $14.69
* Prince of Persia Rival Swords (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Assassin’s Creed: Bloodlines (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Driver ’76 (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Tom Clancy’s EndWar (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 (PSP) $19.99 $13.99 $9.79
* Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Essentials (PSP) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* Call of Juarez Bound in Blood Old West Pack (Add-on) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89
* The Expendables 2 Videogame: All Characters Full Upgrade (Add-on) $2.99 $2.09 $1.46
* Shoot Many Robots 600,000 nuts (Add-on) $4.99 $3.49 $2.44
* Shoot Many Robots 1,500,000 nuts (Add-on) $9.99 $6.99 $4.89

http://www.psu.com/a018681/PlayStation-Plus-subscribers-get-free-game-discounts-tomorrow

I'll post pics of my collectors edition too.  Let's all post pics of our God of War cases tomorrow.

Have you played I Am Alive?  Thinking I might get it.  I played the demo before and seemed pretty good. 

Sweet! I'll post mine the day after. I'll be out of town tomorrow so I won't get to play it till the day after when I return home. I'll post the pic then.

I have not, but I heard good and bad things about it. I guess it's one of those games you have to play to find out. I bought so many games on PSN recently that I'm avoiding buying more for now. xD If you do buy it let me know how it goes. I might consider it later.

I just started I Am Alive so I'll let you know how it is.