Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

Adding to last night

Around the Network

Skyrim Defeats The Last of Us to Win in Amazon UK’s Game of the Generation Poll

August 5, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

The generation may not be over yet, with many games still set to come out for current generation consoles, but that didn’t stop Amazon UK from holding a poll to determine this generation’s greatest game. Between June 1st and August 4th, people voted on Amazon, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim defeating The Last of Us (which was released two weeks into the initial voting stage) to take home the crown.

Here’s a quick look at the winners and losers from the top 16:

Amazon also posted some fun facts about the poll:

• Released on December 2nd, 2005, Call of Duty 2 is the oldest title to receive a vote.
  • Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us each received more votes than all of the Xbox 360 exclusives combined.
  • Super Mario Galaxy was the most popular console exclusive, ahead of Uncharted 2.
  • Released in June, The Last of Us is not only the most recent game to receive a vote, but also the most popular game that isn’t part of a series.
  • With just one more vote, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood would’ve made the final 16 tournament.
  • The only western with a vote, Red Dead Redemption received more votes than beat ‘em ups, football games and Call of Duty titles combined.
  • Not living up to its name, Army of Two received just the one entry.
  • Games that started out as downloadables, such as Limbo, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Bastion, all received votes, but Journey was the closest to crack the final 16.
  • Votes also went for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Persona 4 Golden.

Personally, I think it’s a little premature to hold a vote for the greatest game this generation, but this is a good reminder of how many amazing games have been released on PS3/Xbox 360/Wii so far.

What is your greatest game this generation so far? Do you agree with the pick of Skyrim? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/05/skyrim-defeats-the-last-of-us-to-win-in-amazon-uks-game-of-the-generation-poll/

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

^ Link to thread for above article

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=165783

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Weedlab said:

Skyrim Defeats The Last of Us to Win in Amazon UK’s Game of the Generation Poll

August 5, 2013 Written by Jason Dunning

The generation may not be over yet, with many games still set to come out for current generation consoles, but that didn’t stop Amazon UK from holding a poll to determine this generation’s greatest game. Between June 1st and August 4th, people voted on Amazon, with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim defeating The Last of Us (which was released two weeks into the initial voting stage) to take home the crown.

Here’s a quick look at the winners and losers from the top 16:

Amazon also posted some fun facts about the poll:

• Released on December 2nd, 2005, Call of Duty 2 is the oldest title to receive a vote.
  • Uncharted 2 and The Last of Us each received more votes than all of the Xbox 360 exclusives combined.
  • Super Mario Galaxy was the most popular console exclusive, ahead of Uncharted 2.
  • Released in June, The Last of Us is not only the most recent game to receive a vote, but also the most popular game that isn’t part of a series.
  • With just one more vote, Assassin’s Creed: Brotherhood would’ve made the final 16 tournament.
  • The only western with a vote, Red Dead Redemption received more votes than beat ‘em ups, football games and Call of Duty titles combined.
  • Not living up to its name, Army of Two received just the one entry.
  • Games that started out as downloadables, such as Limbo, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon and Bastion, all received votes, but Journey was the closest to crack the final 16.
  • Votes also went for the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection and Persona 4 Golden.

Personally, I think it’s a little premature to hold a vote for the greatest game this generation, but this is a good reminder of how many amazing games have been released on PS3/Xbox 360/Wii so far.

What is your greatest game this generation so far? Do you agree with the pick of Skyrim? Let us know in the comments below.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/05/skyrim-defeats-the-last-of-us-to-win-in-amazon-uks-game-of-the-generation-poll/

Can't believe that the glitch fest that is Skyrim won....that is all bad smh. But a good article none the less.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/08/05/naughty-dog-ellies-popularity-in-the-last-of-us-says-a-lot-about-whether-games-can-sell-with-a-female-protagonist/

Naughty Dog: Ellie’s Popularity in The Last of Us “Says a lot About Whether Games can Sell With a Female Protagonist”
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=165789&page=1#2

Around the Network

Wow PS+ members are getting like one year old Tripple A games from the last year.

Xbox Live Gold members are getting Crackdown and German and Japapenese are getting Shadowrun XD not returns the FPS Shadowrun

AndrewWK said:
Wow PS+ members are getting like one year old Tripple A games from the last year.

Xbox Live Gold members are getting Crackdown and German and Japapenese are getting Shadowrun XD not returns the FPS Shadowrun

shadowrun wow i remember that game being really realy good, oh sorry i was thinking of a different game, bless em microsoft are trying just not hard enough, are the guys who decided on those games ex employees of British leyland who still have the same attitude "that'll do", if you pay for a service you expect quality in return which is exactly with you get with PS+.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
AndrewWK said:

shadowrun wow i remember that game being really realy good, oh sorry i was thinking of a different game, bless em microsoft are trying just not hard enough, are the guys who decided on those games ex employees of British leyland who still have the same attitude "that'll do", if you pay for a service you expect quality in return which is exactly with you get with PS+.

I mean I have gotten Crackdown because I have bought a new 360 and gotten 30day gold for free. And Crackdown is apparently an awesome game. But Shadowrun is a piece of shit and thats a really bad pick to throw at german gamers

AndrewWK said:
r3tr0gam3r1337 said:
AndrewWK said:

I mean I have gotten Crackdown because I have bought a new 360 and gotten 30day gold for free. And Crackdown is apparently an awesome game. But Shadowrun is a piece of shit and thats a really bad pick to throw at german gamers

there is one area on crackdown on a freeway which goes though a mountain tunnel, on one side of the road the traffic goes mad as it enters the tunnel, not sure if it still does unless they patched the game but i had tons of fun putting ramp trucks on the road so the cars would hit the truck and go flying all over the place, the thing's you do when your board eh.

Current PC build:

Asus Z97I-Plus, i5 4790K @ 4.6ghz, EVGA GTX 980 ACX 2.0 1377/1853/124%, Corsair Vengence Pro 2400mhz 2x 8192mb, Corsair RM850, Corsair H80i, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 750GB Seagate Momentus XT SSHD, 320GB Weston Digital HDD, Corsair 230T, Corsair K50 Raptor, HP XQ500AA mouse, Windows 10 Pro 64bit. iiyama Pro Lite G2773HS 120Hz 1Ms G2G gaming monitor.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=165795&page=1#