Total:583
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
ok, this thread got offtopic.
Anyways has anyone played heavy rain and what do you think of it? I'm thinking of picking it up now since I might trade in far cry 3.

Haha this thread gets off topic a lot.

I say buy it.  It has some problems, but overall the story and gameplay are pretty good.  The gameplay is all QTE's pretty much, but in my opinion it works very well. Some voice acting is odd, but its still good.  Easily a 9/10 for me and in my top 10 games of all time.

Ya I heard it was good and I can grab it for $20 at gs.

Yeah, easily a good price for the game.  There are also multiple endings to the game so it has high replayability.

Ya not sure if they will have the game new though. The directors cut includes the dlc taxedermist. That prob isn't really important anyways right?

Yeah, the dlc is not important to the story.  I'm not even sure I ever played the dlc.  I looked on Amazon and it's $20 there too. I usually stay away from used games from Gamestop because the last two I have had they haven't worked for me and I always end up not caring and buying it new off Amazon.

I rarely buy used in general when at stores. It just doesn't seem worth it. The price diff is minimal for new games at most and not to mention the games that have online passes. I believe no money goes to the actual creators either if you get it used. The only time I get it used is if it is a rather old game.

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
BloodyRain said:
ok, this thread got offtopic.
Anyways has anyone played heavy rain and what do you think of it? I'm thinking of picking it up now since I might trade in far cry 3.

Haha this thread gets off topic a lot.

I say buy it.  It has some problems, but overall the story and gameplay are pretty good.  The gameplay is all QTE's pretty much, but in my opinion it works very well. Some voice acting is odd, but its still good.  Easily a 9/10 for me and in my top 10 games of all time.

Ya I heard it was good and I can grab it for $20 at gs.

Yeah, easily a good price for the game.  There are also multiple endings to the game so it has high replayability.

Ya not sure if they will have the game new though. The directors cut includes the dlc taxedermist. That prob isn't really important anyways right?

Yeah, the dlc is not important to the story.  I'm not even sure I ever played the dlc.  I looked on Amazon and it's $20 there too. I usually stay away from used games from Gamestop because the last two I have had they haven't worked for me and I always end up not caring and buying it new off Amazon.

I rarely buy used in general when at stores. It just doesn't seem worth it. The price diff is minimal for new games at most and not to mention the games that have online passes. I believe no money goes to the actual creators either if you get it used. The only time I get it used is if it is a rather old game.

You are correct that no money goes to the developers when people buy used.  I just use amazon now, so they are all new that way. 

John Smedley kind of hinting at Planetside 2 for PS4?

pezus said:
Ucell said:
pezus said:
Ucell said:
pezus said:
Lol @ having lots of xbox friends and few PS friends. It's the complete opposite here. Finding an Xbox player is as hard as finding a needle in a haystack

Where do you live?

Iceland. A Sony stronghold

Nintendo probably have it worst here though.

All right...well Iceland has got permanent inhibitants? I didn't know. I guess living in a volcanic region is dangerous. Though no offence to you or your country.

Well I live in India where gaming is synonymous with PlayStation and PC.

Hehe, of course, but we are relatively few (~340k). There are large uninhabited areas in Iceland and there isn't much danger of volcanoes erupting near most places where people live. We occasionally get ash all over the place though (but it's no biggie), like back when "Eyjafjallajökull" was all over the world news, affecting flight plans all over Europe etc.

Yeah I remember that eruption, it was all over news channels here in India. Could you even see the sun at that time? Man do I want to see a volcano.

Great news for PS gamers today. I couldn't keep up with the constant hits. I will pick up GT5 in about a month or so and continue playing it from then till holidays. I'll get GT6 soon, but PS4 with sufficient software is my priority.

But damn look at those screens! I love seeing 'the real driving simulator' there

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network

Wow, the gap is so small. Don't care who made more money, but PS3 passing 360 is a somewhat big deal.

nnodley said:
Wow, the gap is so small. Don't care who made more money, but PS3 passing 360 is a somewhat big deal.

I want to see if the PS3 has the endurance to supplant the Wii and take the pole position. Looking at the Wii sales figures and the response the Wii mini got in various regions, I won't doubt the PS3 will at least reach close to it.

pezus said:
Weedlab said:
nnodley said:

I want to see if the PS3 has the endurance to supplant the Wii and take the pole position.

I think it can. Sony expect it at ~87m by April next year. Only just over 13m to go from there.

I believe so too. People didn't take well to the Wii mini, and Nintendo all but killed the support. There are MANY people who have yet to own a PS3 and won't be going to the PS4 right away. There is still much room for growth. I'd like to see what happens in emerging markets and markets that were previously blocked off.

pezus said:
We will be celebrating second place, here, in 2 weeks and first place in 3 years!

I can see the wave of Kaz GIFs now. xD Damn ... that might coincide with TLOU demo. Two reasons to be happy.

Weedlab said:
nnodley said:

I want to see if the PS3 has the endurance to supplant the Wii and take the pole position. Looking at the Wii sales figures and the response the Wii mini got in various regions, I won't doubt the PS3 will at least reach close to it.

Yeah, I think it will pass wii now.  I didn't think it would, but after seeing Sony say they expect 10million+ shipped for this fiscal year, I think it can now.  And like pezus said, 87million at end of march 2014 and then 6-7million(maybe 8 being optimistic) march 2015 and 3-5 million march 2016 and it should pass it.