Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
ethomaz said:
nnodley said:
I really am thinking about getting Unreal Engine 4! I need to learn how to use the free UDK that I have first though, before working/paying $20 a month to get UE4. Plus apparently you can pay the $20 for the first month and never pay again, you just won't get any updates to UE4 after that.

What is your goal?

Unity for example is easy and cheaper than UE4... there are more examples and comunnity/documentations too.

PS. CryEngine 3 is the worst in both cases... complex and almost no documentation/comunnity.

Well, I'm going to University for environment art so I want to mostly just learn how to take what I've modeled and place it into an engine, then texure it, and potentially be able to do some stuff with it to interact with it.   I do have Unity downloaded as well as UDK and CryEngine 3.  One of my classes in the fall is working in Unity so I will likely play around with it over the summer before going into the class.   The two higher level classes after that as of now will work with unreal engine 4 so that's really the main reason why I want it and to start using so I can actually have some experience in it to help in the class. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
gamestop are feeling upbeat about PS4 after destination playstation. maybe they have seen Joe's game?

Yup.

I'm single handily the reason PS4 is breaking sales records. You guys can thank me later.

nnodley said:

Well, I'm going to University for environment art so I want to mostly just learn how to take what I've modeled and place it into an engine, then texure it, and potentially be able to do some stuff with it to interact with it.   I do have Unity downloaded as well as UDK and CryEngine 3.  One of my classes in the fall is working in Unity so I will likely play around with it over the summer before going into the class.   The two higher level classes after that as of now will work with unreal engine 4 so that's really the main reason why I want it and to start using so I can actually have some experience in it to help in the class.

Cool... UE (at least the 3) was a really good engine to work with good documentantion and a big community... for study I think you won't go wrong.

Now for developer a indie game I think the Unity is a better choice

ethomaz said:

nnodley said:

Cool... UE (at least the 3) was a really good engine to work with good documentantion and a big community... for study I think you won't go wrong.

Now for developer a indie game I think the Unity is a better choice

Yeah I likely won't ever do an indie game as that will just take away too much of my time of really working on environment art and really becoming great at it.  Though, Unity I think will be a decent stepping stone into working with UE fully. 

JoeTheBro said:
bananaking21 said:
gamestop are feeling upbeat about PS4 after destination playstation. maybe they have seen Joe's game?

Yup.

I'm single handily the reason PS4 is breaking sales records. You guys can thank me later.

I already sent that prostitute Badgenome to your house as your reward.

Around the Network

Hey Aldro, everybody is worried. How's your cock?

gooch_destroyer said:

What happened to his cock?

gooch_destroyer said:

Its great!

XD

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

So, anyone beat Dark Souls 2 already? I wanna discuss the game with sb! :(