How does this make you feel?

Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

I think the reviewers should start getting a new measuring tool for open world games. They measure it up against uncharted which just isn't fair, or else they should downgrade uncharted for the missing open world.

Open world games are not about story or interesting sidequests(see minecraft). It's about roaming around and having fun with the sandbox the developer presents to you. It's about parkouring over rooftops for hours. Which is why GTA should get 0 points.

The difference between open world and any other game is that you can have fun even without a story or compelling characters holding your hand. This should be rewarded and not downgraded.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I feel like reviewers are so much more critical this gen. I feel like they are setting their expectations way too high.

Sure it is a new platform, but in the beginning don't expect anything to change in terms of gameplay, it's all going to be about graphics as developers try to show what these machines are capable of. Maybe in a couple years they will try some new things for gameplay, but to be honest I don't even care if inFAMOUS SS plays like inFAMOUS 2...I platinumed inFAMOUS 2 because it was awesome!

EB1994 said:
I feel like reviewers are so much more critical this gen. I feel like they are setting their expectations way too high.

Sure it is a new platform, but in the beginning don't expect anything to change in terms of gameplay, it's all going to be about graphics as developers try to show what these machines are capable of. Maybe in a couple years they will try some new things for gameplay, but to be honest I don't even care if inFAMOUS SS plays like inFAMOUS 2...I platinumed inFAMOUS 2 because it was awesome!

That's actually a pro in my book. Setting higher standards would be good, last gen games had totally inflated scores imo. Reviewers just need to be consistent and stick to this harsher ratings. I would be really glad.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

TheGoldenBoy said:

Already got it for the Vita.

ktay95 said:

Already have it on Vita and PS3 =D

It is my fave game after all.

hmm maybe i will also get it for vita then...gotta increase my vita account trophy level :P

Raven722 said:
nnodley said:
Raven722 said:
Typically the metacritic average of the game doesn't move much once it hits 30 reviews. It may go up or down a few points. If the reviews don't start looking better I might cancel my pre-order. I really don't want to spend another $60 on a game that's just 'good'. I have better uses for that money right now.

Uhh!!  Practically every "consumer" that got the game early has given the game huge praise.  Awesome powers, better story than the first two, amazing graphics, fluid gameplay, fun traversal.  Only negative I've heard from actual consumers not being paid(:-p) is that the side missions are not any better than the first two.  If you still are on the fence come tomorrow, then wait till we here in the nation thread give our impressions as atleast I will give my complete honest opinion.  

Sorry man but I already got burned on Killzone and I've seen enough through livestreams to have formed my opinion, as much as one can without actually playing, that the game is good but it feels like something is missing that the previous games had. I really don't want to spend another $60 on a game that I play for awhile and then don't touch. I already have AC4 that I haven't finished and BF4 has been calling my name lately. I might still pick it up but I'm leaning towards no on this one.

Then get ur ass on!   Me and taco play a few times a week. were playing right now!

I am Torgo, I take care of the place while the master is away.

"Hes the clown that makes the dark side fun.. Torgo!"

Ha.. i won my bet, but i wasnt around to gloat because im on a better forum!  See ya guys on Viz

Around the Network
deadly2choke said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Already got it for the Vita.

ktay95 said:

Already have it on Vita and PS3 =D

It is my fave game after all.

hmm maybe i will also get it for vita then...gotta increase my vita account trophy level :P

Final Fantasy? I got it for PS3.

BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:
Welp PS4 is not so DOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED anymore! It's #4 on amazon. So it's just DOOOOOOOMED now!!

lol #4, quite fitting. As expected of a console with a second rate gme like infamous ss!

LOLZ!!  Don't forget the ps4 wobbles too!

Just saw the full game on the store via my phone in web browser! But alas no download to console option about to check the store on my ps4...

edit

yupp its there, but no download option :/ Infamous second son limited edition

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

like my new sig?

CPU: Ryzen 9950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
deskpro2k3 said:
like my new sig?

I have sigs blocked... :p

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date