Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
nnodley said:
So the day one infamous patch includes more NPC's?!?!

And the Cole's Legacy missions, and the episodic content for the InFamous Paper Trail viral campaign.

Around the Network

inFamous: Second Son News for PS4

Platform: PS4Check Price

InFamous: Second Son's day one patch adds 19 new missions, 5 hours of additional gameplay

19 episodic bonus missions included in free InFamous Paper Trail content.

By David Scammell (@VG_DaveOn 20th Mar, 2014 at 2:00pm

InFamous: Second Son's day one title update will introduce a series of new episodic story missions that amount to around 5 hours worth of additional gameplay, Sucker Punch has revealed.

The content forms part of a new 'Paper Trail' storyline, a side-story described by the developer as an "innovative online and in-game story arc" that sees players attempting to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.'s occupation of Seattle through a series of 19 new missions and corresponding "web-based investigations".

Players will be given access to new content each week for six weeks, delivered directly via the game and, Sucker Punch suggests,enjoyyourpower.com. The content is said to have been co-developed by Sucker Punch and ARG company 42 Entertainment, and provides additional gameplay and backstory on the world of Second Son.

On top of Paper Trail, the 300mb update also includes the Cole's Legacy Content Pack available for free to pre-order customers, as well as a variety of tweaks and improvements, including tweaks made to the difficulty, increased pedestrian and traffic density, and graphical improvements.

InFamous: Second Son lands exclusively on PlayStation 4 tomorrow, March 21. To find out what we thought of it, head through to our review.

Full 1.01 Patch Notes:

Cole's Legacy Content Pack
FREE with pre-order
Explore the events immediately following inFAMOUS 2
Work with an investigative reporter to understand the source of conduit powers
4 story missions, approximately 1 hour of gameplay

inFAMOUS Paper Trail Storyline
FREE bonus missions and exclusive web content
Innovative online and in-game story arc co-developed by Sucker Punch and 42 Entertainment
Manga and murder, follow the trail of origami doves to discover the full story behind the D.U.P.'s occupation of Seattle.
19 story missions and corresponding web-based investigations, approximately 5 hours of unique gameplay.

Difficulty Balance
Normal difficulty has been slightly increased to challenge the player’s mastery of their powers
Expert difficulty has been fine-tuned to ensure it is the best experience for skilled gamers
Karma progression extended to support longer playtime

Boss Fights
The boss fights have been re-tuned for difficulty and fun
More dynamic boss behaviors and attacks

Pedestrians and DUPs
Engine performance tweaks to allow for more life and activity in the city
Increased pedestrian and traffic density and variety
Increased pedestrian-related karmic opportunities
Post-story enemy activity and D.U.P. raids

Technical Improvements
Graphics and performance improvements
Fixes for a small number of infrequent blocking bugs
PSN integration to support Paper Trail DLC

Source: InFamous Second Son Review Support Documents

New stuff to check out

Comments

To add your comment, please login or register

^Really cool additions and fixes in a day one patch. And considering the game is playable without the patch is even more amazing. Not many games nowadays are playable until a patch is out to fix gameplay are some other game breaking bug.

I decided I'm going to pick it up. I already had it pre-ordered for this long and the game looks like fun to play. The reviews that have been done didn't include the additional content they're adding post-launch, obviously. Not that I think it would have made a huge difference but one complaint I read a lot was a general lack of longevity. Something like what they're doing should help. Plus, one power in particular really just makes me giggle like a school girl every time I see it in action.

Gamesindustry.biz

In Castle, it's all about physical interaction, grabbing swords and shooting targets with the crossbow in a very natural and intuitive feeling 3D environment. After smacking a hapless training dummy around with a sharp length of metal for a minute or two I was grinning from ear to ear, but when I realised I could rip his arm off and beat him around the head with it, the experience really started to hit home.

Around the Network

Really nice additions and tweaks in that day 1 patch. I'm liking that a lot.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

GG IGN, SP goes through all that trouble of not spoiling the game and IGN puts all powers/bombs in the video review LOL

also i got the game a day early and i just got up to the fetch missions, game looks stunning!

pezus said:
Are people seriously disappointed with 81 on Meta? Most agree that it builds on the previous games so if you liked them you will like this one even more and those graphics...
The lower scores criticize it for not being revolutionary, a complaint I've never understood personally.

I'm not unhappy with 81, I just think the gaming 'industry' needs to get together and come up with a uniform set of guidelines for rating games.  I know, it's a very very unrealistic thing to expect, but, I have pretty much no confidence in any reviewer anymore because they change the standards from game to game.

Damnit! My local Gamestop store is not having a midnight launch.... Disappointed!

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
eFKac said:

Yeah that's pretty much the problem, only played the second one, and it was only a good game for me (7,5 I would give it). Good gameplay, but I had a couple of problems with it, even dropped it after a couple hours, but got back and finished, later parts are way better when you unlock all the stuff. 

Just by watching some gameplays, I can see they have improved a couple things that I didn't like, but there are still things from what I hear that worry me (mainly repetitive missions). I don't know, I'm on the fence, 80 meta is very solid and might convince me to grab the game, but on the other hand 60€ is a lot for me, having big expenses right now, especially considering my backlog.

Then you missed one of gaming most epic plot twist in the first game. Anyways i heard you get to unlock stuff much ealier in this one. 

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share