Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
Runa216 said:
Alright guys, I need your input:

I have over 20 bucks on my PSN account, and I'm getting 70 for Christmas by the sounds of it (I snoop and don't like surprises, so I know 90% of what I'm getting on any given year), so I have to ask: IS there anything releasing in the near future on PS4 or PSV (between now and the 25th) I should save my money for, or should I buy Trine 2: The Complete Story on PS4?

I have Trine 1 and Trine 2 on steam, but never got around to playing them since, well, frankly I have no desire toplay on my PC. It's not that I dislike PC gaming, but if I CAN play a game on console, I DO play a game on console.

So, should I buy Trine 2: The complete story, or just buck up and play it on PC, saving the 20 bucks for something else online between now and christmas.

I already bought the Assassin;s Creed IV Season Pass, so I'll be playing Adewale, soon enough.

play on pc and save for an awesome indie game that will release soon or is already released.

Like, super motherload. or soon to be released don't starve or minecraft. And I bet a lot more awesome indies are coming.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Alright guys, I need your input:

I have over 20 bucks on my PSN account, and I'm getting 70 for Christmas by the sounds of it (I snoop and don't like surprises, so I know 90% of what I'm getting on any given year), so I have to ask: IS there anything releasing in the near future on PS4 or PSV (between now and the 25th) I should save my money for, or should I buy Trine 2: The Complete Story on PS4?

I have Trine 1 and Trine 2 on steam, but never got around to playing them since, well, frankly I have no desire toplay on my PC. It's not that I dislike PC gaming, but if I CAN play a game on console, I DO play a game on console.

So, should I buy Trine 2: The complete story, or just buck up and play it on PC, saving the 20 bucks for something else online between now and christmas.

I already bought the Assassin;s Creed IV Season Pass, so I'll be playing Adewale, soon enough.

I don't think there's going to be anything interesting on Vita between now and then. Seems like the interesting stuff are for spring. Trine 2 on PS4 seems great in my view (from what my friends have told me). Do any of your friends have it and is there online coop? Seems like it could be fun with people.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Finished it last night too , i liked the game a lot, loved this lady :

people didnt like ending or the  story, i liked it, much better than killzone 3, amazing artstyle and graphics, i played in normal and game was too easy.

they won a fan

I finished it on hard and it was rediculously easy.

The story was the best in a killzone game imo (not hard to beat). The ending was special, a nice cliff hanger though. I'm really hoping for a SF2 total war a la killzone 2 but even better

Weedlab said:

Yea me too. My favorite series, but I know when I'm getting raped. So no thank you. I'll keep Snake waiting, huh.

You got PS4 already? If not when? I didn't follow when it was releasing in your region.

What if the game starts getting 10/10?

Wright said:
Weedlab said:

Yea me too. My favorite series, but I know when I'm getting raped. So no thank you. I'll keep Snake waiting, huh.

You got PS4 already? If not when? I didn't follow when it was releasing in your region.

Of no consequence to me. Reviews don't sway me as much since I often don't agree with them. As much as I love MGS, MGS4 wasn't as great as I was led to believe by many reviews. It's a good game, but it feels like Hideo was doing too much fan service instead of doing what he wanted to do. Meh! I'm not paying 30 - 40 for anything akin to the tanker mission in MGS2. I can afford it, but I don't like supporting bad precedents or bad moves in general. If it's successful it will continue and I would have contributed to that (sadly it will be). If I could get over 10 hours of play from it without backtracking or fooling around then I'll be interested - otherwise, nopes. 

Konami tries to get away with too much with MGS. I can't believe they tried to charge people to watch MGS2 the trailer on DVD back in the day. 0_0

Around the Network

Ended up getting it. The only games coming out in the next weeks are ones I already have (Terraria being the main one), and the others can wait till the new year.

So, anyone else have Trine 2?

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Weedlab said:
Wright said:
Weedlab said:

Of no consequence to me. Reviews don't sway me as much since I often don't agree with them. As much as I love MGS, MGS4 wasn't as great as I was led to believe by many reviews. It's a good game, but it feels like Hideo was doing too much fan service instead of doing what he wanted to do. Meh! I'm not paying 30 - 40 for anything akin to the tanker mission in MGS2. I can afford it, but I don't like supporting bad precedents or bad moves in general. If it's successful it will continue and I would have contributed to that (sadly it will be). If I could get over 10 hours of play from it without backtracking or fooling around then I'll be interested - otherwise, nopes. 

Konami tries to get away with too much with MGS. I can't believe they tried to charge people to watch MGS2 the trailer on DVD back in the day. 0_0

You know there's more to review than "Agreeing with them."  AS a reader, you're expected to be able to sift through what the content of the review says and weigh that out against your own tastes and opinions.  I can say "Call of Duty is Stagnant" and give it a 6.2/10, but you can look at that and say, "I don't mind that it's stagnant', and realize that the rest of the review may have been right up your alley!  you may LIKE that there's a steady stream of action set pieces, or you may LIKE that the focus is on a fast paced multiplayer mode.  I did not, and it's up to you as the reader to discern between what criticism applies to you and what doesn't.  I have enough respect for my readers to assume they know this much. 

Sadly, evidence would lean towards most viewers NOT having this common sense, which is sad. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

I guess I should venture into this thread. I was a launch day PS4 buyer!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Runa216 said:

You know there's more to review than "Agreeing with them."  AS a reader, you're expected to be able to sift through what the content of the review says and weigh that out against your own tastes and opinions.  I can say "Call of Duty is Stagnant" and give it a 6.2/10, but you can look at that and say, "I don't mind that it's stagnant', and realize that the rest of the review may have been right up your alley!  you may LIKE that there's a steady stream of action set pieces, or you may LIKE that the focus is on a fast paced multiplayer mode.  I did not, and it's up to you as the reader to discern between what criticism applies to you and what doesn't.  I have enough respect for my readers to assume they know this much. 

Sadly, evidence would lean towards most viewers NOT having this common sense, which is sad. 

When I say agree, I mean I don’t see the same value they see in their review after playing, or I don’t find the issues raised to be issues at all. The thing with reviews, I would often walk in with an open mind and expect there to be flaws. I’ll take inventory of everything and do some weighing and If I like the positives and they overshadow the negatives I’ll make a purchase. The score has very little influence on me. I take chances with my money with respect to purchasing video games, so when a reviewer places a few caveats or seems ambiguous, I’ll try it – providing it didn’t come off as totally awful in the reading. The problem I’m having, especially last gen, is that a lot of the pros and cons in reviews I read are often not positives or negatives for me, respectively. After playing a game, in hindsight, I often find the issues highlighted are too trivial or overblown. Likewise, the reverse is true too. Many of the reasons why people and reviewers loved MGS4 so much are why I dislike it (story related). I’m VERY skeptical of 10s these days.

I recall one reviewer being very harsh on W101 for its “difficulty”, and yet when I played it I found it quite simple – through to completion. That person scored it poorly as a result (for which I found quite unfair). I had a similar issue with Knack when I played it by my cousin as well.

I’ve noticed most gamers, especially the 2K generation, would purchase a game based on the score. They go to IGN, scroll down to the bottom, and their purchase depends on if the game has a 7 or 8. And then they complain after.lol

Walkhrough have been a better indictaor for me, but I still use reviews since WTs don't furnish you with some details.

Runa216 said:
Ended up getting it. The only games coming out in the next weeks are ones I already have (Terraria being the main one), and the others can wait till the new year.

So, anyone else have Trine 2?

I do!