How does this make you feel?

Happy 549 70.38%

Sad 17 2.18%

Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583

GOW Ascension was by far the best GOW in terms of gameplay.

Around the Network
pezus said:
Fuck, it's a real bummer to be about 1200 red orbs away...lol

I missed out on it by 400 orbs. Couldn't believe it. Got it on my hard playthrough with about 4000 to spare.

Anybody else decide to playthrough the entire franchise again after completing Ascension?

Currently nearing the end of Ghost of Sparta. God, it's such a great game. The graphics still impress me. The PSP was a little beast.

pezus said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
GOW Ascension was by far the best GOW in terms of gameplay.

Agreed. But was I the only one who thought this was one of the easiest GoWs?

Oh and btw, does anyone know if it's at all possible to continue in a new game with the upgrades and red orbs you had in the completed save, so I can get the "Upgrade Kratos completely" trophy without having to complete the game again?

It was probably the hardest GOW i've beaten on hard.

pezus said:
TrevDaRev said:
pezus said:
Fuck, it's a real bummer to be about 1200 red orbs away...lol

I missed out on it by 400 orbs. Couldn't believe it. Got it on my hard playthrough with about 4000 to spare.

Maybe I should've used the ice weapon mod more instead of always using the soul one (hey, they look cool).

I was too stubborn to use the ice weapon. I just preferred how both Ares' and Hades' weapons looked when they were being used.

Around the Network
pezus said:
TrevDaRev said:
Anybody else decide to playthrough the entire franchise again after completing Ascension?

Currently nearing the end of Ghost of Sparta. God, it's such a great game. The graphics still impress me. The PSP was a little beast.

That's the only GoW I haven't played now. Should probably grab the HD version down the line.

I got God of War 1 HD on Plus so maybe I will play through that again, but I only have the PS2 version of GoWII

Ghost of Sparta is highly recommended. Probably my 2nd favourite of the franchise, right after III. 

I would definitely suggest grabbing the two HD Collections. It's incredibly convenient to be able to play the entire franchise on one console.

Fucking hell guys, I do think Tomb Raider is great but I just got to the part with the fire arrows and I kinda want to slap Lara across the face for bitching 24/7.

"SAM.. SAAM SAAAM SAAAM"

STFU. I don't give two honest shits about Sam because I barely saw her anyway. Its the chinese girl right? Apparantly they're gonna do some fire ritual to her.

I complained about the story telling in Ascension. Its very little in terms of content and it is lacking during the first half especially but Tomb Raider while having a existing story telling, doesn't really intruige me at all.

Lara is constantly afraid and while I am all for character development: Dude I am fucking Kratos in TR. I strangle people with my bow, set them on fire, smash their heads in with a brick and I climb like a pro. How long is Lara gonna go act all innocent? The entire game? It's not the killing part thats the problem. It's the emphasizement on how Lara becomes ..Lara I guess. They are doing it for far too long. My kill count is up to a high level already.

I was kinda expecting it to go over to a "Ok I can take care of myself" route by now and then start digging into some treasure story. All I know so far is that theres some sun goddess and some ritual to pick a successor/sacrifice one or something.

Maybe I should actually listen/read the notes Lara picks up or something.
But god, is there no cutscenes that actually forwards the plot in terms of treasure hunt? Why are all the other supporting characters not doing jack shit? I get that Roh guy or whatever is injured, that's cool. But what about the rest? They died? I can't even recall it.

I'm kinda sick of the act. It feels cheap and gets repetetive. Stop telling me she's vulnerable.
I remember reading at GAF with some saying "You'll want to protect her" after some interview. They weren't kidding.

I just played 3 hours of Ascension MP and had far more fun. TR is slow, I really gotta take my time with it. Like 1 or 2 hours at a time. I just don't feel intruiged enough to continue when it feels like not much is going on.

^All of that, my opinion (just to be safe, I had to spell it out).

Also: I strongly prefer more environments and such. I am getting bored of the island. Everything is muddy and grey + the camera is making me nauseous at times . I didn't mind Killzone 2 because it still looked stellar. But this isn't quite working for me. Game as a whole also feels a bit choppy from time to time. Not sure if it's the camera work, screen tearing, fps dropping: But something is on. Feels a bit blurry and yuck. Controls act less responsive etc.

EDIT:

You know what? Fuck it, I'll do my 28th Uncharted 3 run to get my dose of adventure.

pezus said:

That's the only GoW I haven't played now. Should probably grab the HD version down the line.

I got God of War 1 HD on Plus so maybe I will play through that again, but I only have the PS2 version of GoWII

Buy the Saga collection, you cheap bastard ;o

pezus said:
Deyon said:
pezus said:

Buy the Saga collection, you cheap bastard ;o

I already have almost all of them lol. I would only need to buy Ghost of Sparta HD and maybe GoW II HD too

well buy it again then

i mean if u wont support sony then who will?? :P

pezus said:
I'm going to create a thread to see if people know how to fix this (if it's at all possible...)

reload a previous checkpoint? not the latest, a previous one to that :P