Scared 4 0.51%

Excited 4 0.51%

Angry 2 0.26%

Awful 7 0.90%

Total:583
Runa216 said:
bananaking21 said:

great numbers. CoD has a 70% attatch rate. BF has 39% and KZ has 35%

these are without digital sales too, but i dont think those are that high right now, but still i expect them to be a good number of sales. 

according to this activision made around 18.9 million profits from CoD on PS4 alone this week. EA made 10.6 million from BF and Sony made 12 million.

to put things into more perspective CoD on PS4's first week sold 3.5 times more than WiiU CoD BO2 (launch CoD) sold lifetime up until now. PS4 CoD ghosts sales are 24 times the WiiU CoD ghost sales this year 

PS4 need for speed rivals sold 16 times more than NFS Most wanted on WiiU life time sales (it launched 5 months late though, but still.)

The sales of AC4 on PS4 is 10 times the sales of AC4 on WiiU. AC4 on PS4 is 1.8 times the sales of AC3 lifetimes sales on the WiiU. 

basically any third party publisher would be insane to support the WiiU after these numbers. 

Come on, man.  Truth or not that's a harsh thing to say.  WiiU is awesome, despite its flaws. 

He's right though and it's not about hating on the Wii U. It is about the numbers and how it's a waste of time for most third-parties to develop for that console if the owners of it are not willing to buy. We're talking about a console that is approaching 4 million units worldwide and the sales of those third-party games are much higher on a console that only has a quarter as many units in homes right now. If you're a publisher and you see your game is selling 300,000 on a console that only has a million units but only 30,000 sold on a console that has four million... wouldn't you start thinking that maybe it's not worth the investment?

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
bananaking21 said:

these are without digital sales too, but i dont think those are that high right now, but still i expect them to be a good number of sales. 

according to this activision made around 18.9 million profits from CoD on PS4 alone this week. EA made 10.6 million from BF and Sony made 12 million.

to put things into more perspective CoD on PS4's first week sold 3.5 times more than WiiU CoD BO2 (launch CoD) sold lifetime up until now. PS4 CoD ghosts sales are 24 times the WiiU CoD ghost sales this year 

PS4 need for speed rivals sold 16 times more than NFS Most wanted on WiiU life time sales (it launched 5 months late though, but still.)

The sales of AC4 on PS4 is 10 times the sales of AC4 on WiiU. AC4 on PS4 is 1.8 times the sales of AC3 lifetimes sales on the WiiU. 

basically any third party publisher would be insane to support the WiiU after these numbers. 

Come on, man.  Truth or not that's a harsh thing to say.  WiiU is awesome, despite its flaws. 

it might be awesome, but it doesnt change the fact that its just a waste of time, money and resources for third party publishers. the install base excuse is rendered invalid after these numbers from the PS4 and the inpending numbers from the Xbox one. reality is, EA made a pretty smart call not supporting the WiiU this year, and Ubisoft are going to lose quite a lot of money on AC4 and Watch dogs by supporting it. 

bananaking21 said:
Runa216 said:
bananaking21 said:

it might be awesome, but it doesnt change the fact that its just a waste of time, money and resources for third party publishers. the install base excuse is rendered invalid after these numbers from the PS4 and the inpending numbers from the Xbox one. reality is, EA made a pretty smart call not supporting the WiiU this year, and Ubisoft are going to lose quite a lot of money on AC4 and Watch dogs by supporting it. 

Shut up, ho. I got this.

Raven722 said:
bananaking21 said:

Shut up, ho. I got this.

i might be a hoe but you shut up! i want to be able to have this conversation without people telling me that the only logical explination third parties dont support nintendo is because third parties have it out for Nintendo. 

i think u both need to leave the wiiu out of this, its a great system and has potential that given in time will show.
back on topic : ps4 games sold pretty good and am happy with them.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Raven722 said:
bananaking21 said:

Shut up, ho. I got this.

i might be a hoe but you shut up! i want to be able to have this conversation without people telling me that the only logical explination third parties dont support nintendo is because third parties have it out for Nintendo. 

What?  No, I said no such thing!  

I just think people should be developing games for the Wii due to its unique capabilities, not because they felt a need to put a multiplatform game on all consoles.  the way I See it (and this is about as unbiased and fair as I Feel I can get right now) is that people should put their family friendly fare and gimmicky stuff on WiiU, their Quirky kinect based stuff on the Xbox One, and the 'core' titles on the PS4.  Each of the three s ystems has its place in a gamer's living room, depending on what kind of games they like.  Nintendo is and will always be a company that caters to families, Microsoft likes shooters, racers, sports, and Kinect, and Sony tends to just kinda halfass the gimmicks by imitating others, but offering a damn good core gaming experience.  

There's some overlap, sure, but each one has its strengths and weaknesses, and I think Devs should learn to see that rather than cramming every game on every platform for market saturation.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:

I just think people should be developing games for the Wii due to its unique capabilities, not because they felt a need to put a multiplatform game on all consoles.  the way I See it (and this is about as unbiased and fair as I Feel I can get right now) is that people should put their family friendly fare and gimmicky stuff on WiiU, their Quirky kinect based stuff on the Xbox One, and the 'core' titles on the PS4.  Each of the three s ystems has its place in a gamer's living room, depending on what kind of games they like.  Nintendo is and will always be a company that caters to families, Microsoft likes shooters, racers, sports, and Kinect, and Sony tends to just kinda halfass the gimmicks by imitating others, but offering a damn good core gaming experience.  

There's some overlap, sure, but each one has its strengths and weaknesses, and I think Devs should learn to see that rather than cramming every game on every platform for market saturation.  

i know you said no such thing, thats why i said i want to be able to have a convo where i am not told that. because every other thread has the same people saying the "third party hates nintendo" thing.

and i pretty much agree with you. but keep putting the core games on xbox one as well, they sell on it and will continue to do so. the quiry kinect based stuff? well we have to wait and see if those games actually sell for third parties to start making them. There is a big overlap between PS and xbox and due to similar hardware i dont see why any third parties should make exclusive games to each (deep down still baffles me on this matter).

and yes, nintendo will always be that company that caters to families and kids, for some reason many users on here take that as an insult. but the problem is it seems that market is actually shrinking due to 1) tablets & smartphones 2) the PlayStation and Xbox. a lot of gamers who grew up playing video games have probably moved on from Nintendo to MS or Sony and some of them would just let their kids play on their PS or xbox instead of getting them a whole new console. also it seems kids now days also play CoD a lot and that seems to be eating up in the Nintendo market. 

btw i only brought up WiiU at first to compare sales

JoeTheBro said:
Does anyone know how to do the human stuff in resogun? I've played all the super stardusts so the combat came naturally, but with humans I just wait for them to randomly show up on the ground.

The humans are kept in cages along the level. You have to kill the keepers to unlock a cage. The keepers are highlighted in green. 

Knack did better than I thought it would. Still, it has a long way to go. COD's attach rate is insane. lol I'd love to see how the numbers on competing platforms look to put this into perspective.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

bananaking21 said:
Runa216 said:

i know you said no such thing, thats why i said i want to be able to have a convo where i am not told that. because every other thread has the same people saying the "third party hates nintendo" thing.

and i pretty much agree with you. but keep putting the core games on xbox one as well, they sell on it and will continue to do so. the quiry kinect based stuff? well we have to wait and see if those games actually sell for third parties to start making them. There is a big overlap between PS and xbox and due to similar hardware i dont see why any third parties should make exclusive games to each (deep down still baffles me on this matter).

and yes, nintendo will always be that company that caters to families and kids, for some reason many users on here take that as an insult. but the problem is it seems that market is actually shrinking due to 1) tablets & smartphones 2) the PlayStation and Xbox. a lot of gamers who grew up playing video games have probably moved on from Nintendo to MS or Sony and some of them would just let their kids play on their PS or xbox instead of getting them a whole new console. also it seems kids now days also play CoD a lot and that seems to be eating up in the Nintendo market. 

btw i only brought up WiiU at first to compare sales

My bad, but comparing the PS4 (which apparently had the best 1-day launch for hardware in the US Ever) to the WiiU (one of the poorest selling games of all time) isn't exactly balanced.  I'd like to see PS4 vs PS2, or PS4 vs 360, or ideally PS4 vs One.  Of course, Xbox One isn't out yet.  

Regardless, I fully expect the Xbox One to trail juuuuust below the PS4's day one hardware sales for a solid, impressive second place.  That said, we live in a different world than we did just seven years ago when the Xbox 360 launched, so the 'supply and demand' factors, thanks to social media and Amazon etc. are a whole 'nother ball game. 

That said, I'm really happy to see the PS4 doing well, and I do agree that they should continue putting core games on the Xbone, because many of the best games sell best on Microsoft consoles (Call of Duty, Battlefield, many sports titles other than Fifa).  Thing is, and I don't think there's any real argument against this, they just run better on PS4, making PS4 the definitive place for those games.  the assassin's Creed games, the Call of Duty games, etc.  I really don't want to sound like a fanboy or anything (I kind of am but I'm able to see past my biases), but the facts are the facts, and while the first wave of games, however much in the favor of Sony they are, are no real indication of what a system can truly do, I still think that the sheer stats and figures are enough to agree that, when it comes to multiplats, PS4 will be better.  That is, unless Microsoft pays devs for limited exclusivity and DLC packages (which they have a reptuation for doing), but on sheer hardware, PS4 has it. 

Goddamn, I need to just write that damn article and stop slipping bits of my thought process into everything I post. 

Three cheers for PS4, and a raised glass to the hopeful success of the Xbone.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android