By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EGM mocks Endless Ocean - instead of reviewing it

Smidlee said:
I thought he did a good job reviewing it as he pretty much comes out and tells what it's all about.

Good job? All he has done is complained about the gameplay (which he is entited to do). He makes no comments on Controls/Graphics/Sound/Presentation/etc...

While I am yet to play this title, I get the impression that this game is like going for a leisurely walk or drive. You don't have any destination, it doesn't matter if you take your time or get lost and it takes you "away" from your current surroundings. Just like going for a walk, you aren't looking for conflict to resolve, you just want something different.

While not everyone's cup of tea, I can definitely see a small market for these type of games

Around the Network

Just more ShovelWare...

TWRoO said:
*gets very angry*

Grrr I hate reviewers
See I wouldn't mind if he didn't give a score, but there was very little in the article that told you what the game was about other than "you swim and stroke fish"
I love this game, possibly more than what I consider it's spiritual predecassor: Pilotwings 64

*goes to play Endless ocean to relax*

I'd say Pokemon Snap is a better example of a spiritual successor to this game.

I actually JUST bought this before coming on the forum, because I've heard it's great for relieving stress.  I'm going to pop it in once I finish my homework.  EGM just sunk to the level of their 1up counterpart for me.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
RolStoppable said:
ItsaMii said:
RolStoppable said:
fkusumot said:

It's such a soothing experience. You can put on some mellow trance music and dance with the fishes. Nothing beats that after a tough football practice.

Oh, I see what you did there.

I have the game, I have the music, but I still need to get an SD card to put some MP3s on it.

Wait. You can fit Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on a SD card? And more than one (MP3s)?

Yes, the Wii can do anything.

I wanted to try one of those clever jokes you usually make.
 For example: There are grammar mistakes in your post. I think you mean "Yes, we can do anything".

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

NeoRatt said:
Just more ShovelWare...

Have you actually played it? I have, and i think this is one of the better Wii titles.

I smell WiiFitNonGamesFearSyndrome in this thread...

Around the Network

It funny how Nintendo releases different types of games like Brain Training, Endless Ocean and go beyond the core game experience and the industry goes crazy into a mental flip.

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

I don't now, nor have I ever respected EGM. I know some of you disagree with me, so lets leave it at that.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

This doesn't bode well for HOME and AFRIKA.

fkusumot said:

This doesn't bode well for HOME and AFRIKA.

Based on graphics those games will get a higher rating universally.

sad but true..

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I can just see it now: a film reviewer refusing to review anything but action films because honestly, all he knows says that "real" films have explosions, bloods, and heaps of dead people everywhere. If anything like this really happened, then the film industry would go ballistic and rightly so. It's sad that it seems common place in video games.