By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Should the Wii U be renamed?

Should the Wii U be renamed?

Yes 88 52.38%

No 80 47.62%

Total:168

I don't think they confused people, I just think people are to smart now with things like IGN. No one wants another PS3/360 without the large community, or giant developer support. People now want the next gen, and people don't get that feel from the WiiU. Lets face it, the WiiU is weak, kinda pathetic. It's hardly more powerful than the current hardware, and will be blown apart when the PS4 launches. What were they expecting? They hit lightning in a bottle with the Wii, cause the fad. That is over, and they tried to get that same lightning feel. It just doesn't happen twice in a row.

People are gonna think I am WiiU bashing, which I am not. I just personally think they messed up royally. I mean, there is a reason I don't even consider buying that console. I find it a waste of money, and the sales suggest that people have the same feeling that I am getting. When did we want another console for this generation? And I know it isn't. But it's so not exceptional, just shows us more of the same. They put way to much focus in their controller, like do us hardcore gamers really care about that? Last I check I am all about the gaming experience. And on that front, they don't invest in anything exciting. Oh, another Mario game... Cool. Where is a the Last of Us. Where is the excitement?

I try, but I can't figure out the reason why the WiiU is a must buy item. From Sony's announcement of the PS4, I already have reasons why that is. Sure things can change, but Nintendo failed to "Wow" me. That is entirely their fault too. And MicroSoft has still to announce their hardware specs, and console information. It's sad for Nintendo because they might be out of the console race for the "next gen" right as the big guys (Sony and MS) release their console for sale in retailers.

Name change is unimportant. And to make it worse, why I believe they are in a grave, having dirt shoveled onto them. That is because developers aren't excited about the console. Many HD developers have even stated that their next project isn't being made for the WiiU. BUT WHY? It's a question Nintendo can't answer. This is the reason the console is dead to me.

Unlike Sony for this new Gen consoles, Nintendo surely didn't make a console for the developers. I fear that Microsoft may fall into this same trap, concentrating on the Kinect Add-on which will become standard for the 720 (speculation).