Horay 11 64.71%

Hip Hip 1 5.88%

Fiddle Dee 1 5.88%

I Love You <3 4 23.53%

Total:17
zero129 said:
Diogo1034 said:
i would like to join this team please

Welcome welcome, as soon as the OP is unbanned tomorrow you should be added to the list. First you must pass the test.

What type of termal past should be added to a beef chickin monkey sandwich?? you have 5 minutes to reply

arctic silver

Around the Network

Just for shits and giggles I guess, I try to keep my shit lights free, lights get super annoying, and this case really should have came with better cable management design but I'm used to it I guess:

CGI-Quality said:
dahuman said:

Just for shits and giggles I guess, I try to keep my shit lights free, lights get super annoying, and this case really should have came with better cable management design but I'm used to it I guess:

-pic

I'm assuming that's the sig rig? Looks like it.

yar

This is my live stream PC, much simpler so not as messy, gonna change the CPU to a 3770K if I can find a good deal later, it's currently running an i5 3450 OC'ed to 3.7GHz under load, does 720p@60FPS with Xsplit Faster preset just fine but could always shoot for even better quality, I can push a lot more with the cooler on a 3770k, that's for sure:

Top to bottom, Geforce 9600 GSO (don't like running the onboard stuff,) Sound Blaster Z for optical input, Avermedia Live Gamer HD, and Avermedia Game Broadcaster HD, running on 8GB Corsair Vengence (2x4GB, 1600MHz, 9,9,9,24.)

CGI-Quality said:
disolitude said:

I don't get what you're implying here.

Which part is condescending?

The idea that only people in the PC group can vote for captain? That just makes sense. Otherwise I can go to the Playstation group and vote for some half wit who doesn't even own a PS3 but has decided to join that group. What's next? Asking Mexico to vote if California is to seperate from USA?

Or the idea that being a team captain shouldn't be about how many graphics cards you can stack but actually what you know and how helpful your posts are? That also just makes sense to me... Of course you can have the best hardware and be very knowledgable but I saw you guys just posting links to PC's and saying "look this guys rig, he should be the captain".

You guys are making this a popularity contest. IMO Vlad needs to be the leader here. He has been doesn't stand for BS and has been pro PC day 1...

"Unlike the console teams, PC side is a knowledge, not a popularity contest".

From the stands, this sounds condescending. Take even your last sentence there, sounds like a superiority issue, which just isn't necessary. "He doesn't stand for BS" - What BS? "and has been pro PC day 1..." - So?

Now based on the OP, there doesn't seem to be any stipulation outside of being a heavy PC supporter/user. Unless JayWood2010 decides to change the rules mid vote, I see nothing wrong with nominating known PC users/gamers, especially ones with "knowledge". For my part, I'm fine not winning, it's a damn video game site for Pete's sake. 

You skipped the entire point of my post and chose to focus your energy on the most irrelevant part of it.

As far as Vlad, I meant that dude doesn't suggarcoat his replies which is good when you want informative replies.

He also only deals PC - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/16249/vlad321/posts/#content

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
I just bought me a 7970 for $350 with 3 games.

It should go well with my recent memory (16 GB Corsair Black Widow 1600 MHz OCd to 1711 MHz 9/9/9/24) and SSD (OCZ Vertex 3 128 GB) upgrades. I'm starting to think my 3.8 GHz i7 920 might become a limiting factor in the future.

It's still fine if you use it for gaming or media editing, I'd still argue the triple channel memory is better for a lot of the editing software out there.

dahuman said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

It should go well with my recent memory (16 GB Corsair Black Widow 1600 MHz OCd to 1711 MHz 9/9/9/24) and SSD (OCZ Vertex 3 128 GB) upgrades. I'm starting to think my 3.8 GHz i7 920 might become a limiting factor in the future.

It's still fine if you use it for gaming or media editing, I'd still argue the triple channel memory is better for a lot of the editing software out there.

I find it funny when people ask if an i7 or AMD quadcore is bottlenecking their rig. I have this rig with a 3570k and GTX 670 SLI sitting in the livingroom being used only as the Plex media server while due to comfort, lately I tend to play all my games on my bedroom media PC running an Phenom X3 and a 7770. Technically the whole rig is a bottleneck, yet if a game is good, I really don't notice or care... I beat entire DmC on a this rig and had a blast with the game.  720p + everything max 60 fps.

Otherwise if i start posting pics of all PCs I built in the last 3 years, I'd have to put a 56K warning. :)

trasharmdsister12 said:

dahuman said:

Yeah, I'm just worried if it will keep the GPU fed well enough in the future with devs finally being able to have console versions of games using most of their engine features (which wasn't the case with a lot of ports - there were exceptions like Sleeping Dogs, Just Cause 2 and such). I plan on selling the 7970 in a couple of years to upgrade again. I need to find some PC gaming buddies who will buy my old stuff. I need to find someone to push my current 560 Ti onto. Hmm...

yeah.... I know the resell pain, I pretty much sold my 4890s for like 50 bucks each when that happened, broke a 5870 eyefinity when I tried to take a custom GPU cooler off which really fucking sucked(shit costed me in the mid 400's for fuck sake) and gave the other one to my brother(that one was around 380-400) before I settled for my current 6950s for about 320 each and don't know how I will sell them yet when I get like a Maxwell 890 GTX with an el cheapo PhysX card or something, that's the life.......

vlad321 said:
I don't even recognize 3/4 of these people.... And I made the thread in the signature.

not sure if you care but your HD vs Wii, PC vs HD link is broken.

disolitude said:
dahuman said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

I find it funny when people ask if an i7 or AMD quadcore is bottlenecking their rig. I have this rig with a 3570k and GTX 670 SLI sitting in the livingroom being used only as the Plex media server while due to comfort, lately I tend to play all my games on my bedroom media PC running an Phenom X3 and a 7770. Technically the whole rig is a bottleneck, yet if a game is good, I really don't notice or care... I beat entire DmC on a this rig and had a blast with the game.  720p + everything max 60 fps.

Otherwise if i start posting pics of all PCs I built in the last 3 years, I'd have to put a 56K warning. :)

I know what you mean, I've had so many PCs that already left the house, sold, rebuilt and re-purposed, including laptops and I hardly take pictures lol. You just know I fuck around too much when my step dad is currently running an i3-540 with an OC'ed 550 GTi and all he does is browse the web and play fucking solitaire on it haha. I also recently just shipped out an Athlon 64 x2 5000 with 4GBs of DDR2 on a Radeon 5570 for my brother's kind of dating woman lol.....