By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliff Bleszinski: Industry turmoil worst since '80s crash

While I don't agree that Nintendo will go 3rd party any time soon (gen 10 at the earliest), I do agree that games need DIFFERENT price ranges. Don't release ALL games at $60! Nintendo is making one thing right with the eShop; they're allowing the publishers to set their own prices!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:
While I don't agree that Nintendo will go 3rd party any time soon (gen 10 at the earliest), I do agree that games need DIFFERENT price ranges. Don't release ALL games at $60! Nintendo is making one thing right with the eShop; they're allowing the publishers to set their own prices!

I would prefer their platformers at $40 for 2-D, $50 for 3D, $60 for Zelda, Rpgs, Metroid and all that.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Since that other thread was locked, here are my opinions from it:
"It's funny that no one remembers Nintendo saying that they don't want to become a SW only company. I also feel that if anyone were to go down, Nintendo would be the last. They wouldn't go down easily, either. They would be kickin'!"

I always seem to post in the threads bound to be locked for duplication. (Is that a word?)

I'd like to face f$ck this dude.

Otakumegane said:
DanneSandin said:

I would prefer their platformers at $40 for 2-D, $50 for 3D, $60 for Zelda, Rpgs, Metroid and all that.

Thing is, they could sell NSMB at $60 and people would still gobble it up ^^ But I know what you mean. But I wonder though; would fewer people buy the $60 games?

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

"It's funny that no one remembers Nintendo saying that they don't want to become a SW only company. I also feel that if anyone were to go down, Nintendo would be the last. They wouldn't go down easily, either. They would be kickin'!"

I always seem to post in the threads bound to be locked for duplication. (Is that a word?)

People keep on saying that... Is there a link anywhere?!

DanneSandin said:
NintendoPie said:

People keep on saying that... Is there a link anywhere?!

Link to what? The locked thread?

Here: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=155966&page=1#

I heard this somewhere that if Nintendo's HW business died, they would stop making games altogether.

Understandable. We are used to multiple consoles launching successfully during the this generation. But in the years of the PS2 and even before, the usual was multiple platforms to fail and one or two actually being meaningful to the industry. Imagine an industry with the Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox alone in the market before the PS2 came out. Or the Saturn, Jaguar and Pippin before the PS1 and the N64.

DanneSandin said:

Just for curiosity, what makes you think Nintendo will "go down" specifically at gen 10?

Nintendo and PC gamer