By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo: Everything that has a beggining has an end...

Otakumegane said:
richardhutnik said:

What does a game maker do when they leave an industry that is their heart and soul?  Don't theu just fold up or get bought up?  Their IP is worth a bunch.

If Nintendo ever failed, I think they just might take their IP with them.

They're THAT prideful.

Besides if they ever failed, their IP won't be worth much by that time, as it wasn't enough to carry Nintendo.

When you are a publically traded company, pride isn't part of the equation.  Nintendo is publically traded.  They leave the videogame business (for what though?) or stop being around, their IP isn't going to vanish.  It will end up being sold off.  Probably Disney would end up buying it, considering their are the holder of cultural IP.

Around the Network

Damn.

I was actually hoping this confirmed someone at Nintendo was getting fired or a shitty IP was being put on the backburner.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

morenoingrato said:

Edit: Screw that, I'm not going to support such grammar.

Also, what's the point of this thread? Another "Nintendo is going out of business soon" but trying to disguise it with praise?

Lighten up dude.

Rogerioandrade said:
Pfff... another Nintendo doom thread? C´mon .... even if Nintendo stop to producing consoles someday they still would survive either making games for other consoles (if they still exist), or smartphones/tablets or PCs. Just be assured that if that day comes, it will be the day when console gaming will definetely cease to exist

I'm pretty sure this isn't doom thread man. Did you even read the entire OP?