By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Turning Point Fall of Liberty: we've maybe tapped 2%.

Aj_habfan said:
azrm2k said:
thekitchensink said:
This game uses maybe 2%. I'd believe it.

Really?  In that case I have a Sony brand pet rock and solar-powered flashlight i'd like to sell you!

I think he was making fun of the game...

I was.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
ClaudeLv250 said:
All of these percentages are bullshit. Stop giving them out, and stop eating them up.

QFE!

A team could develop a game that's extremely poorly optimized and uses 75% of the theoretical limit of a system.  Then they can take the same game and optimize the code until it only uses 10% of the theoretical limit, and it will look and run identically.  The percentages being spewed out mean absolutely nothing.  Also the theoretical limit means nothing, as often times it's an unrealistic number that could never be achieved in a game-like environment.

We know games will look better in the future, it's what ALWAYS happens when developers become more familiar with the hardware and how to optimize code.

Ah yes in that case he also succeeded in making fun of my inability to detect sarcasm. Well done and I admit defeat.

plenty of potential for growth.