By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Franchise Tier List (Based off Sales and Potential)

Otakumegane said:
JayWood2010 said:
Otakumegane said:
JayWood2010 said:
Otakumegane said:
GoW should be moved up to A for now, back down if Ascension doesn't do that well.

LBP moved down to B.

PSASBR?

I'm going to edit it up but how are you organizing these?  Are you basing them off of recent sales?

I'm basing them off of either how well the last major entry is sold/selling, or how the known upcoming one is looking to sell.

Mix of prediction of future sales and current.

How would you do the PS1 games or games like twisted metal who doesnt sell well anymore?

I would move them down based on the last game in the franchise or if there's absolutley no possibility of a sequel in the coming years, label them dead.

For example, based og VGchartz, Twisted Metal would be D as of right now, but could move down to E soon.

So remove it or label it as C-Tier?

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Otakumegane said:
JayWood2010 said:
Otakumegane said:
JayWood2010 said:
Otakumegane said:
GoW should be moved up to A for now, back down if Ascension doesn't do that well.

LBP moved down to B.

PSASBR?

I'm going to edit it up but how are you organizing these?  Are you basing them off of recent sales?

I'm basing them off of either how well the last major entry is sold/selling, or how the known upcoming one is looking to sell.

Mix of prediction of future sales and current.

How would you do the PS1 games or games like twisted metal who doesnt sell well anymore?

I would move them down based on the last game in the franchise or if there's absolutley no possibility of a sequel in the coming years, label them dead.

For example, based og VGchartz, Twisted Metal would be D as of right now, but could move down to E soon.

So remove it or label it as C-Tier?

D tier because it won't hit 1 million anytime soon I guess.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

I see you've included long-dormant franchises like Parappa & Jet Moto, so based on the fact that they're here, just a couple of extra suggestions:

Cool Boarders (regularly 1m+ on the PS1)

The Getaway (decent seller on PS2.  Not really sure which bracket you'd put it in)

I also wouldn't consider Motorstorm & Resistance in 2-5m list.  They're 1m+ franchises at best.  I'd also question Syphon Filter's eligability in that bracket.

But anyway, yeah, good job.  

Kresnik said:

I see you've included long-dormant franchises like Parappa & Jet Moto, so based on the fact that they're here, just a couple of extra suggestions:

The Getaway (decent seller on PS2.  Not really sure which bracket you'd put it in)

I also wouldn't consider Motorstorm & Resistance in 2-5m list.  They're 1m+ franchises at best.  I'd also question Syphon Filter's eligability in that bracket.

Thanks just fixed

Kresnik said:

Resistance 1 sold 4m+ 

Resistance 2 sold 2m+

Resistance 3 sold 1m+

How the hell is resistance considered a 1m franchise?

Around the Network
Deyon said:

Resistance 1 sold 4m+ 

Resistance 2 sold 2m+

Resistance 3 sold 1m+

How the hell is resistance considered a 1m+ franchise?

Bolded the important part for you.

It's not a case of how much the first bundled title could sell, but how consistently they sell across multiple titles.  At least, that's how I would look at it.  And Resistance did an awful job at keeping its sales from the first game.

Deyon said:
Kresnik said:

Resistance 1 sold 4m+ 

Resistance 2 sold 2m+

Resistance 3 sold 1m+

How the hell is resistance considered a 1m franchise?

The tier list is based on latest major entry so it's still C-tier. Past glories aren't that usable in tier lists

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

didn't LBP sell over 5m?

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

platformmaster918 said:
didn't LBP sell over 5m?

it did but the others sold well under that amount

Kresnik said:
Deyon said:

Resistance 1 sold 4m+ 

Resistance 2 sold 2m+

Resistance 3 sold 1m+

How the hell is resistance considered a 1m+ franchise?

Bolded the important part for you.

It's not a case of how much the first bundled title could sell, but how consistently they sell across multiple titles.  At least, that's how I would look at it.  And Resistance did an awful job at keeping its sales from the first game.

Ok.... So why is Socom, Ratchet & Clank,Syphon Filter and Jak & Daxter in the B-Tier list?

This thread is messed up!!