By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft's Franchise Tier List (Based off Sales and Potential)

JayWood2010 said:
Deyon said:

Didn't the last installments of Banjo Kazooie, Fable, TE and Killer Instinct sell under 2million? If so, They should be moved to the C-Tier. Just like you did in the Sony thread :P

Will do bro.  Fable no though.  Fable III wasnt praised as much but still sold 4.90m on X360.  I could actually count it as an A list game seeing as it reached 5m with PC though

You counted Kinect games, So obviously Fable The Journey counts aswell, It didn't sell over 1m and it is a full game. ;o

Around the Network
Deyon said:
JayWood2010 said:
Deyon said:

Didn't the last installments of Banjo Kazooie, Fable, TE and Killer Instinct sell under 2million? If so, They should be moved to the C-Tier. Just like you did in the Sony thread :P

Will do bro.  Fable no though.  Fable III wasnt praised as much but still sold 4.90m on X360.  I could actually count it as an A list game seeing as it reached 5m with PC though

You counted Kinect games, So obviously Fable The Journey counts aswell, It didn't sell over 1m and it is a full game. ;o

Now you know as well as I do that Fable the Journey is not a part of the main Fable series -_- Just like Halo Wars is not Considered to be a part of the halo series.  it shares the name but are knockoffs.  That is like me trying to include Killzone liberation with the Killzone series.  They have the same name but are clearly to completely different games.  One is mainline where the other is not.  Does that make since?

That is why you hear people say things like they want Halo Wars 2 or they want Killzone Liberation 2.  Some people may even want Fable The Journey 2 (I doubt it), but one is a main series where the other is not.

JayWood2010 said:

Now you know as well as I do that Fable the Journey is not a part of the main Fable series -_- Just like Halo Wars is not Considered to be a part of the halo series.  it shares the name but are knockoffs.  That is like me trying to include Killzone liberation with the Killzone series.  They have the same name but are clearly to completely different games.  One is mainline where the other is not.  Does that make since?

That is why you hear people say things like they want Halo Wars 2 or they want Killzone Liberation 2.  Some people may even want Fable The Journey 2 (I doubt it), but one is a main series where the other is not.

Fair enough, even though i disagree. :P

wasn't killer instinct canceled?

theprof00 said:
wasn't killer instinct canceled?

no but they are going to have to change the name last i heard.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
MB1025 said:
Alan Wake has 2 games (one downloadable).

Was the downloadable one a full game?  I never played it so i just thought it was DLC or something.  Anyways ill add it if it is two seperate games.

Yup it was a stand alone game. Alan Wakes American Nightmare. It had a 5 hour story and on top of that it had a survival mode where you play different maps and try to survive until dawn. The story falls right in line with the retail release of him trying to find his wife.

Also is this based off of what each game averages or what the total franchise has sold?

MB1025 said:
Also is this based off of what each game averages or what the total franchise has sold?

since im not the one who started this it is based off of how they stand at current day.  For example, Twisted Metal use to sell around 2.5m copies but now it is a dieing franchise and cant even manage 1m so it is no longer considered a big game.  So i guess it is based off of how much of a threat they are today rather than 5-10 years ago.  Which is why banjo went down because nuts and bolts didnt do so well.

OK gotcha. I thought we were doing overall sales of the franchise because Gears and possibly Fable would be moved to S tier.

Kinect Adventures up there is quite a reach. I think it would be hard pressed to crack a million, was it not bundled.