By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These forums will be hilarious if Next Xbox is more powerful than PS4

Would the meltdowns be epic?

Yes 237 59.25%

No 107 26.75%

Maybe 53 13.25%

Total:397
psrock said:
http://beyond3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

plus Neogaf

Well yeah those two places. But which sources? Thuway? Proelite? Bgassassin? Don't think I have seen anyone give the nod when it comes to the GPU to the nextbox so far. Neither has vgleaks or Edge. But there has been talks of some impressive stuff on the CPU side of the nextbox tho

Edge has been pretty much in the money with the ps4 stuff..chances are they are with the nextbox as well

but who knows MS might come out and say Gotcha suckas! in April lol

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
psrock said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
psrock said:
Reading all over, it seems the next xbox was indeed way more powerful from the first dev kits, but MS 2nd kits were a downgrade, now we are waiting to see the next kits.

Most insiders believe it will have a better CPU and GPU.

All in all, It seems Sony had to go with more ram to counter the xbox.

@bold: Where did you read this? Afaik there has been some indication about nextbox cpu being better but I thought pretty much every one said GPU was better on the PS4

Reading from neogaf, they may have the same CPU, but MS has spent more time optimising it. 

yeah it was bgassassin right? iirc he said MS focused more on the CPU while Sony spent their time/money on the GPU side of things

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

The meltdown would be epic. Why isn't there a meltdown already? The most powerful console has never won.

You do realize that major changes this late are impossible right? The leaked specs are 95% accurate save for some minor details.

I don't think it would matter...

Around the Network

It's funny people saying it wouldn't matter.

Then why does this thread have over 140 replies and so many votes on the poll? People obviously care

WagnerPaiva said:
The Xbox720 will have better specs for sure, Microsoft will not come last and announce low specs, I expect an equal or slightlly better RAM annd a little tiny improvement in some part of the hardware somehow.
This is a safe bet because Sony would do same if they came last...

Tha'ts impossible. The whole system is built to get arond the DDR3 RAM limitations. They can't just switch to GDDR5 lmfao. There is also no "little tiny improvement" that will somehow make it more powerful than the PS4. 

BenVTrigger said:
It's funny people saying it wouldn't matter.

Then why does this thread have over 140 replies and so many votes on the poll? People obviously care

I care about the games son!

ironmanDX said:
The meltdown would be epic. Why isn't there a meltdown already? The most powerful console has never won.

The console with the best combination of games/technology/price has always won.

We can assume PS4 will have the games and technology. It sure as hell won't have the PS3's price problems. So I'd say the odds are pretty good. The next Xbox also has a high chance to win next-gen. A $50 price difference won't matter, it will come down to exclusives and marketing.

M.U.G.E.N said:
psrock said:
http://beyond3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

plus Neogaf

Well yeah those two places. But which sources? Thuway? Proelite? Bgassassin? Don't think I have seen anyone give the nod when it comes to the GPU to the nextbox so far. Neither has vgleaks or Edge. But there has been talks of some impressive stuff on the CPU side of the nextbox tho

Edge has been pretty much in the money with the ps4 stuff..chances are they are with the nextbox as well

but who knows MS might come out and say Gotcha suckas! in April lol

alright, after reading gaf, the first dev kit, Durango had a better GPU, but MS changed it to a much weaker GPU. Now, we are waiting on the new kits, but Orbis also have a kit coming this summer that is rumored to have an optimised CPU. So no matter what MS do, Sony seemed to be matching it. 

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)