By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - These forums will be hilarious if Next Xbox is more powerful than PS4

Would the meltdowns be epic?

Yes 237 59.25%

No 107 26.75%

Maybe 53 13.25%

Total:397

The next 2 - 3 years on these forums are going to be hilarious. Meltdowns and bans for everyone!

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
RazorDragon said:
It would be actually hilarious if it was less powerful and did the same graphics. Now that would be interesting!

Wouldn't really be possible (not like it was this gen). There can be no issues with porting as the PS4's architecture is very close to a PC's (and will be almost identical to Durango's). If the rumours are true that Durango will use some form of Windows 8, then it could work in the opposite way.

I know that, but, I mean, what if we can't actually see any difference, even with Durango being less powerful? It's possible, as we're reaching a point of diminishing returns in the graphics department(we haven't reached that yet, though). It'll be nice to see how next-gen multiplatform development will go.

Slimebeast said:
Yes, it would be hilarious but sadly the Xbox 720 will be much weaker than the PS4.

I don't think 'much weaker' is true. The EDGE rumours which were the most accurate mentioned PS4 being 'slightly' more powerful and 'very easy to work with' although this was before the RAM was bumped up.

So moderately weaker. 

Actually, reposting from another thread: If the games shown were really created on such early devkits, it wouldn't surprise me if the games at the xbox conference look better (going by rumours, their devkits have not changed recently in power regards). That will be fun to watch. 

Reading all over, it seems the next xbox was indeed way more powerful from the first dev kits, but MS 2nd kits were a downgrade, now we are waiting to see the next kits.

Most insiders believe it will have a better CPU and GPU.

All in all, It seems Sony had to go with more ram to counter the xbox.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Does an increase in ram automatically mean the ps4 is stronger?..

lol no... Ive said it before MS should just stick to the rumored 4GB ram and sell $150 less than PS4!.. boom! Win.

Around the Network
psrock said:
Reading all over, it seems the next xbox was indeed way more powerful from the first dev kits, but MS 2nd kits were a downgrade, now we are waiting to see the next kits.

@bold: Where did you read this? Afaik there has been some indication about nextbox cpu being better but I thought pretty much every one said GPU was better on the PS4

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

The reaction by sony fans will be hilarious either way when the xbox is revealed.

http://beyond3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

plus Neogaf

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Chark said:
JayWood2010 said:
Chark said:
JayWood2010 said:

Do you know anything about hardware?  If not dont talk to me about it.  The OS is pretty much tied in with gaming now so itll likely be using at least 2gb at all times for the OS and like i said it is also sharing memory with the GPU.

It was a beautiful PR move at the sony conference because people dont know much about hardware.  As soon as someone said 8GB of RAM everybody is like !!!!!!  But in reality it isn't as good as it sounds.  Still though, if it is using 2-4gb of RAM Memory then that is up to 8x better the the PS3 which was using 256MB of RAM.

So you are taking 8GBs giving 2GB to the OS and 2-4GBs to the GPU where are the 2-4GBs you are leaving out?

The 2-4 left out is what would be used like RAM does in your computer. That would be the unshared part.

Can we get a price check(second opinion) on these hardware facts?

For some reason I'm finding it hard to understand your reasoning. Unsharred RAM, a whole 2GB for the OS, up to 4GB for some unknown other thing.

He knows absolutely nothing..don't pay any attention

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

M.U.G.E.N said:
psrock said:

@bold: Where did you read this? Afaik there has been some indication about nextbox cpu being better but I thought pretty much every one said GPU was better on the PS4

Reading from neogaf, they may have the same CPU, but MS has spent more time optimising it. 

Next Gen