By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo & monolith

so nintendo bought this monolith software company that apparently makes a couple of RPG games.

i haven't the faintest clue what games they make, so i checked out xenosaga on IGN.

got some pretty good reviews!  

anybody have any ideas what kind of games they might be developing currently?  and why nintendo wanted them badly enough to actually buy them from Namco?

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

xenosaga is really cool and they are a good studio to capture!!! definately good move by nintendo but I still think camelot would have been a better idea.

This studio also produces the series Baten Kaitos. Very good!

Lingyis said:

anybody have any ideas what kind of games they might be developing currently? and why nintendo wanted them badly enough to actually buy them from Namco?

Or namco wanted to get rid of them, problems with the devs some distanced them selfs from the series some just left.  Sales have not met expectations.

ps - no proof that monolith owns xenogears.

OriGin said:
xenosaga is really cool and they are a good studio to capture!!! definately good move by nintendo but I still think camelot would have been a better idea.

I agree, I would have liked to see a game like Golden Sun in 3D... *drools* This is just a dream though...

Around the Network
Lingyis said:

so nintendo bought this monolith software company that apparently makes a couple of RPG games.

i haven't the faintest clue what games they make, so i checked out xenosaga on IGN.

got some pretty good reviews!  

anybody have any ideas what kind of games they might be developing currently?  and why nintendo wanted them badly enough to actually buy them from Namco?

For the moment they are doing Disaster: Day of Crises. They were also a part of the development of Baten Kaitos.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

Hus said:
Lingyis said:

anybody have any ideas what kind of games they might be developing currently? and why nintendo wanted them badly enough to actually buy them from Namco?

Or namco wanted to get rid of them, problems with the devs some distanced them selfs from the series some just left. Sales have not met expectations.

That's just childish fanboy. Regardless they own rights to xenogears or not, Nintendo got more capable developers can only be good to them.

As a guess ...

Nintendo needed an internal developer who could boost their ability to deliver quality RPGs on a regular basis; at the same time Namco wanted to lower the number of internal developers producing RPGs because their RPGs have never been that financially successful. One company probably heard about the other company's desire and made a move that was in both of their best interests.

Galaki said:
Hus said:
Lingyis said:

Or namco wanted to get rid of them, problems with the devs some distanced them selfs from the series some just left. Sales have not met expectations.

That's just childish fanboy. Regardless they own rights to xenogears or not, Nintendo got more capable developers can only be good to them.

Thats just facts you fool. Namaco wanted a huge rpg franchise to do millions to be their FF, xenosags failed bad.

internal problems - http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2005/1620.html

HappySqurriel said:

As a guess ...

Nintendo needed an internal developer who could boost their ability to deliver quality RPGs on a regular basis; at the same time Namco wanted to lower the number of internal developers producing RPGs because their RPGs have never been that financially successful. One company probably heard about the other company's desire and made a move that was in both of their best interests.

^^ 

The most likely scenario.