By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 resembles Microsoft's leaked concept of NextBox, doesn't it?

KingofRome said:
I hope they are similar. Will make it easier for developers to port multiplatform games onto each system.

Not only easier but also cheaper. Nowadays game-development is a financial risk (look at journey-makers...) so multiplat-devs will have little effort to build the game for PS4/NextBox.

Around the Network
irstupid said:
Why do people care so much about specs?

It's not gonna be whether a console has an extra gig of ram or something like that, that makes their system a success or not.

What I'm waiting for on the 720 is not its specs but to see its interface, its social capabilities, its controller, its kinenct features, its games, its relationships with netflix or tv stations, ect.

Now I might not care about each of those things, but I"m interested to see what they have to offer in those regards, versus whether their teraflops are more or less than Sony's.

The specs will be very close, yes, but also the system-design as a whole.

walsufnir said:
superchunk said:
You have never been to my comparison thread have you? (see sig)

Oh yes, I do! But you don't mention the "core"-system that appears in the pic in the OP, nor the "chip" Sony announced today for always-on and background-stuff! This will dramatically change power-usage when using the systems as a media-centre which is to me horrible with ps360...

I was just talking about that in the thread. I'm unsure of its true usage really.

The presentation made it sound like it does ALL the OS level and background tasks leaving CPU/GPU for games. But there is an article that makes it sound like its really only used when system is in standby mode for some of the same stuff.

Basically, I'm waiting for more clarification.. idk. Maybe I already have enough to include it.

But yeah, they both have a very similar overall design, though the distinctions at this point are still quite large. In the end, 3rd party games will be identical between them again for the most part.

walsufnir said:
irstupid said:
Why do people care so much about specs?

It's not gonna be whether a console has an extra gig of ram or something like that, that makes their system a success or not.

What I'm waiting for on the 720 is not its specs but to see its interface, its social capabilities, its controller, its kinenct features, its games, its relationships with netflix or tv stations, ect.

Now I might not care about each of those things, but I"m interested to see what they have to offer in those regards, versus whether their teraflops are more or less than Sony's.

The specs will be very close, yes, but also the system-design as a whole.

Well since the PS4 interface screams windows 8 copy cat, I can see that.

I'm excited to see what new improvements are made though to navigating and using kinect to do stuff (outside games, like watching tv ect.)

Be cool if they let you change the command word.  I mean we all feel stupid saying "kinect, play Game of thrones"  but we would all feel cool saying "jarvis, play game of thrones"   Lol.

Also as said excited to see what tv deals tehy may have made.  What connectivity they have between windows 8 devices, ect.  Specs mean nothing, and not sure what you mean by system design.  Do you mean the architecture of the system?  Again I don't care at all about what is under the hood.  It could be a rabbit just beating a drum for all I care.  As long as it works.