By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Does Sony Really Understand How Gamers Want to be "Social"?

NintendoPie said:
HokageTenshi said:
so i guess Nintendo Land is not made for social, can tell me what is it for?

"Are gamers like me, who still enjoy playing video games in a real social environment (in person), that much of a minority?" (From OP.)

That should answer your question.

so question back to threads starter

Does Nintendo Really Understand How Gamers Want to be "Social"?

Around the Network
HokageTenshi said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

The OP just elaborated on his title.

NintendoPie said:
HokageTenshi said:

I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

The OP just elaborated on his title.

its ok, i think he get what i mean...

HokageTenshi said:
NintendoPie said:
HokageTenshi said:

"Are gamers like me, who still enjoy playing video games in a real social environment (in person), that much of a minority?" (From OP.)

This topic isn't about Nintendo, but I would say the answer is up to you. For me, my idea of being "social" while playing video games is playing them with other people in the same room. For me, I suppose Nintendo does understand that. They are offering asynchronous multiplayer and many of their titles focus on living-room multiplayer. But that's besides the topic at hand.

What is Sony offering that improves the social experience? I would say nothing, since my definition of being social while playing video games revolves around actually having others with you. They're improving with digital interactions for sure, but is that really how we want to be "social" in games? 

The answer is obviously a personal one, so I'm not telling anyone whether they're right or wrong. This thread isn't a bash on Sony, if anything it's more of a wake-up call to me at how anti-social our media and lives are becoming.

wfz said:
HokageTenshi said:
NintendoPie said:
HokageTenshi said:

This topic isn't about Nintendo, but I would say the answer is up to you. For me, my idea of being "social" while playing video games is playing them with other people in the same room. For me, I suppose Nintendo does understand that. They are offering asynchronous multiplayer and many of their titles focus on living-room multiplayer. But that's besides the topic at hand.

What is Sony offering that improves the social experience? I would say nothing, since my definition of being social while playing video games revolves around actually having others with you. They're improving with digital interactions for sure, but is that really how we want to be "social" in games? 

The answer is obviously a personal one, so I'm not telling anyone whether they're right or wrong. This thread isn't a bash on Sony, if anything it's more of a wake-up call to me at how anti-social our media and lives are becoming.

you have to know friends can't be there to play games with anytime you want, so connecting through network is another choice...

seems like you don't use facebook to connect with your friends do you?