By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Confirmed For PlayStation 4

I saw the logo of the devs in the Sony presentation... great.

Around the Network

Awesome. Missed out on the first two but heard great things so definitely excited.

It's all about the game.

Weedlab said:
I was expecting this. I hope we get the first 2 games in some form as well. I really want to get into this series, but my laptop can't run those games since it is not designed for gaming.

Forget it. CDP RED was developing W2 port for PS3 and they failed. Same story with W1 for first xbox.

Awesome. I'm playing the first one at the moment. Can't wait to get my hands on this.

can't wait, but would still love to have the witcher2 on PS3, but i'll just get a PC.

Around the Network
Xenobot said:
Weedlab said:
I was expecting this. I hope we get the first 2 games in some form as well. I really want to get into this series, but my laptop can't run those games since it is not designed for gaming.

Forget it. CDP RED was developing W2 port for PS3 and they failed. Same story with W1 for first xbox.

Yes I am aware of W2 on the PS3, or rather its absence on the PS3. I got the sense it was because of the PS3's architecture - just too difficult and time consuming. I was hoping with the PS4 that would change things since it is easy to develop for, but I didn't realize they already set a precedent with the original game on the Xbox. Well , there’s always Youtube if I can't get to play them.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Witcher 3 seems great. I can't wait for its released.

Weedlab said:

Yes I am aware of W2 on the PS3, or rather its absence on the PS3. I got the sense it was because of the PS3's architecture - just too difficult and time consuming. I was hoping with the PS4 that would change things since it is easy to develop for, but I didn't realize they already set a precedent with the original game on the Xbox. Well , there’s always Youtube if I can't get to play them.

It is - and will be - difficult for CDP cuz they are 100 % MS/DirectX developers.

And yes - they where unable to fit RED Engine in PS3 ram (as former CDP employed explained to me).

yum123 said:
Xenobot said:
Who cares?

me

me too

Heavenly_King said:
yum123 said:
Xenobot said:
Who cares?

me

me too

Me Five