By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PlayStation 3 has sold 5 million in Europe

The PlayStation Network's success in Europe has been a surprise to David Reeves, President of SCEE. In an interview he reveals "We’ve now got about 2 million PSN registrations. That’s about 40 per cent of users." Which means that, using his figures, approximately 5million PlayStation 3 consoles have been sold in Europe. 

http://www.playthree.net/2008/01/playstation-3-has-sold-5-million-in.html 

Around the Network

I think its best to just wait for Sony's financial report haha. 5 million is reasonable, but unlikely, unless we are really undertracking PS3 sales in Europe/Other. That would just be an unlikely shipped to sold ratio.

I have no words...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

zeross said:

The PlayStation Network's success in Europe has been a surprise to David Reeves, President of SCEE. In an interview he reveals "We’ve now got about 2 million PSN registrations. That’s about 40 per cent of users." Which means that, using his figures, approximately 5million PlayStation 3 consoles have been sold in Europe.

using this logic x360 has sold 25M ww...ok

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

zeross said:

The PlayStation Network's success in Europe has been a surprise to David Reeves, President of SCEE. In an interview he reveals "We’ve now got about 2 million PSN registrations. That’s about 40 per cent of users." Which means that, using his figures, approximately 5million PlayStation 3 consoles have been sold in Europe.

Yes, about..... give or take 30%.

Around the Network

Retailer sales most likely... if even that.

Just another bit of reeves using slight of words.

Also, a Playstation 3 can have more then one PSN account.

"We’ve now got about 2 million PSN registrations. That’s about 40 per cent of users."

"40% of PSN users comes from europe" is not "5million sales in europe"

OK, when is that financial report coming?

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"
John_Doe said:
"We’ve now got about 2 million PSN registrations. That’s about 40 per cent of users."

"40% of PSN users comes from europe" is not "5million sales in europe"

Well spotted, that might well be the misunderstanding here. Incidentally (or not), VGChartz is showing that about 40% of the existing PS3s are in Europe, so it does make sense.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

So basically...

Sony guy said: There are 2M PSN accounts in Europe. That's 40% of the number of PS3s.

Blog guy read: 2M is 40% the amount of PS3s in Europe. That's over nine thou..five million!

I'm not entirely following his logic here. =/