By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: Do you see yourself making videos with it?

Are you excited about video recording?

Yes 6 75.00%

No 2 25.00%

Total:8

I really think that this is an underappreciate feature.

Making montages, LPs, video reviews, guides, etc is really hard for someone that's not experienced with doing so. You usually need to have a decent PC (in which case, why not just use FRAPs instead?) and I think additional gear to record your gameplay footage.

I'm not really interested in necessarily the "social networking" aspect, but the ability to create your own videos hasn't really been communicated by Sony IMO. Next E3, they should really focus on making it easy for users to create content for sites like YouTube, rather than trying to create a walled garden and their own social networking site.

So, are you excited? And also, what things would you use this feature, and what do you think Sony should do to enhance it? Again, they should make it easy for people to create their own content (not just clips of video), so users should be able to download the clips onto their PC so they can edit them, create an video editing software on the console itself, make it easy to upload to YouTube directly from the PS4, etc.

Around the Network

No why should I care about video footage of other people playing games.

Hopefully they don't have ads on the videos. No adblocker on console :/

Hell Yeah me and my friends where planning to do gameplay footage. This is massive for us.

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Alvida said:
No why should I care about video footage of other people playing games.

Yes, why should millions of people on youtube care about video footage of other people playing games. Duh

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

Around the Network

Yes! I've always wanted to live stream games, but setting up live streams currently is such a hassle. I am thoroughly excited for this feature.

Do you guys think that Sony sufficiently sold the concept? Some things I think they should do is maybe get some well known YouTube channels to use the feature, or at least show some kind of video demonstration of the practical applications of the feature, rather than vaguely waving their hand and whispering "social network".

No, I have no interest in recording on snapping pictures of my gameplay. Sharing things online in general is not my thing. But, its a cool feature to have and seems very elegant and simple in use, so kudos for a modern and great idea at least!