By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does MGS4 seem so hyped up?

@Kirby007
Most do, from what I hear.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

Not a big fan of the MGS games. I like the first one best.

kirby007 said:
will it increase ps3 sales? imo people who want mgs have already a ps3, don't they?

That was said about the xbox 360, that everyone with a 360 had halo 3, but it sold millions of consoles didnt it?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

ZenfoldorVGI said:
One of the reasons the game does so well in the English speaking world, is David Hater is absolutely the best voice actor ever in a video game.

Of all of the statements in this thread, this one made me laugh. I mean, come on; of all the classically-trained actors who have appeared in games, some guy whose sole voice seems to be "Gritty Military Operatives Guy" is the "best voice actor ever"? Give me a break.

Anyway, I predict MGS4 will sell more like MGS:PO than MGS3. Metal Gear Solid just seems to be one of those franchises that hasn't aged well in terms of sales.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

@Zackblue

Actually, everyone in my town who wanted halo 3 already had a 360. I'm not sure about anywhere else.

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
Around the Network

well i think it will increase its sales but not too much,plus its mostly being hyped for its quality

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
well i think it will increase its sales but not too much,plus its mostly being hyped for its quality

Rightly so, I enjoy Hideo Kojima's games and I like the quality he puts into them.

cos it'll be a fuckin good game... it's one of the few games that deserves it's hype these days...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

MGS3 did not sell all that great, either... it seems that EVERY game has become the PS3's savior... I think that title is reserved for FF13 and GT5...

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

mgs4 is going to appeal to the japanese, american and europe market.

it has snake which appeals to all markets.

this game will do well in all regions. it will increase ps3 sales significantly.

those that say it will not, that is straight bull. everyone thought that whoever wanted halo 3 already owned a xbox 360. well they were wrong considering xbox 360 sales went up greatly over those past couple of weeks.

mgs4 will do the same. doubters should stop hating and congratulate the ps3 for once!

Now PlayingResistance: Fall of Man (PS3)Halo 3 (X360) Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (NDS)