By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - New Official Resistance 2 Screenshots (breathtaking)

Those are 1920x1080 shots. If they have this game running in 1080p with these visuals, I'll shit myself. Though it still doesn't look as good as KZ2 imo, aside from the resolution.

Those textures are pretty low rez, but we'll have to see it in motion before we can judge anything.  As KZ2 shows, excellent lighting ultimately plays a bigger role in the realism factor, and can easily make up for low rez textures. Motion blur helps as well.

Around the Network

OK, they look alright. I will pick this game, but so far it is not the orgasmic eye-candy fest people are claiming. And for the person that mentioned the lighting, once again it is good but not fantastic. Halo 3 for example had better lighting (though lighting was one of that games strong-suits).

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wow. just wow. Those are absolutely incredible. If the gameplay is as good as the graphics (should be, this is Insomniac after all) then this could be my game of the year.

They look good, but I'll wait until we see some gameplay. I don't trust any still screenshots these days, thanks to the photoshop effect.

Biggest improvement: it's not friggin monochrome!  Thankyou Crysis for finally prying the FPS genre out of that stylistic rut.

NICE!

I want to play the first one badly

Hi i'm new
Prediction:
EA will buy as many Companies they can,so they can make a super Console that
will have the most exclusive games, and Will win the next GEN
Around the Network

@epsilon72,
for the records, Insomniac never have been accused in using bullshots. =)
They show only real graphics.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Personally i think it looks almost as good as halo 3, which is a good, a very good thing actually. Only thing is the armour and reflections in halo 3 were a step up. To be fair to R2 though is we havent seen it running yet. It looks good though.

thats incredible, the first pic looks awesome, the tanks are so small.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

iclim4 said:
thats incredible, the first pic looks awesome, the tanks are so small.

I didn't even notice the tanks until you said that. Now the question is, why aren't they fighting? It seems to me as if the tanks and stalkers are on the same side right there.

Looks awsome! haven't played the first one, but will be picking it up along with my PS3, fingers crossed i will be buying it next week.

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"